Author Topic: Trying to reach Zarrinbal in Berlin but it seems impossible  (Read 8440 times)

Kadath

• Private
Trying to reach Zarrinbal in Berlin but it seems impossible
« on: August 26, 2019, 11:56:08 AM »
I'm based in California and have emailed a few times in the last three weeks. I've even stayed up late so that I could call his office during their normal business hours. The admin staff doesn't seem very helpful aside for the fact that they say "he will review your email".
Does anyone have any tips on scheduling a phone or video consult and then making plans to get the treatment plan going? I'll probably need braces as well so I want to factor in ways that my braces can align with the goal of double jaw surgery.

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Trying to reach Zarrinbal in Berlin but it seems impossible
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 01:40:43 PM »
You would have to establish whether or not he does phone or video consults.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Kadath

• Private
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 04:42:16 PM »
His name has been mentioned here quite a bit; I'm hoping someone can chime in and let me know. If it comes to seeing him in-person then that's what I would consider.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 05:32:51 PM »
He posts here under the username "Skull", though I might have banned him.
He's emailed me, so I can look through those if you can't find him via "skull".
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Kadath

• Private
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 06:05:22 PM »
do you mind doing that? i'd appreciate it.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 06:39:03 PM »
do you mind doing that? i'd appreciate it.

I just sent it to you via PM.

Lefortitude

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 07:13:14 PM »
Hey, im based in north america as well, and i had an in person consult with Z a few years back, maybe 2017 or 2016

I called during operating hours and asked if the receptionist spoke english (to which she replied "a little") so i asked for a consultation regarding a chin wing and she asked me to call back in an hour or two, so i did, and again went through the same routine.  This time she put me on hold.

A few mins went by and z answered the phone himself.  I booked a consult for a chin wing promptly.

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2019, 10:21:57 PM »
He posts here under the username "Skull", though I might have banned him.
He's emailed me, so I can look through those if you can't find him via "skull".

Why was he banned? Seems like a good resource on the forum.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2019, 02:37:13 AM »
Why was he banned? Seems like a good resource on the forum.

He was suspicious with the whole SJ thing around that time.
That was 2017. I just unbanned him.

Kadath

• Private
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2019, 10:41:11 AM »
Hey, im based in north america as well, and i had an in person consult with Z a few years back, maybe 2017 or 2016

I called during operating hours and asked if the receptionist spoke english (to which she replied "a little") so i asked for a consultation regarding a chin wing and she asked me to call back in an hour or two, so i did, and again went through the same routine.  This time she put me on hold.

A few mins went by and z answered the phone himself.  I booked a consult for a chin wing promptly.

Did you not ask for a phone consult first? I'm happy to go in-person but of course talking on the phone first would make me more comfortable. and if you don't mind me asking - why did you not pursue surgery with Z (if you didn't)

Lefortitude

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2019, 03:48:49 PM »
Did you not ask for a phone consult first? I'm happy to go in-person but of course talking on the phone first would make me more comfortable. and if you don't mind me asking - why did you not pursue surgery with Z (if you didn't)

This was a while ago so I dont remember exactly, but i dont believe he did long distance consults at the time.  When I arrived at his office I understood why.  Hes pretty thorough, he does a lot of aesthetic examination of your face, and inside your mouth etc.  from a number of different perspectives.  He also seemed very competent, technical, approachable, etc.  Basically I would have been pretty comfortable having surgery with him.

I decided against masking my bimax recession with a chin wing (my initial goal) because when I (and Dr. B's team) photoshopped a chin wing result on me it looked goofy.  Something about it threw the harmony between the jaws off. Im recessed, but proportionally so.  Aside from that, IF i had chosen to have a CW i would have 100% have gone to Z.

IconVillage

• Private
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2019, 06:15:39 PM »
Also tried to reach him through email a few weeks ago with no reply. Any ideas what to do next? Call? Anyone have his secretary's email.

Kadath

• Private
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2019, 09:28:36 PM »
This was a while ago so I dont remember exactly, but i dont believe he did long distance consults at the time.  When I arrived at his office I understood why.  Hes pretty thorough, he does a lot of aesthetic examination of your face, and inside your mouth etc.  from a number of different perspectives.  He also seemed very competent, technical, approachable, etc.  Basically I would have been pretty comfortable having surgery with him.

I decided against masking my bimax recession with a chin wing (my initial goal) because when I (and Dr. B's team) photoshopped a chin wing result on me it looked goofy.  Something about it threw the harmony between the jaws off. Im recessed, but proportionally so.  Aside from that, IF i had chosen to have a CW i would have 100% have gone to Z.

Who is Dr. B? And thanks for your impressions - sounds like someone I'd like to meet and discuss. Someone pm'ed me and recommended at least getting a consult from Gunson (since he's also in So Cal) just to get a good perspective on things before deciding on who to do my surgeon.

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2019, 07:44:27 AM »
He was suspicious with the whole SJ thing around that time.
That was 2017. I just unbanned him.

SJ thing?
Excuse my curiosity.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2019, 08:20:39 AM »
SJ thing?
Excuse my curiosity.

Yes, he scammed people. Entire thread about it: http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php/topic,6942.0.html