Author Topic: Lefort I +BSSO with CCW rotation. No sliding genio. (Pics)  (Read 3083 times)

Picollo30

Lefort I +BSSO with CCW rotation. No sliding genio. (Pics)
« on: February 08, 2019, 06:36:16 PM »

Had the above procedure done in 2016.

My question is due to my weak chin and prominent nose am i a good candidate for a sliding genio? Would it improve my profile? Beard covers a lot i know but i think some chin recession is still visible.

I'm confused because i don't know if it's my nose that's too big for my face or if the chin coming forward will balance my features more.

Also sliding genio or implant? i have also sleep apnea would a chin advancement improve that?

thanks

Pictures Before / After

https://i.imgur.com/BgoASX4.png
https://i.imgur.com/xumjZaA.png

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Lefort I +BSSO with CCW rotation. No sliding genio. (Pics)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 07:41:05 PM »
so you're actually perfectly balanced.

you had a great outcome and you look awesome in the after, got a jason statham vibe going.

To be honest your profile is fine, but just my taste I think a genioplasty would look great on you. All pretty boys have somewhat of a more prominent chin, nothing to crazy but i think a movement of like 6mm-8mm would be fantastic. Go to someone who understands the aesthetics.

From the front you're perfect.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 07:41:32 PM »
by the way, do you know what movements you got?

Picollo30

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 09:23:38 PM »
by the way, do you know what movements you got?

BSSO advancement with counter clockwise rotation was 7 mm . i dont know how much the maxilla was advanced to be honest), but i had little gummy smile, so i bet it wasnt much, i also asked the ps to not give me an ape look which is what occurs when there's too much advancement forward.

Btw the clicks i had in my mandibular condyles are still there.

Lazlo who do you recommend for sliding genio? will my chin look pointy / narrow afterwards or normal?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 09:48:10 PM by Picollo30 »

Tezcatli

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 09:18:42 AM »
BSSO advancement with counter clockwise rotation was 7 mm . i dont know how much the maxilla was advanced to be honest), but i had little gummy smile, so i bet it wasnt much, i also asked the ps to not give me an ape look which is what occurs when there's too much advancement forward.

Lazlo who do you recommend for sliding genio? will my chin look pointy / narrow afterwards or normal?
You can ask your surgeon to keep your chin wide, basically he will cut it more posteriorly(more in the back). Btw, your front pic looks great, reminds a bit of Jason Statham for sure.
Don't be timid with the genio, I've seen great results with genios up to 13mm. A forward chin rarely looks bad on a man.

beautyislife

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 10:01:34 AM »
Did your eye area change much? It looks like you had a noticeable negative tilt in the before pic, but now I can't tell from the after pic, however, maybe the smile is impacting that.

ODog

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 01:26:46 PM »
I think you got a great result bro, but believe me I know how much a thick beard changes not just my profile, but my entire look as well. I had a beard when I had my first consult with my surgeon and he said my profile was fine. When I went Next time clean shaven, the problem was more apparent and he offered a bsso.

So... if you want true accurate advice on here as to whether you need a genio, post a pic clean shaven. Beards are makeup for men.

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 01:38:21 PM »
I agree with Lazlo, but ODog makes a good point. You need to post a beardless pic for accurate advice.

A genioplasty is preferable to an implant.  Fewer complications and better long-term stability.

The changes to your nose were actually a huge part of your aesthetic improvement.  It appears much more masculine now.

Did you also get an otoplasty? Your ears look better in the after.  Could be the angle/beard though.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 05:34:39 PM »

I mean I think almost any good max fac can do a genioplasty. But if you want to be extra careful go for someone well known in your area. Depends on where you live.

ben from UK

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2019, 05:42:09 PM »
Profile is overrated. Only the front counts, unless you have extremely retruded chin. Your chin looks prominent from the front. If I were you, I would take HT for your hair.

Also, it seems you have done something to eyes + nose. Your nose looks better than before. There is a bit of a slope from profile (at least it seems like that on this pic). If you Photoshop it into a straight nose, you'll see the chin is actually not that weak. Also, like I said, the chin looks prominent from the front (on this pic). You want to lengthen the chin from profile, but how is that going to look from the front? Even more prominent and maybe overdone/too long?

I only base my opinion on these two pics: i would take fillers to make the nose straight from profile (the nose looks ok from the front, but this will probably make the chin look a bit stronger from profile) and if possible a HT.

Could be with other pics I'll have to come to another conclusion, but maybe not. I think doing a tricky and unpredictable procedure like genio, just for a couple of millimeters of profile (which isn't very important aestethically), would be too much risk, considering the fact you could overdo the front. Pics aren't very clear though. You need to post a non-smiling pic with better lightning.

You pinned your ears back too, right? And you whitened your teeth? Good job man, you look much better and happier (I think). PS can be addictive, even or especially when you had good results, you always need to watch out and not go overboard. You came from far. Enjoy what you have created and maybe go for less risky procedures like HT and fillers.

I straightened your nose a bit on the nosebridge and added some hair. How much is the chin from profile a problem now? I don't think it's a big problem, it looks okay on the Photoshop. Yes, you can always make it better, but it could be a trade off if you mess with facial harmony from the front.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 06:35:52 PM by ben from UK »

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2019, 07:11:22 AM »
Profile is overrated. Only the front counts, unless you have extremely retruded chin. Your chin looks prominent from the front. If I were you, I would take HT for your hair.

