Author Topic: Trying to reach Zarrinbal in Berlin but it seems impossible  (Read 8441 times)

InvisalignOnly

Re: Trying to reach Zarrinbal in Berlin but it seems impossible
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2019, 02:30:05 PM »
I e-mailed his office last week with some x-rays and photos of myself and he replied to me directly within a couple of days saying he could help me with the surgery I am looking for, but I would need to attend a consultation in person in Berlin. He also gave me a list of things / documents I would need to bring with me and said I would need to get a scan done (cone beam CT) at his office before the consultation (the cost of that would be EUR 250 in addition to the fee for the consultation).

some1afterall

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2019, 03:20:49 PM »
I'm very interested in hearing more about experiences Dr Zarrinbal. Which email did you use? I presume he's fluent in English.

InvisalignOnly

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2019, 10:27:31 PM »
I'm very interested in hearing more about experiences Dr Zarrinbal. Which email did you use? I presume he's fluent in English.

I used the e-mail address published on his official website, I guess I can send it to you in a PM if it's not against forum rules? I am new to this forum and don't know what the rules are. Whoever wrote the reply to me is fluent in English - it was signed by him so I assume it's him. I decided not to pursue it mainly because I do not have time to travel to Germany right now and I figured out I will not need anything special to be done to my chin area so for me it would not make sense to spend loads of extra money and time on being treated by him.

InvisalignOnly

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2019, 10:52:52 PM »
By the way, I guess it's not Dr Z's fault but while doing research on him, I realised he is currently (one of) the most popular surgeons for 'incels' trying to get surgery to make them more masculine and attractive to women. Basically these are 'normal' / standard looking guys with a normal bite that are convinced that if they had a more masculin looking chin / jaw area they would be more popular with women and this would somehow solve all their problems in life.

I came across posts from these 'incels' saying Zarrinbal was one of the few surgeons willing to do jaw surgery on 'normal' looking people to give them the look they supposedly want. This puts me off for two reasons: firstly I am a woman and one of my biggest fears about this surgery is that I might end up looking more masculine which is the very last thing I want, therefore he might not be the best choice for me if he pretty much specializes in the masculine look. Secondly, I feel uncomfortable about a surgeon willing to do such serious and risky surgery on someone that really does not 'need' it from the objective viewpoint, and obviously has a lot of insecurity and psychological issues.

This is just my take on it based on information I gathered, but of course I might be complitely wrong and he might be an excellent surgeon with strong ethics, I have no way of knowing.

some1afterall

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2019, 11:34:50 PM »
Thank you for sharing your experience and research. I have to say I feel turned off by those findings as well. I’ve consulted with surgeons that do FFS which I guess is kind of the same thing in a different light.

april

• Private
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2019, 12:02:17 AM »
What's FFS?

beautyislife

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2019, 03:29:26 AM »
I had a consultation with him in person. I did not choose him, but I think he has a good viewpoint/eye for aesthetics. The results I saw in his office (both men and women) looked pretty good. I think I will try and see him for a rhinoplasty once I do have jaw surgery done though.

Lefortitude

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2019, 05:55:15 AM »
What's FFS?

Facial Feminization surgery, common in Male to Female trans patients.

deanm286

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2019, 02:26:14 AM »
Who did you choose for jaw surgery beautyislife?

Kadath

• Private
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2019, 11:59:12 AM »
By the way,
This is just my take on it based on information I gathered, but of course I might be complitely wrong and he might be an excellent surgeon with strong ethics, I have no way of knowing.

I'd be careful besmirching a respected surgeon's reputation like that. I ended up speaking to him briefly over the phone and he seems like a very genuine guy. He noted my concerns of wanting both functional (recessed maxilla due to having worn a headgear when i was a teen) as well as aesthetic improvements. Didn't seem like he was upselling or willing to work on someone with body dysmorphia. Anyway I see him in a few weeks as I'm flying for the consult in-person. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2019, 01:22:47 PM »
I'd be careful besmirching a respected surgeon's reputation like that. I ended up speaking to him briefly over the phone and he seems like a very genuine guy. He noted my concerns of wanting both functional (recessed maxilla due to having worn a headgear when i was a teen) as well as aesthetic improvements. Didn't seem like he was upselling or willing to work on someone with body dysmorphia. Anyway I see him in a few weeks as I'm flying for the consult in-person. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

There is nothing wrong or 'besmirching' with her giving her take and noting it's her take and she might wrong. She's giving her opinion and with no agenda that you reach the same conclusion.

The FACT that she PREFACED her impression with:

["By the way, This is just my take on it based on information I gathered, but of course I might be complitely wrong and he might be an excellent surgeon with strong ethics, I have no way of knowing."]

suggests she WAS CAREFUL and was not 'besmirching'.

Surgeons-- respected, good rep or not-- on this board are not protected from the honest opinions of others.

Your honest opinion about your interaction is also welcome. However, I do think you could have countered her opinion simply by what you said AFTER the first sentence about 'besmirching' him.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.