Author Topic: Jaw Center in Los Angeles  (Read 20122 times)

Austinou88

Jaw Center in Los Angeles
« on: December 29, 2018, 04:06:15 AM »
I came across this website after looking up a doctor that is in my health insurances network.

They seem to do it all,  "Le Fort I, BSSO, Bimax, Genioplasty, SARME, CCW".
And they have some incredible before/after results.

Website is: https://www.jawcenter.la/everything-you-need-to-know-about-jaw-surgery/
Anyone heard of them?

PloskoPlus

Re: Jaw Center in Los Angeles
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 04:27:54 AM »
I came across this website after looking up a doctor that is in my health insurances network.

They seem to do it all,  "Le Fort I, BSSO, Bimax, Genioplasty, SARME, CCW".
And they have some incredible before/after results.

Website is: https://www.jawcenter.la/everything-you-need-to-know-about-jaw-surgery/
Anyone heard of them?

That girl's photos are misleading.  (Schendel's place - so not surprising.)  Stay away.

Austinou88

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 05:11:13 AM »
That girl's photos are misleading.  (Schendel's place - so not surprising.)  Stay away.
Yikes. Thanks for the warning.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 08:23:12 AM »
Shady Jacobson's place, too. Don't go there.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 11:40:52 AM »
Looks like they got another doctor on staff there too (Calvert) who did something deemed as 'shady'  but the Attorney General dismissed the charges (insurance fraud, perjury which could have resulted in a prison rap). However he made clear dismissal did not mean he was 'innocent' of the charges.

"Orange County Prosecution

.....The Orange County District Attorney’s Office in November 2013 charged Calvert with one felony count each of medical insurance fraud, manufacturing documents, and perjury. It dropped the prosecution in April 2014 after the doctor agreed to pay restitution to patients in an amount that was not disclosed.

It was alleged that in 2009, he performed unauthorized and damaging surgery on a man—identified as “John Doe”—in addition to the rhinoplasty (“nose job”) he had requested, billing his insurance company for the unnecessary procedures in an amount exceeding $40,000, and fabricating documents to support the fraudulent claims. Prosecutors also charged that Calvert lied in a deposition when sued by Doe.

The Register quoted Orange County Deputy District Attorney Shaddi Kamiabipour as saying of the dismissal of charges:

“We’re not dealing with a situation of me dismissing the case because he’s innocent. The reason it was done is it appeared to be a reasonably isolated situation, and he agreed to make corrections. And he is not necessarily a bad surgeon.”

ref= http://www.metnews.com/articles/2018/calvert120618.htm  LAST PARAGRAPH of the article
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 12:34:43 PM »
Not surprising at all.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2018, 01:36:13 PM »
Not surprising at all.

He later put out his own press releases saying he was 'exonerated' (by the dismissal)--implcation being he was 'innocent' of the charges or that they didn't find the charges true.

exonerate*: to show or state that someone or something is not guilty of something.

The dismissal neither meant he was 'exonerated' nor that the charges were untrue. It just meant the AG gave him a BREAK because he offered some RESTITUTION and correction and was not deemed a 'bad doctor'.

So, some 'shadyness' comes through by his putting out press releases that he was 'exonerated' of the charges. Perhaps that's why the AG needed to make clear:

“We’re not dealing with a situation of me dismissing the case because he’s innocent. The reason it was done is it appeared to be a reasonably isolated situation, and he agreed to make corrections. And he is not necessarily a bad surgeon.”

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2018, 01:39:35 PM »
Funny.
He's "not necessarily a good surgeon", either, by that logic.
It's kind of like instant replay in football. "The call on the field stands" doens't mean it was the right call; just that they didn't have video evidence to overturn it.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2018, 02:23:19 PM »
Funny.
He's "not necessarily a good surgeon", either, by that logic.
It's kind of like instant replay in football. "The call on the field stands" doens't mean it was the right call; just that they didn't have video evidence to overturn it.

Some more tell tale signs of 'shadiness'.

In this one, this doc partnered up with a patient to launch a biz idea he (the doc) had where the biz savvy patient helped him get a biz idea off the ground. Later, the doc told the partner he wanted to nix this biz endevour  and bought out the partner's share for 3 grand. Partner took it because he trusted the doc was nixing going forward with the biz idea. Meanwhile the doc was building up the biz idea and was NOT nixing it. So the article is about the partner suing him for fraud and misrepresentation.

