Author Topic: How do I fix my jawless face?(pics and x-ray included)  (Read 1365 times)

JawlessFace

How do I fix my jawless face?(pics and x-ray included)
« on: May 18, 2019, 04:40:27 PM »
Before I start I want to apologize for my poor English since i'm not a native speaker.

I've decided to register here because I've been concerned for a long time about my lack of jaw. I still haven't seen a maxillofacial surgeon but I plan to book a consultation and I wanted to know some opinions and clear my mind about what I should ask him. I want to say that the reason I might get surgeries is 100% for aesthetic reasons.

About my bite I have a class III malocclusion with posterior open bite.

Photo of my teeth: https://imgur.com/Ask2czT

As you can see my palate is high arched, so to correct the bite I guess I would need sarpe and lefort 1 to expand and advance the maxilla.

Photo of my profile: https://imgur.com/SOPWYy1     https://imgur.com/ZTH9EzZ

Front view: https://imgur.com/S9C8vbq

X ray(sorry for the poor quality): https://imgur.com/7PR9Tlp  https://imgur.com/lPHeVNu

As you can see my jaw is really small and short and my face very narrow.

So I wanted to ask a couple of questions:

1)Based on the x ray could someone tell me if both my maxilla and jaw are retruded? I know that the maxilla is retruded in relation to the jaw because of the class III but I don't know if even the jaw is retruded.

2)What could be the solutions to fix my extremely small jaw? My expectations are realistic, I don't want to look like a male model, just an average looking guy.

Thanks.

ODog

Re: How do I fix my jawless face?(pics and x-ray included)
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 04:54:36 PM »
What do you mean your extremely small jaw?  I’m not understanding what you’re perceiving as small. Do you mean the vertical height of your upper jaw? You’ll have to show a pic of you smiling. How’s your tooth show?

Your lower jaw is horizontally normal; your chin to neck length is very good. you can’t make it longer at the back (ramus) because your mandible plane is flat, so a chin wing could drop the entire border down but your lower third is long at the front (I didn’t measure facial thirds, just eyeballing it).

Also your face isn’t narrow at the front I think your chin fold could be reduced.

I think jaw surgery would basically mostly involve upper jaw work. I mean you could advance both jaws forward I guess, but your lower third will get longer if you do that. It’s a trade off. I’m not sure sure.

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 05:02:44 PM »
If you have a class III anterior open bite, I think that the more you learn about this, the more you will shift from only doing this for aesthetic reasons. However, aesthetics and function often go hand in hand.

The ceph is way to blurry to look at. For aesthetic concerns I always think it's best if you mark on the pictures what you see and are unhappy with. I don't think you seem to have a lack of jaw line e.g, but of course, advancement always give more support if that's what you're after.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 05:26:57 PM »
That is a terrible x-ray and not much can be deducted from it.

You're upper arch is extremely narrow. My hunch is it needs to be widened surgically via a 3 piece lefort.
Other than that it's hard to say much. In the front photo you look Class III. In the side photos you look Class I or II.
You need better records. Also, you're running Windows XP? That's going to have a lot of security issues.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

JawlessFace

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2019, 05:39:11 PM »
What do you mean your extremely small jaw?  I’m not understanding what you’re perceiving as small. Do you mean the vertical height of your upper jaw? You’ll have to show a pic of you smiling. How’s your tooth show?

Your lower jaw is horizontally normal; your chin to neck length is very good. you can’t make it longer at the back (ramus) because your mandible plane is flat, so a chin wing could drop the entire border down but your lower third is long at the front (I didn’t measure facial thirds, just eyeballing it).

Also your face isn’t narrow at the front I think your chin fold could be reduced.

I think jaw surgery would basically mostly involve upper jaw work. I mean you could advance both jaws forward I guess, but your lower third will get longer if you do that. It’s a trade off. I’m not sure sure.

Pic of me smailing: http://imgur.com/a/nKC9oen

What I perceive as small are two things:

1) The fact that my jaw isn't long at the back as you said, it's basically a straight line from ear to chin;

2)The "lack of bone". For example look at this guy: https://www.google.com/search?q=mandible+man&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjsiLn-qqbiAhWIqaQKHRxMBE4Q_AUIDigB&biw=1920&bih=937#imgrc=iyObBboNhKcvjM:

He doesn't have a long ramus, but I feel that his jaw is much stronger than mine, he has more "bone" while my face is completely flat.

If you like I could send you a PM with some photos from my facebook where I am with other people to make you understand better what I mean.

