Author Topic: Modified Lefort 3 Cut by Sinn  (Read 15832 times)

PloskoPlus

Re: Modified Lefort 3 Cut by Sinn
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2019, 08:37:25 PM »
How bad is the scaring , anybody have a picture?

What a bad canthotomy scar looks like.

https://imgur.com/a/ItUwCCQ

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2019, 10:38:54 PM »
What a bad canthotomy scar looks like.

https://imgur.com/a/ItUwCCQ

Yeah that's not acceptable.

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2019, 04:21:20 AM »
Wolford does it all through the mouth.  Some surgeons say he cannot possibly go far enough laterally with this approach, others just freak out.

Do you know more how it's done? BSSO is easy to understand because you can stick your finger in and reach where the cut can be made. Lefort I is in my opinion semi intraorally, you detach and reach it under the skin. This modified lefort III area seems unreachable without going through the palate, or maybe doing a face-off, but then the cut is still made from the outside.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2019, 04:34:25 AM »
Do you know more how it's done? BSSO is easy to understand because you can stick your finger in and reach where the cut can be made. Lefort I is in my opinion semi intraorally, you detach and reach it under the skin. This modified lefort III area seems unreachable without going through the palate, or maybe doing a face-off, but then the cut is still made from the outside.
"curved osteotome" and skill

forwardgrowth

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2019, 05:54:28 AM »
I wish the cut covered more of the LOR the line seems to end at half part of the LOR, hopefully, this diagram is helpful, I think one would need to get MOD Lefort III and then zygoma osteotomy to fully augment the zygomatics. 

micjawsurgery

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2019, 11:41:45 AM »
I booked a consultation with Yaremchuk next week and by Thursday I’ll decide whether I’ll be going with Sinn’s osteotomy or custom implants. I thought about this osteotomy a lot yesterday and realized it’s insane for me to go through this procedure without consulting with an implant doctor. My orbital and malar recession is not so bad that I need an osteotomy; I emailed Eppley very detailed and accurate photos that confirmed this.

What makes Yaremchuk appealing is that I can have jaw lipo done at the same time, and can probably fit a genioplasty into my budget. In addition to the procedure being reversible and much safer of functional issues.

I shared a few pictures elsewhere. I wouldn’t mind uploading more detailed and accurate photos (these are cherrypicked) if I can make them private somehow.

https://imgur.com/a/XmDpBiT

beyondconfusedtbh

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2019, 03:54:04 PM »
You have a good lower third. Be careful with the SG.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2019, 05:21:47 PM »
I booked a consultation with Yaremchuk next week and by Thursday I’ll decide whether I’ll be going with Sinn’s osteotomy or custom implants. I thought about this osteotomy a lot yesterday and realized it’s insane for me to go through this procedure without consulting with an implant doctor. My orbital and malar recession is not so bad that I need an osteotomy; I emailed Eppley very detailed and accurate photos that confirmed this.

What makes Yaremchuk appealing is that I can have jaw lipo done at the same time, and can probably fit a genioplasty into my budget. In addition to the procedure being reversible and much safer of functional issues.

I shared a few pictures elsewhere. I wouldn’t mind uploading more detailed and accurate photos (these are cherrypicked) if I can make them private somehow.

https://imgur.com/a/XmDpBiT

Dude you don't need any surgery. Your under eye area is not weak, it's just normal. I don't think mfl3 will make you look much better or different. And you don't need neck lip or nothing dude. You look very handsome.

april

• Private
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2019, 06:32:56 PM »
You have a great face. I know you said these are cherrypicked but you don't look like you need any work at all.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2019, 10:26:34 PM »
I don't think you'll look any better, just different.

micjawsurgery

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2019, 12:27:58 PM »
Here is the photo I sent Sinn/Eppley regarding the orbital recession to make it more clear https://imgur.com/a/KYxSeGj

My maxilla projects very far compared to the cheeks which makes the flatness more apparent

micjawsurgery

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2019, 01:36:46 PM »
To add some useful info:

Sinn told me custom implants could create similar results but it won’t look as good as bone being moved. Risks are certainly less with implants.

He performed 6 of these last year. Probably will do more this year. So he definitely has a lot of experience at this point with the surgery since he’s probably been doing it for at the least the last decade.

Since 2018 he has changed and improved the technique he told me, so it is not the exact same procedure Earl got.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2019, 02:30:37 PM »
Here is the photo I sent Sinn/Eppley regarding the orbital recession to make it more clear https://imgur.com/a/KYxSeGj

My maxilla projects very far compared to the cheeks which makes the flatness more apparent

You don't have prominent eye; 'Bug eyes'. Would not even say you had 'negative vector' but maybe 'zero vector'. Keep in mind that type of surgery whether it be the bone cut mod L3 or orbital rim implants is really for people who have the BUG EYES to make the eye look LESS prominent and your eyes don't look prominent at all. Your eyes could even look too small for you after that type of surgery given that the surgery's aim is making the eyes look more recessed.

NORMAL Asian 'evenness' under the eyes.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

micjawsurgery

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2019, 02:48:27 PM »
I’ve never though my eye prominence was an issue, more so flat cheeks and under eye tear troughs

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2019, 03:11:18 PM »
Dr. Sinn sent me the cut he makes for the modified lefort 3.

If he'd do surgery on you, he should fall under the irresponsible/unethical doctors who just want to line their pockets.

You look great. Proceed with surgery at your peril.
Millimeters are miles on the face.