Author Topic: Getting custom 3D CT-designed wraparound jaw and cheek implants in a few weeks  (Read 18670 times)

SurgerySoon

In just a few weeks, I will be going to Dr. Y to have surgery to place custom-designed midface (cheek/orbital rim) and wraparound jaw implants. I'm frauding in most of these by clenching my masseter muscles to make my jaw angles look wider and more flared (and pouting my lips to make my cheeks look more defined), but here is a series of photos taken between 2015 - last few weeks to show you my starting point; as you can see, my buggy eyes and lack of lower eyelid support are probably my most noticeable "bad" features:

https://imgur.com/a/qo9feyz

The top 3 pics were taken in 2015, and the rest were taken in either 2018 or 2019. Here is a photo taken in early December 2018, but I'm also frauding in this pic by clenching my jaw and also slightly pouting my lips:

https://imgur.com/a/RV3oSTH

To give you an idea of what my jaw looks like when I'm not clenching my masseter muscles, see below to compare two photos taken in which I'm clenching my jaw in one photo but not clenching in the other one. I'm not clenching in the top photo, and I am clenching in the bottom one. These photos were also taken after an 8-10 mile run in a very humid climate, so I'd also just lost lots of water weight (slightly pouting my lips as well):

https://imgur.com/a/k85qSSJ

Dr. Y will also be performing a subperiosteal midface lift -- a procedure he is one of the originators of (or perhaps *the* originator of?) -- to elevate my lower eyelids and eradicate my nasolabial folds, which, along with my lack of lower eyelid support, are the most telling giveaway of my age (31).

So basically, I told Dr. Y that I want to get a more chiseled, masculine, "male model"-esque look. I sent him several pictures of Henry Cavill in his leanest states (e.g., filming scenes for "Man of Steel") and told him I'd like to get as realistically close as possible to getting more of that "look" without appearing unnatural-looking or like someone who is trying to "force" a look that just doesn't quite work. Overall, I want to become more attractive. Anyways, here are photos of the implant designs:

https://imgur.com/a/OPNjH4Z

https://imgur.com/a/BnTEcII

So, what do you guys think? Do you think Dr. Y designed these implants with a tasteful aesthetic sense? I really like the sharpness and angularity of the cheeks, and I think the jaw looks cool, too; I'm just afraid that the angles might be so sharp and wide that they make my lower jaw look TOO wide.

Post bimax

• Private
Uhh..you have an incredible jaw as is (yes, even not clenched). Please do not f**k up your face. Almost everyone here would kill for your jaw angles and definition. I think your issues are psychological, not aesthetic. I see no good coming of this.

ben from UK

You have a good jaw and chin. I wouldn't do anything to your jaw and chin. I think the design is only going to make your face more boxy.

SurgerySoon

You have a good jaw and chin. I wouldn't do anything to your jaw and chin. I think the design is only going to make your face more boxy.

Uhh..you have an incredible jaw as is (yes, even not clenched). Please do not f**k up your face. Almost everyone here would kill for your jaw angles and definition. I think your issues are psychological, not aesthetic. I see no good coming of this.

Thanks for the compliments, but you guys don't think I'd benefit from dropping the jaw angles down a bit further so that my gonial angles aren't so high?

Another option is to leave the jaw angles alone and just place the custom chin implant portion of the wraparound implant (I.e., chin implant only, no jaw implant), since my chin is a little short from the side and a bit narrow from the front.

Do you both really think that augmenting the jaw/chin in any way whatsoever will only make me look worse?

fulcanelli

• Private
I agree with the others, leave it alone. Yeh you could drop the jaw angles s bit but it might look unnatural. Your chin is a tiny bit pointy But I wouldn’t say it needs surgery at all.

Change your hairstyle and experiment with a stubble trimmer.

Or try fillers first to see how if looks.

Good luck.

Post bimax

• Private

Thanks for the compliments, but you guys don't think I'd benefit from dropping the jaw angles down a bit further so that my gonial angles aren't so high?

Another option is to leave the jaw angles alone and just place the custom chin implant portion of the wraparound implant (I.e., chin implant only, no jaw implant), since my chin is a little short from the side and a bit narrow from the front.

Do you both really think that augmenting the jaw/chin in any way whatsoever will only make me look worse?

Your gonial angles are not abnormally high and your chin is not so narrow as to be un-aesthetic.

There are many risks associated with chin/jaw implants (both functional and aesthetic risks). You have excellent bone structure and further augmenting this with implants will likely lead to an unnatural appearance. The fact that you are nitpicking your already superb genetics leads me to believe you will do the same with any implants you receive and lead you down a road of constant revisions. You don't want to end up like the Bogandoffs.

Maybe try a fade haircut, leaving it long on top, if you really want to exaggerate your jaw angles by contrast.  I strongly advise against plastic surgery in your case.

kavan

• Global Moderator
Getting surgery to look like SUPER MAN. Just LOL.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

SurgerySoon

I agree with the others, leave it alone. Yeh you could drop the jaw angles s bit but it might look unnatural. Your chin is a tiny bit pointy But I wouldn’t say it needs surgery at all.

Change your hairstyle and experiment with a stubble trimmer.

Or try fillers first to see how if looks.

Good luck.

Your gonial angles are not abnormally high and your chin is not so narrow as to be un-aesthetic.

There are many risks associated with chin/jaw implants (both functional and aesthetic risks). You have excellent bone structure and further augmenting this with implants will likely lead to an unnatural appearance. The fact that you are nitpicking your already superb genetics leads me to believe you will do the same with any implants you receive and lead you down a road of constant revisions. You don't want to end up like the Bogandoffs.

