Author Topic: Zygomatic arch reduction + zygoma augmentation (besides bimax)  (Read 796 times)

djsbelgium

Besides a bimax, i'm looking to get cheekbone work done. I'm looking at zygomatic arch reduction (the sides) and zygoma augmentation (in the front).

The reason i want arch reduction is the following: https://imgur.com/a/ujE9CYB
In the first picture (me) you can see my cheekbones stick out from the sides, making my face shape look weird. The result i want looks like the second picture, with straight 'blue lines' like i drew. I think arch reduction is a better option than for example widening both jaws to get the 'blue lines', no?

It seems like an uncommon procedure in the west (arch reduction). What are the risks? How invasive is it? Will it make my recovery harder?

Can arch reduction and augmentation be somehow combined? Can this all be done together with a bimax?

Also, does anyone know any surgeon(s) in Belgium who do arch reduction?

fulcanelli

• Private
Re: Zygomatic arch reduction + zygoma augmentation (besides bimax)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 10:52:21 AM »
I don’t think you need either of those seriously invasive surgeries

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Zygomatic arch reduction + zygoma augmentation (besides bimax)
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 11:51:54 AM »
Perhaps uncommon in West as you say.

I don't know the details but there is a surgery commonly done in Korea when the cheek bones stick out too much from the sides. They make a cut and move the parts outwardly sticking out as to bring the structure INWARD and they OVERLAP to anterior area for more frontal projection. Again, don't know all the details other than it's something Asians get in Korea. But yes, to the best of my knowledge it's a surgery that combines arch reduction (sticking out too much from sides) and frontal augmentation because they overlap the unwanted side excess to anterior part of cheek where more augmentation is wanted.

Think I saw--some time ago-- something like what you are wanting on ID hospital in Korea website. So, you could Google for more info.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.