Author Topic: Which movements did the surgeon used in this picture ?  (Read 1070 times)

tie

Which movements did the surgeon used in this picture ?
« on: September 24, 2019, 01:41:01 PM »
What is the movement the surgeon did to her jaw ? I feel thats some of the movement i need to achieve more harmonic pleasing result.
In one pictures her jaw proportions are very bad. On the after its very pleasing to the eye.
Thanks

Dogmatix

• Private
Re: Which movements did the surgeon used in this picture ?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 12:44:13 AM »
Hard to say. It goes from a Class III  underbite look, to normal. The upper lip seem to get more support, so probably upper jaw surgery, and it seems like lower jaw was adjusted as well. So probably a BiMax surgery. Just because someone else needed a bimax surgery to harmonize their facial structure, doesn't mean that you need it. It's very individual, sometimes it's an isolated deviation that makes the entire face look out of proportion and you s**t bricks when you see what only a genio or implant can do in some cases.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 11:38:49 AM »
Well, any guess of what she had done would be contingent on observing the changes and relating them to what she MAY have had to start with.

I observe a favorable change to the nose base and the slope of the bridge of the nose where the base is wider and the bridge is straighter.

I observe a favorable change to her lower '1/3rd' where it's no longer looks convex and has swung forward 'up and out' and hence projects shorter.

That said, my guess would be that she may have started with a vertically long and backward maxilla that when reduced and brought forward brought about favorable changes to base of nose, bridge of nose, upper lip projection and support and also assisted in allowing the mandible to rotate in a more favorable position.

There's actually no need to guess 'exactly' what it was against a possible objective you might have to ask a surgeon to do the same thing to you because the correction she had isn't applicable to your case. It's not something where at her AGE, you started with the same CONGENITAL structure arising from bite and jaw to jaw imbalance that the surgery addressed.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

ghiggson90

• Private
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 08:37:26 PM »
What is the movement the surgeon did to her jaw ? I feel thats some of the movement i need to achieve more harmonic pleasing result.
In one pictures her jaw proportions are very bad. On the after its very pleasing to the eye.
Thanks

There is flaring of the alar base and better support of the upper lip, which suggests horizontal advancement of the maxilla, and possible impaction and/or expansion. The mandible appears to have been brought backward, and the chin reduced vertically and advanced.

tie

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 02:45:37 PM »
Thanks all for your replies.
Ive asked because in some ways i feel what she had done - is the movement i always thought should be done in my case. Her jawline got a completely another character.
In the past years i could have done a wierd movement with my chin like taking my chin forward and down and clenching my lips almost flipping my lips ( its hard to describe) and that would have given me something close to the movement i would have wanted.
Nowadays ny face changed so much that even this movement doesnt bring me the "beauty" i want. But seeing this picture it felt to me close to the change i wanted.
She has bow very proportional jaw whether before she didnt have at all.
Thanks for your advices

tie

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 02:47:59 PM »
Thanks

Hard to say. It goes from a Class III  underbite look, to normal. The upper lip seem to get more support, so probably upper jaw surgery, and it seems like lower jaw was adjusted as well. So probably a BiMax surgery. Just because someone else needed a bimax surgery to harmonize their facial structure, doesn't mean that you need it. It's very individual, sometimes it's an isolated deviation that makes the entire face look out of proportion and you s**t bricks when you see what only a genio or implant can do in some cases.

tie

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2019, 03:02:04 AM »
Thanks.
About the chin "reduced verically".
How do you rhink it was reduced ?
I
There is flaring of the alar base and better support of the upper lip, which suggests horizontal advancement of the maxilla, and possible impaction and/or expansion. The mandible appears to have been brought backward, and the chin reduced vertically and advanced.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2019, 10:44:10 AM »
Thanks.
About the chin "reduced verically".
How do you rhink it was reduced ?
I

The correction she had isn't applicable to your case. Having excess bone REMOVED is not applicable to someone who's problem is attributable to bone loss. So, the answers/guesses on here as to what the patient had are not going to be directly applicable to you.

You have BONE LOSS where the teeth (molars) are missing and subsequent loss of soft tissue support due to the bone loss

Your X rays:

https://imgur.com/a/hYfMDxx

Missing teeth:
Left lower 2nd molar
Left upper 2nd molar
Right upper 1rst molar
Right upper 2nd molar
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

tie

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2019, 03:17:27 AM »
Kavan,
Of course - i wouldn't have dared reducing more of my chin that's already have bone loss.
I'm totally aware i need MORE chin - not less.
Just asked out of curiousity.

What WAS revlant a bit to my case is i think the jaw movement she had. Instinticvly - i feel the jaw movement they have done for them - is the jaw movement i have done in front of the mirror when i felt i wanted to bring back some of my old look. I used to like "clench" my chin hard.. which would make him stiffer... longer.. and brough the jaw angle forward thus making a more propotional and pleasing to the eye jaw line and chin than today.. more like the one i had ten years ago.
It's not just moving the jaw forward.. its more activiting the mouth and chin muscle... like when you put a mouth guard in your mouth and it also makes you chew harder thus activiting visible muscles.

The correction she had isn't applicable to your case. Having excess bone REMOVED is not applicable to someone who's problem is attributable to bone loss. So, the answers/guesses on here as to what the patient had are not going to be directly applicable to you.

You have BONE LOSS where the teeth (molars) are missing and subsequent loss of soft tissue support due to the bone loss

Your X rays:

https://imgur.com/a/hYfMDxx

Missing teeth:
Left lower 2nd molar
Left upper 2nd molar
Right upper 1rst molar
Right upper 2nd molar