That whole website looks pretty savvy as in ENTREPRENEURSHIP and MARKETING which may explain why the OP found it high on the search engines. 

http://trendmag2.trendoffset.com/publication/?i=251965&article_id=1968373&view=articleBrowser&ver=html5#{%22issue_id%22:251965,%22view%22:%22articleBrowser%22,%22article_id%22:%221968373%22}

ArtVandelay

• Private
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2018, 03:40:09 PM »
This Calvert fella also sued someone for writing a bad review. I didn't read into the specifics, just commenting that he sued a former patient.

https://law.justia.com/cases/california/court-of-appeal/2018/b282984.html

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2018, 03:58:09 PM »
STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS.

SCHENDEL AND JACOBSON ARE COMPLETE LIARS AND THEIR RESULTS ARE LOWER THAN SUBPAR.

I KNOW I CONSULTED WITH JACOBSON AND SCHENDEL EXTENSIVELY AND WAS ABOUT TO HAVE AN OPERATION WITH THEM UNTIL I FOUND OUT THEY HAD BEEN LYING ABOUT SEVERAL THINGS. JACOBSON IS ONE OF THE EVIL PEOPLE YOU WILL EVERY MEET I'M NOT JOKING HE OVERSAW MY ORTHODONTIC WORK FOR A WHILE AND HE MADE MY BITE WORSE. THEN WHEN I ASKED HIM AND SCHENDEL TO CLARIFY THE WORK THEY WOULD DO ON ME HE SHUT ME OFF AND STOLE OVER 5000 DOLLARS OF MY MONEY FOR HAVING DONE NOTHING. (HE NEVER EVEN PUT BRACES ON ME, THIS WAS JUST FOR A CONSULTATION!!!!!).

YOU'RE f**kED IF YOU GO TO THIS PLACE. CALVERT IS ALSO WELL KNOWN FOR BEING SUED BY PATIENTS AS IS JACOBSON AND SCHENDEL. I KNOW OF A FEW CASES WHERE SCHENDEL AND JACOBSON GAVE PATIENTS SOME HUSH MONEY SO THEY WOULD NOT PROCEED WITH COURT CASES FOR DISFIGURING THEM. THEY'RE ALL ABOUT MARKETING AND SQUEEZING YOU FOR MONEY. I AM SO GLAD I NEVER WENT TO THESE CHARLATANS.

IF YOU WANT A GOOD, SOLID RESULT DOUGLAS SINN in TEXAS is WHO I ENDED UP GOING TO AND HE WAS SOLID. GUNSON/ARNETT ARE LIKE SAINTS COMPARED TO THESE f**kERS. DAMN, EVEN A COMPETENT JAW SURGEON IN YOUR AREA WILL BE MORE HONEST AND PROVIDE A BETTER RESULT THAN THESE MONEY-HUNGRY HACKS: DORFMAN, JACOBSON, SCHENDEL CALVERT. Oh my god and Jacobson is the evil shyster behind the whole operation. He doesn't know a thing about jaw surgery and sucks patients in with this nice-guy smarmy routine. That is all until you have a problem. Then he will ghost you like a satanic villain.

You think I'm going overboard here? No, you all know I'm one of the most experienced members on this board who has gone through surgery and come out the other side. ANd I can tell you ANYTHING TO DO WITH JACOBSON will lead to you suffering greatly. I could not overexaggerate.

Austinou88

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2018, 02:58:05 PM »
Shady Jacobson's place, too. Don't go there.
Wow. Yeah, I think I'm going to stay away from all of them and stick with who I was originally planning to see.
Where there is one or two faulty doctors, there is bound to be more. Especially considering they all work together!

Austinou88

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2018, 03:17:05 PM »
Looks like they got another doctor on staff there too (Calvert) who did something deemed as 'shady'  but the Attorney General dismissed the charges (insurance fraud, perjury which could have resulted in a prison rap). However he made clear dismissal did not mean he was 'innocent' of the charges.

"Orange County Prosecution

.....The Orange County District Attorney’s Office in November 2013 charged Calvert with one felony count each of medical insurance fraud, manufacturing documents, and perjury. It dropped the prosecution in April 2014 after the doctor agreed to pay restitution to patients in an amount that was not disclosed.