Also, it seems you have done something to eyes + nose. Your nose looks better than before. There is a bit of a slope from profile (at least it seems like that on this pic). If you Photoshop it into a straight nose, you'll see the chin is actually not that weak. Also, like I said, the chin looks prominent from the front (on this pic). You want to lengthen the chin from profile, but how is that going to look from the front? Even more prominent and maybe overdone/too long?

I only base my opinion on these two pics: i would take fillers to make the nose straight from profile (the nose looks ok from the front, but this will probably make the chin look a bit stronger from profile) and if possible a HT.

Could be with other pics I'll have to come to another conclusion, but maybe not. I think doing a tricky and unpredictable procedure like genio, just for a couple of millimeters of profile (which isn't very important aestethically), would be too much risk, considering the fact you could overdo the front. Pics aren't very clear though. You need to post a non-smiling pic with better lightning.

You pinned your ears back too, right? And you whitened your teeth? Good job man, you look much better and happier (I think). PS can be addictive, even or especially when you had good results, you always need to watch out and not go overboard. You came from far. Enjoy what you have created and maybe go for less risky procedures like HT and fillers.

I straightened your nose a bit on the nosebridge and added some hair. How much is the chin from profile a problem now? I don't think it's a big problem, it looks okay on the Photoshop. Yes, you can always make it better, but it could be a trade off if you mess with facial harmony from the front.

Is it a general rule that a 'straight' nose will generate a stronger chin profile?  My nose is also 'sloped' now.

ben from UK

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2019, 02:51:05 PM »
Is it a general rule that a 'straight' nose will generate a stronger chin profile?  My nose is also 'sloped' now.

In most of the cases, I think so. A sloped nose creates the illusion of lack of forward growth of the midface from profile, as you can see in the pics. Straightening the nose brings back the 'image' of forward growth of the midface, which takes off the focus of a (slightly) retruded chin. In other words, the slightly retruded chin becomes less important. Everything works together in the face. When one part lacks harmony, it can accentuate other flaws. The morph I made proves this point. I mean, the chin from profile is still a bit retruded, but it doesn't draw so much focus anymore, cause facial harmony is pretty much back. You probably can do the inverse with a profile pic from Cristiano Ronaldo for example. You can morph his nose into a sloped one, and then suddenly, his retruded chin will become a bit of a problem, while for now, nobody really cares.

Now, OP can spend alot of money on a risky procedure like genioplasty, to improve his chin from profile, but the question is: will the harmony from the front remain or will it make his chin longer and pointier, disturbing the facial harmony from the front? It's all about millimeters or half a millimeter when your face is already 'in harmony' from the front. One millimeter less or more can fck up proportions and harmony, or look unnatural, when you don't have a very obvious recession or flaw.

His whole profile becomes a problem now:
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 03:04:13 PM by ben from UK »

ODog

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2019, 03:39:35 PM »
Ha that’s interesting ^. Probably has something to do with female typical noses being more concave, and male typical noses being more straight/ convexed, so the masculine nose distracts from the retruded chin.

No one bad feature will destroy you if the overall harmony of the face says “masculine”.

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2019, 03:46:58 PM »
In most of the cases, I think so. A sloped nose creates the illusion of lack of forward growth of the midface from profile, as you can see in the pics. Straightening the nose brings back the 'image' of forward growth of the midface, which takes off the focus of a (slightly) retruded chin. In other words, the slightly retruded chin becomes less important. Everything works together in the face. When one part lacks harmony, it can accentuate other flaws. The morph I made proves this point. I mean, the chin from profile is still a bit retruded, but it doesn't draw so much focus anymore, cause facial harmony is pretty much back. You probably can do the inverse with a profile pic from Cristiano Ronaldo for example. You can morph his nose into a sloped one, and then suddenly, his retruded chin will become a bit of a problem, while for now, nobody really cares.

Now, OP can spend alot of money on a risky procedure like genioplasty, to improve his chin from profile, but the question is: will the harmony from the front remain or will it make his chin longer and pointier, disturbing the facial harmony from the front? It's all about millimeters or half a millimeter when your face is already 'in harmony' from the front. One millimeter less or more can fck up proportions and harmony, or look unnatural, when you don't have a very obvious recession or flaw.

His whole profile becomes a problem now:

Fascinating, I never considered this. So damn much to weigh at once lol.

valhalar

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2019, 04:14:18 AM »
Absolutely can confirm theories about a straight nose hiding a weak chin. I had rhinoplasty and the surgeon overscooped the bridge and overprotected the tip, resulting in a concave appearance. This was even just having perhaps the bridge 0.5 - 1mm too low and the results are drastic in a negative way.

Lucky he can see his mistake and will be able to graft my bridge back to a masculine appearance. The tip defining was actually successful so I would say that male nose jobs are a bad idea unless you can keep/build a strong bridge and find a surgeon who does good tip work. My surgeon did good tip work but did not consider how shaving my bump would look in reality. Morphs are not 100% accurate. I seriously notice my chin weakness from the side now thanks to this nose job.