Author Topic: Hate my stupid face (16 month post le fort 1)  (Read 12133 times)

Hollymou

Re: Hate my stupid face (16 month post le fort 1)
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2019, 06:30:29 PM »
Now I am 3 years post surgery and have braces off. Nose flare very visible in this photo.

Hollymou

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2019, 06:36:16 PM »
this is from another angle. I try not to show much teeth still as I’m self conscious about how weird my nose looks when it flares. I still get a fright when I see my reflection. It’s just ridiculous. It’s like I can’t see past the stupid nose 😣

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2019, 06:59:38 PM »
That nostril flair isn't bad. You look good.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Hollymou

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2019, 07:06:42 PM »
And other side.

Am I imagining the philtrum is too long? I feel like the bottom of the teeth are so far from the nose

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2019, 07:10:02 PM »
Hi- I had a large LF1 and have similar concerns about my nostril flare. Honestly yours is not too bad. Your tip is not very upturned so the nasal show isn’t as bad as it could be.

That said, have you considered an alar resection? That could address your concern.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2019, 08:23:07 PM »
Am I imagining the philtrum is too long?

Hard to tell, but it looks within normal there.
Now that you've posted more photos, it's obvious you objectively look better after your surgery. There will always be minor trade offs. Okay, maybe this or that is a mm off one way or the other, but as a whole you look much better. Obsessing over your (within norm) nostrils will make you unattractive to other people. Maybe see a therapist or something.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Gadwins

• Private
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2019, 11:57:00 AM »
I have really to say, that your nose looks normal. Many eastern european girls have the same nose and you know what men say about eastern european girls. So I would say objective there is no issue. Of course you could let change it. But then you should really think why you want to let change your nose: if you want to change your nose, because you personally don't like your nose (what is ok) or because you think that other people think that is a ugly nose (then see GJ comment).

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2019, 05:55:08 PM »
you def look BETTER in the afters.

Jordana1983

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2019, 12:41:35 PM »
You look gorgeous

ghiggson90

• Private
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2020, 06:54:49 AM »
I don't have enough of your before pictures to tell, but you do look great in the afters. The alar resection mentioned earlier might address your concerns. Full rhinoplasty is a can of worms.

ben from UK

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2020, 05:04:30 PM »
And other side.

Am I imagining the philtrum is too long? I feel like the bottom of the teeth are so far from the nose

Based on this pic I don't think the philtrum is too long, but I might be tricked by the pic. I think your intuition is right: everything is fine but your nose seems too broad. A good surgeon could easily fix it and make it more subtle. Maybe it's because you're smiling though. So you need to post better pics I think.

Edit: now I see the other pics. Yes, I completely agree with you and I understand your discomfort. The nose is slightly too broad somewhere around the bottom (there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with your philtrum based on these pics). That's my personal opinion.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2020, 07:52:21 PM »
The nose is a fraction too broad.

jusken

• Private
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2020, 03:40:13 PM »
Yeah you have more alar flare than in your before - I do too.  It's the only thing I think that is objectively worse, but it constantly bothers me.  It can throw off the facial harmony to some degree and I think is more common of a concern than people might think.

I did a couple consults with rhinoplasty surgeons who do alar reductions as well as looking at many before and afters.  Honestly, no matter what they tell you, it's a risky procedure because of the external scars.  I don't like this solution and I've been aware of how many tradeoffs happen with surgery.  It's a medieval approach to aesthetics and if we were all more rational we'd invest in biotech and regenerative therapies instead of giving surgeons more money.

In short, I would heavily caution a rhinoplasty procedure, even though many in here have identified what is likely the primary issue... and isn't that bad ultimately.  Overall you look good.

ben from UK

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2020, 05:00:31 PM »
It depends on the surgeon. Highly skilled surgeons can produce topresults. Look at Zlatans and Ramos' nosejobs for example. Subtility is the keyfactkor. I had a noserevision and the surgeon did a great job. It's probably the most difficult procedure aestethically, but highly skilled surgeons know how the underlying bone and cartillage should be in the ideal case. Natural result is key. A nose should never look fake.

With men, it's different. In most cases, they don't need a nosejob. The facial structure is way more important. A good, prominent masculine nose is good or at least not a problem in most cases. If it seems a problem, there's probably a lack of good bonestructure (jaw, chin or sometimes cheekbones). Only in rare cases the nose really is a problem.

With women, noses are more important. A straight slightly upturned nose is ideal. Noseflares should be max. 2/3rd of total length from profile, max. 2 millimeter visible from the front. With some women a sligthty convex nose isn't a problem. Whichnose is in most cases. 110 degree angle from profile is ideal (if I'm not mistaken).

With men, a slightly convex nose or straight nose from profile is ideal. I personally prefer a slightly convex nose due to additional masculinity. Nose should never be upturned with men. 90 degree angle from profile (if I'm not mistaken).

Bottomline is: good surgeons with great aestethic eye produce good results. Bad surgeons produce fake noses or fake Instagram model noses.

Kadath

• Private
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2020, 05:51:30 PM »
Now I am 3 years post surgery and have braces off. Nose flare very visible in this photo.

you look markedly improved in your AFTER photos, and the width of the nose is actually very cute on you. I think you just have bdd and having been used to your old face for so long.