It was alleged that in 2009, he performed unauthorized and damaging surgery on a man—identified as “John Doe”—in addition to the rhinoplasty (“nose job”) he had requested, billing his insurance company for the unnecessary procedures in an amount exceeding $40,000, and fabricating documents to support the fraudulent claims. Prosecutors also charged that Calvert lied in a deposition when sued by Doe.

The Register quoted Orange County Deputy District Attorney Shaddi Kamiabipour as saying of the dismissal of charges:

ref= http://www.metnews.com/articles/2018/calvert120618.htm  LAST PARAGRAPH of the article

Holy Crap! Even if it was an isolated incident, they should have taken his license to practice away?
What's a good way of running a background check on surgeons, because I usually only look into there reviews.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 03:34:13 PM by Austinou88 »

Austinou88

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2018, 06:18:12 PM »
STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS.

SCHENDEL AND JACOBSON ARE COMPLETE LIARS AND THEIR RESULTS ARE LOWER THAN SUBPAR.

I KNOW I CONSULTED WITH JACOBSON AND SCHENDEL EXTENSIVELY AND WAS ABOUT TO HAVE AN OPERATION WITH THEM UNTIL I FOUND OUT THEY HAD BEEN LYING ABOUT SEVERAL THINGS. JACOBSON IS ONE OF THE EVIL PEOPLE YOU WILL EVERY MEET I'M NOT JOKING HE OVERSAW MY ORTHODONTIC WORK FOR A WHILE AND HE MADE MY BITE WORSE. THEN WHEN I ASKED HIM AND SCHENDEL TO CLARIFY THE WORK THEY WOULD DO ON ME HE SHUT ME OFF AND STOLE OVER 5000 DOLLARS OF MY MONEY FOR HAVING DONE NOTHING. (HE NEVER EVEN PUT BRACES ON ME, THIS WAS JUST FOR A CONSULTATION!!!!!).

YOU'RE f**kED IF YOU GO TO THIS PLACE. CALVERT IS ALSO WELL KNOWN FOR BEING SUED BY PATIENTS AS IS JACOBSON AND SCHENDEL. I KNOW OF A FEW CASES WHERE SCHENDEL AND JACOBSON GAVE PATIENTS SOME HUSH MONEY SO THEY WOULD NOT PROCEED WITH COURT CASES FOR DISFIGURING THEM. THEY'RE ALL ABOUT MARKETING AND SQUEEZING YOU FOR MONEY. I AM SO GLAD I NEVER WENT TO THESE CHARLATANS.

IF YOU WANT A GOOD, SOLID RESULT DOUGLAS SINN in TEXAS is WHO I ENDED UP GOING TO AND HE WAS SOLID. GUNSON/ARNETT ARE LIKE SAINTS COMPARED TO THESE f**kERS. d*mn, EVEN A COMPETENT JAW SURGEON IN YOUR AREA WILL BE MORE HONEST AND PROVIDE A BETTER RESULT THAN THESE MONEY-HUNGRY HACKS: DORFMAN, JACOBSON, SCHENDEL CALVERT. Oh my god and Jacobson is the evil shyster behind the whole operation. He doesn't know a thing about jaw surgery and sucks patients in with this nice-guy smarmy routine. That is all until you have a problem. Then he will ghost you like a satanic villain.

You think I'm going overboard here? No, you all know I'm one of the most experienced members on this board who has gone through surgery and come out the other side. ANd I can tell you ANYTHING TO DO WITH JACOBSON will lead to you suffering greatly. I could not overexaggerate.
Man, I don’t even know what to say except for, That Is Disturbing!
That’s awful you had to go through that, I feel for you.

So as far as choosing an Orthodontist, is it super important to find
just as good a one as your OMFS is? I was planning to just go with
whoever the OMFS that I’m seeing uses. But there is also two really
good one’s that Arnett & Gunson use. (Dr. Todd Walklow, and Dr.
Richard McLaughlin) but I doubt relle uses them since they’re not
even by him. What do you think?

I think I’m done being curious and will just stick with who I have been originally planning to see.
I definitely trust your experience, and really appreciate you sharing this. What a bunch of corrupt piece of sh*ts!

korvitz

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2018, 08:16:59 PM »
If you choose an good OMFS, then it could be quite likely that the orthodontists the good OMFS works with are also good. You could always ask Relle if he would be willing to work with one of these 2 mentioned orthos as well.

Why not consult with the orthodontist Relle uses, if you dont like this ortho then consult with the two orthos A&G use?