Author Topic: Inferior Alveolar Nerve Repositioning  (Read 764 times)

neon_runner

Inferior Alveolar Nerve Repositioning
« on: June 30, 2019, 08:10:28 PM »
Hi! I'm new here. I had a a t-osteotomy last May to reduce my chin height and shave my jaw line, in addition to other facial surgeries. Unfortunately, my inferior alveolar nerve ran really low and there wasn't much of a change to my jaw line, which makes my face look super long. I'm probably going to have a consultation for a LeFort 1 soon but I think I'll still need more work done to shave my jaw line to get rid of the U shape and reduce the vertical distance from my eyes to my mid jaw.

My question is: Does any surgeon perform inferior alveolar nerve repositioning for cosmetic surgery? I know this is a thing in dentistry for implants, where they create a new 'tunnel' for the nerve and move it to a new location. I'm not sure if it's possible to move it in the other direction, away from the jawline. If there are any other options, I would be happy to hear those as well. I'm willing to be a guinea pig if it's something that hasn't been done before and a good surgeon was willing to try it. I'm exhausting all my options before finding someone who is willing to just cut through the nerve, which is something I'm also willing to do. My lower lip and teeth were numb for quite some time after my jaw surgery last year and it wasn't the worst thing in the world.

Edit: Sorry, just realized this should probably be in the Aesthetics category.

Thanks for any help!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 08:25:25 PM by neon_runner »

DRIVVEN

• Private
Re: Inferior Alveolar Nerve Repositioning
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 07:15:42 PM »
Hi! I'm new here. I had a a t-osteotomy last May to reduce my chin height and shave my jaw line, in addition to other facial surgeries. Unfortunately, my inferior alveolar nerve ran really low and there wasn't much of a change to my jaw line, which makes my face look super long. I'm probably going to have a consultation for a LeFort 1 soon but I think I'll still need more work done to shave my jaw line to get rid of the U shape and reduce the vertical distance from my eyes to my mid jaw.

My question is: Does any surgeon perform inferior alveolar nerve repositioning for cosmetic surgery? I know this is a thing in dentistry for implants, where they create a new 'tunnel' for the nerve and move it to a new location. I'm not sure if it's possible to move it in the other direction, away from the jawline. If there are any other options, I would be happy to hear those as well. I'm willing to be a guinea pig if it's something that hasn't been done before and a good surgeon was willing to try it. I'm exhausting all my options before finding someone who is willing to just cut through the nerve, which is something I'm also willing to do. My lower lip and teeth were numb for quite some time after my jaw surgery last year and it wasn't the worst thing in the world.

Edit: Sorry, just realized this should probably be in the Aesthetics category.

Thanks for any help!

If there is anybody that does this it would be Zuniga out of Dallas.  I saw him in March of this year.https://profiles.utsouthwestern.edu/profile/79099/john-zuniga.html

neon_runner

Re: Inferior Alveolar Nerve Repositioning
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 07:57:28 PM »
Thank you! I'll contact his office.