Author Topic: WILL CCW HELP YOU MEW/KEEP POSTERIOR THIRD OF TONGUE ON BACK OF PALATE?  (Read 1282 times)

Lazlo

• Private
So I totally agree that keeping your whole tongue up in your palate is imp.

In yogic literature they talk about how important this is. But my palate is really high up esp. the back of my palate.

When you have Gunson or Wolford's CCW you get a lot of posterior downgraft, right? That would make it easier to keep the back of your tongue near your palate right?

Lefortitude

didnt you have ccw? multi segment? hows your oral/facial posture now comparing to your pre op condition?

forwardgrowth

IMO mewing and chin tucking 24/7 is absolutely crucial for preventing release post surgery and improving forward growth and skull over time

JourneyToSerenity

I'm definitely going to put a similar question to, Dr.Gunson, see his opinion on the matter. I've been recommended SARPE + 3 piece lefort by two different surgeons as I have a narrow palate, personally, I want my maxilla expanded to enable enough room for my tongue to rest, as well as widening the nasal cavity, because at present my tongue rests on my bottom teeth which just exacerbates my open mouth posture.

Common logic, supports what Mew/Mckeown say with regards to tongue placement in the roof of the mouth. From what I've heard 2/3 of the tongue should rest in the roof of the mouth.