Author Topic: Emotional/sad/ do we all have bdd?  (Read 13075 times)

april

• Private
Re: Emotional/sad/ do we all have bdd?
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2019, 02:36:15 PM »
These incels could drastically increase their attractiveness by not being a bunch of whiny entitled misogynists. They seem to be full of so much anger and have HATRED for women. I was disgusted and quite frankly frightened reading some of the quotes and thoughts in that article.

I thought the guys in their before photos looked better compared to those morphs.Then I realized what thoughts must be in their heads and it turned me right off.

jusken

• Private
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2019, 03:29:02 PM »
These incels could drastically increase their attractiveness by not being a bunch of whiny entitled misogynists. They seem to be full of so much anger and have HATRED for women. I was disgusted and quite frankly frightened reading some of the quotes and thoughts in that article.

I thought the guys in their before photos looked better compared to those morphs.Then I realized what thoughts must be in their heads and it turned me right off.

I find even the mere publication of this article problematic - it's like writing a piece on flatearthers (and putting it on the front page even).  This almost feels like a hit piece, that is inadvertently giving them more attention than they deserve.  Is it trying to scare people? Create an enemy? Or worse, create a broad stereotype?

The global issue here is mental health, of which seems originating from the modern culture of social media.  This is what the talking points should be around, not some small group of radical people.  Just based on what reddit feeds me, suicide rates are up (especially in girls 10-14), virginity rates of late teens/20s and mental health are rising (though with mental health, perhaps part of this is that people seek help more now).  Increased social isolation creates people who are less able to identify with others and exacerbates all of these issues.

This article is just trying to stir up disgust.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2019, 05:18:42 PM »
For all we know, Eppley could have had a publicist get in touch with the rag mag as it looks like a puff piece for him or at least give him more exposure.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2019, 05:38:39 PM »
For all we know, Eppley could have had a publicist get in touch with the rag mag as it looks like a puff piece for him or at least give him more exposure.

Good point.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2019, 05:39:50 PM »
Sounds like self-loathing/hatred and letting society (which is extremely insecure, as a whole) dictate worth.
Anyone making fun of another person has zero self-worth and they're resolving that dissonance by taking it out on another person. And/or they are secretely insecure about that person. The sooner you realize that the sooner you can move above those people, who make up the majority. People fail by expecting validation from external sources.

Eppely cashing in on insecurity is an unfortunate byproduct. The guy should only be fixing true congenital deformities.

Eppley trawls for patients by reading those types of forums, noting what they are asking questions about and then puts that in his blog so when they search for stuff that indicates male model, they find him. His blog is basically the net he catches them with.

jusken

• Private
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2019, 06:04:46 PM »
Eppley trawls for patients by reading those types of forums, noting what they are asking questions about and then puts that in his blog so when they search for stuff that indicates male model, they find him. His blog is basically the net he catches them with.

That's disturbing...

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2019, 07:18:46 PM »

I didn't know he was that shady, though I do see his name so often I was skeptical of him. I thought he was just cashing in on desperation.

That seems legal but unethical.

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2019, 03:32:10 PM »
This is probably true.  Before surgery, I thought my face was basically 'normal', and that JS could correct my functional issues and even have a chance to make me look better.  Now I have insecurities about my face because I feel I look a bit 'abnormal', even if some say it was an improvement overall.  I could have gone my whole life without knowing the significance of a nasolabial angle or what the f**k an anterior nasal spine is.  But here I am.  On the one hand, I'm glad I know a lot more so I can make more informed decisions about these things going forward.  On the other, it's in my head now.

For some people it may be better to not know and live in ignorance. For me not knowing and understanding gives a sense of being out of control that I can't stand. In this journey I've had a lot of people who have tried to cheer me up and tell me that they absolutely can't see what I'm talking about, which literally drives me crazy. The biggest problem for me have not been the actual objective problems, those can be analyzed and dealt with appropriately and it can be discussed what the best solution is. But getting ambigious opinions, some people don't see the problem, some people say some solution is impossible, while others say it 's possible etc, that's the real mind f**k.

In my first therapy session, my therapist said something like "you know what, I think you look like Brad pitt", and I didn't know what to respond to such ridiculous comment on such serious topic. Brad Pitt looks like Brad Pitt and I look like my self. I'm not there to discuss if Brad Pitt needs same surgery as me, and I'm sure he have his own therapist who can deal with his issues.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2019, 03:57:55 PM »
In my first therapy session, my therapist said something like "you know what, I think you look like Brad pitt", and I didn't know what to respond to such ridiculous comment on such serious topic.

If said therapist was a female, you should have jumped her bones. That's how to respond.
If a male, never go back.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2019, 05:31:41 PM »
I didn't know he was that shady, though I do see his name so often I was skeptical of him. I thought he was just cashing in on desperation.

That seems legal but unethical.

He cashes in on weird requests and will get a publicity slot for such. For example, he was on some program, maybe 'The Doctors' (not sure which TV program) where there was this woman who wanted the tips of her ribs removed for a highly ARTIFICIAL 'wasp' waist. She was one of those patients who wanted to look unnatural. He removed multiple rib sections and gave her a weird wasp waist which is what she wanted. It was something other doctors would not do. Likewise with the hyped up face implants for the MM wanna bees. They don't end up looking like MMs (with MMs it's ALL in the EYES and a PS can't reproduce that) though.

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2019, 11:49:44 PM »
For example, he was on some program, maybe 'The Doctors' (not sure which TV program) where there was this woman who wanted the tips of her ribs removed for a highly ARTIFICIAL 'wasp' waist. She was one of those patients who wanted to look unnatural. He removed multiple rib sections and gave her a weird wasp waist which is what she wanted.

Is it this one?
https://images.app.goo.gl/oR6c2PeGaidDvMQHA

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2019, 11:56:00 PM »
Is it this one?
https://images.app.goo.gl/oR6c2PeGaidDvMQHA

Yes. That is she. Eppley removed rib sections for her wasp waist.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2019, 12:14:30 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=31&v=dNnCaXUJ7RQ   
I saw it on the 'Doctors' show.

cambree

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2019, 12:50:14 AM »
But there is indeed real demand for these tiny waists you can snap with a finger
In fact I think he has cultivated so much of a reputation for doing this (rib removal to bring in the waist ), I am not sure how much of this is organic demand and how much of this has directly arisen from the fact that such a procedure is now available (that a week ago you didn't even know you needed )

He  :)cashes in on weird requests and will get a publicity slot for such. For example, he was on some program, maybe 'The Doctors' (not sure which TV program) where there was this woman who wanted the tips of her ribs removed for a highly ARTIFICIAL 'wasp' waist. She was one of those patients who wanted to look unnatural. He removed multiple rib sections and gave her a weird wasp waist which is what she wanted. It was something other doctors would not do. Likewise with the hyped up face implants for the MM wanna bees. They don't end up looking like MMs (with MMs it's ALL in the EYES and a PS can't reproduce that) though.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2019, 12:59:11 AM »
He didn't invent it. It's been around for a long time.