JawlessFace

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2019, 05:40:31 PM »
If you have a class III anterior open bite, I think that the more you learn about this, the more you will shift from only doing this for aesthetic reasons. However, aesthetics and function often go hand in hand.

The ceph is way to blurry to look at. For aesthetic concerns I always think it's best if you mark on the pictures what you see and are unhappy with. I don't think you seem to have a lack of jaw line e.g, but of course, advancement always give more support if that's what you're after.

I have a class III posterior open bite.

JawlessFace

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2019, 05:41:26 PM »
That is a terrible x-ray and not much can be deducted from it.

You're upper arch is extremely narrow. My hunch is it needs to be widened surgically via a 3 piece lefort.
Other than that it's hard to say much. In the front photo you look Class III. In the side photos you look Class I or II.
You need better records. Also, you're running Windows XP? That's going to have a lot of security issues.

I have windows 7.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2019, 05:57:53 PM »
I have a class III posterior open bite.

If that's the case, the solution should be to move the lower jaw back and down (to close the posterior open bite) and the upper jaw forward (to correct the class III). Since the upper jaw is narrow likely a 3 piece lefort as well.

Have you seen a surgeon? What did they say?

JawlessFace

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2019, 06:08:07 PM »
If that's the case, the solution should be to move the lower jaw back and down (to close the posterior open bite) and the upper jaw forward (to correct the class III). Since the upper jaw is narrow likely a 3 piece lefort as well.

Have you seen a surgeon? What did they say?

No I haven't.

I want to add that even the lower jaw palate is high arched. Will they expand it aswell?

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2019, 06:10:21 PM »
No I haven't.

I want to add that even the lower jaw palate is high arched. Will they expand it aswell?

Unfortunately, they likely won't widen the lower arch.
The upper would be widened so it fits over the lower.

I disagree that your jaw is small, by the way. It's narrow but actually on the larger side. Maybe you meant narrow.

ODog

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2019, 06:21:52 PM »
Pic of me smailing: http://imgur.com/a/nKC9oen

What I perceive as small are two things:

1) The fact that my jaw isn't long at the back as you said, it's basically a straight line from ear to chin;

2)The "lack of bone". For example look at this guy: https://www.google.com/search?q=mandible+man&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjsiLn-qqbiAhWIqaQKHRxMBE4Q_AUIDigB&biw=1920&bih=937#imgrc=iyObBboNhKcvjM:

He doesn't have a long ramus, but I feel that his jaw is much stronger than mine, he has more "bone" while my face is completely flat.

If you like I could send you a PM with some photos from my facebook where I am with other people to make you understand better what I mean.

Oh you want more bone density; jaw implants will take care of that, but you don’t need forward advancement. Upper jaw surgery for sure, everything GJ said regarding that.

Other than that, what’s your BF %? Not that you look overweight, but getting really lean will give you a better jawline and/or lipo.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2019, 06:27:53 PM »
You should put ALL your photos on the SAME imgur link. I don't bother looking too much when i've gotta open too many tabs just to look at someone's photos when they can just put all of them on ONE link. Your side X ray (ceph) is TOO poor a quality to see, we don't need the front x ray and one simply does NOT take photos of one's cephs. The digital file of it is needed.

You're right that your palate is narrow and high.

All I can say at this point is you are candidate for the maxfax surgery. It's not a thing where you have to know ahead of time what movements to request the surgeon for. Consult with one and report back and be sure to get a DIGITAL CEPH profile if you want to show people here.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

JawlessFace

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2019, 06:37:17 PM »
Oh you want more bone density; jaw implants will take care of that, but you don’t need forward advancement. Upper jaw surgery for sure, everything GJ said regarding that.

Other than that, what’s your BF %? Not that you look overweight, but getting really lean will give you a better jawline and/or lipo.

I don't know exactly but it's quite high.

Anyway yes, what I meant was bone density since my biggest concern is that my face is very flat.

JawlessFace

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2019, 06:40:36 PM »
You should put ALL your photos on the SAME imgur link. I don't bother looking too much when i've gotta open too many tabs just to look at someone's photos when they can just put all of them on ONE link. Your side X ray (ceph) is TOO poor a quality to see, we don't need the front x ray and one simply does NOT take photos of one's cephs. The digital file of it is needed.

You're right that your palate is narrow and high.

All I can say at this point is you are candidate for the maxfax surgery. It's not a thing where you have to know ahead of time what movements to request the surgeon for. Consult with one and report back and be sure to get a DIGITAL CEPH profile if you want to show people here.

Ok, I'll soon get a consultation with Raffaini and I'll let you know.