Author Topic: Popped jaw now hypertrophy of muscle?  (Read 906 times)

Sanj87

Popped jaw now hypertrophy of muscle?
« on: May 15, 2019, 03:25:24 AM »
A while ago i decided to intenionally pop my left jaw i dont know why sinse then It hurts constantly but most importantly i feel that side has changed like its sticking out. The muscle is tight. My orthodontist said he can feel my muscles and he cant see a diffrence. I had tmj scans they said you have a bit of degredation thats it. What happened could the masseter really have got bigger on that side? Ive been icing and applying heat aswell as gentle exercise but dont see a diffrence

cambree

Re: Popped jaw now hypertrophy of muscle?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 07:21:33 AM »
Not sure how things are Panning out right now but if you really think the discrepancy is due to the masseter,Botox should help

ben from UK

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 06:31:20 AM »
A while ago i decided to intenionally pop my left jaw i dont know why sinse then It hurts constantly but most importantly i feel that side has changed like its sticking out. The muscle is tight. My orthodontist said he can feel my muscles and he cant see a diffrence. I had tmj scans they said you have a bit of degredation thats it. What happened could the masseter really have got bigger on that side? Ive been icing and applying heat aswell as gentle exercise but dont see a diffrence

Could it be the masseter partially detached? Usually that happens when alot of force is applied, for example when putting a large implant in and then taking it out, it could cause damage to the masseter. I don't know if you can cause that kind of damage by popping up your jaw, but I can immagine by doing this repeatedly, it could cause masseter retraction, creating a bulge. This can be reduced with botox but it's not permanent, you have to repeat it every 6 months. Other procedures are reataching the jawmuscle (very difficult procedure), shaving part of masseter (dangerous) or boneshaving (wouldn't recommend that, outcome is insure and could blunt your jawangles).

Sanj87

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 03:37:02 PM »
Assuming it did get detached. Then that would have been extremly painfull which it wasnt. I like moved my jaw out to the side as far as it can go and i popped it on purpose when i moved the jaw to back. What could it be doubt fracture that would be very painfull. Inflamation? There feels like a bulge..