Maybe try a fade haircut, leaving it long on top, if you really want to exaggerate your jaw angles by contrast.  I strongly advise against plastic surgery in your case.

So even if I just opted for the custom chin implant and left the jaw angles alone, do you still think it would look unnatural? The thing is, I have paid for at least the custom cheek and chin implants already and I'm not sure if I am eligible to get a refund on any portion of the surgery at this point. Do you guys really think that even just a custom chin implant would look unnatural?

What about the custom cheek implants? I actually do have relatively flat malar bones and recessed (or at least shallow) orbital rims, as evidenced by the fact that I have noticeable tear troughs, and I have always wanted to get a more defined, masculine look like Henry Cavill or a male model. Do you guys also think that custom cheek implants would be a bad idea as well?

The thing is, when I talk to girls I know about my looks and ask them for their honest opinions on whether they think my looks can be improved or not, they agree that even though they consider me to be fairly good-looking (maybe 6-7/10), they acknowledge that there is definitely room for improvement (not that I'm doing this because some random girl said I need to be better-looking -- just saying that there is some objective agreement that my looks could be improved).

In general, are you guys saying that any plastic surgery at all would result in an natural-looking outcome, and that it isn't possible to get any improvement whatsoever? Not even for the cheeks/orbital rims to improve both the cheek and eye area?

SurgerySoon

Getting surgery to look like SUPER MAN. Just LOL.

@Kavan I realize that it sounds crazy when you look at it like that, but I just mentioned Henry Cavill because he's an example of a guy with really good masculine bone structure. In general, though, do you agree with the others that these surgeries will only make me look worse? Even if I just opt for custom cheek and chin implants? Isn't there at least SOME room for improvement?

beyondconfusedtbh

Why are you pursuing these implants?

If it’s for what I think it is, sorry but it’s your personality. :)

Post bimax

• Private
So even if I just opted for the custom chin implant and left the jaw angles alone, do you still think it would look unnatural? The thing is, I have paid for at least the custom cheek and chin implants already and I'm not sure if I am eligible to get a refund on any portion of the surgery at this point. Do you guys really think that even just a custom chin implant would look unnatural?

What about the custom cheek implants? I actually do have relatively flat malar bones and recessed (or at least shallow) orbital rims, as evidenced by the fact that I have noticeable tear troughs, and I have always wanted to get a more defined, masculine look like Henry Cavill or a male model. Do you guys also think that custom cheek implants would be a bad idea as well?

The thing is, when I talk to girls I know about my looks and ask them for their honest opinions on whether they think my looks can be improved or not, they agree that even though they consider me to be fairly good-looking (maybe 6-7/10), they acknowledge that there is definitely room for improvement (not that I'm doing this because some random girl said I need to be better-looking -- just saying that there is some objective agreement that my looks could be improved).

In general, are you guys saying that any plastic surgery at all would result in an natural-looking outcome, and that it isn't possible to get any improvement whatsoever? Not even for the cheeks/orbital rims to improve both the cheek and eye area?

Dude, if you are so dead set on getting these implants then knock yourself out. No, I do not think you need implants at any part of your face and yes I think the risks outweigh any potential benefit. Make absolutely sure to ask your doc whether they can be easily removed and how much that will cost though because I honestly think you will end up looking unnatural.

There are a hundred other things you can do to improve your attractiveness that don't involve putting plastic in your already well-developed face. Get jacked and do some direct neck work; that will make your face appear even more masculine. Change up your hair style and wardrobe.  Stop being insecure about your good looks (probably most important point here).  If there's one thing guaranteed to turn a woman off, it's being the kind of person that would say "okay tell me honestly- do you think I'm cute?".  That's your problem man, not your goddamn chin or malar bones.

kavan

• Global Moderator
@Kavan I realize that it sounds crazy when you look at it like that, but I just mentioned Henry Cavill because he's an example of a guy with really good masculine bone structure. In general, though, do you agree with the others that these surgeries will only make me look worse? Even if I just opt for custom cheek and chin implants? Isn't there at least SOME room for improvement?

It doesn't sound crazy. It sounds hilarious; 'SuperManSurgerySoon'. Bring your cape.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

SurgerySoon

Dude, if you are so dead set on getting these implants then knock yourself out. No, I do not think you need implants at any part of your face and yes I think the risks outweigh any potential benefit. Make absolutely sure to ask your doc whether they can be easily removed and how much that will cost though because I honestly think you will end up looking unnatural.

There are a hundred other things you can do to improve your attractiveness that don't involve putting plastic in your already well-developed face. Get jacked and do some direct neck work; that will make your face appear even more masculine. Change up your hair style and wardrobe.  Stop being insecure about your good looks (probably most important point here).  If there's one thing guaranteed to turn a woman off, it's being the kind of person that would say "okay tell me honestly- do you think I'm cute?".  That's your problem man, not your goddamn chin or malar bones.

The implants will be made of silicone so that they can be removed in the future if needed. I'm leaning towards leaving the jaw alone and just starting with the custom cheek and chin implants to see how I like the results, then maybe reconsidering the jaw in the future.

SurgerySoon

It doesn't sound crazy. It sounds hilarious; 'SuperManSurgerySoon'. Bring your cape.

So I'm guessing you don't have any constructive criticisms for me?

Post bimax

• Private
So I'm guessing you don't have any constructive criticisms for me?

He's telling you your expectations are unrealistic and reasons for wanting PS are absurd in the first place.