Author Topic: What can be done to improve? Lots of pics  (Read 1702 times)

pleaseApproveOfMe

What can be done to improve? Lots of pics
« on: October 05, 2019, 11:18:21 AM »
https://imgur.com/a/K2mm282

Was just wondering what you think can be done to enhance my aesthetics. I've provided lots of pictures in different angles and lighting and could provide more on request. I'm not sure if you would need to see X-Ray as well to help me out. I don't have any X-Rays and not sure where I'd go to get them done.

I know for sure that I have a recessed chin, but I also feel that my jaw in general is pretty recessed. You can't see any definition in the jaw area. I also don't have great cheekbones either.

I was wondering if someone can tell me 1) What's 'wrong' with my profile and 2) What can be done to improve. Thanks!

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: What can be done to improve? Lots of pics
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 03:05:05 PM »
Possibly chin augmentation and under the chin lipo if the fat there is superficial.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

ben from UK

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 04:17:03 PM »
Your jaw and chin are recessed imo. You also lack support at the cheekbone area. Your lips aren't the best (and there's a fold there); corners pointing downwards and upper lip seems almost as big as underlip, should be smaller ideally + there's slight asymmetry. But I don't think that will be a big problem if you had better facial structure. A wrap around implant might do the trick or could make you look fake. You just need a good surgeon for that. Other flaws like flat face etc. might be reduced by better jaw + chin due to better harmony.

pleaseApproveOfMe

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 04:42:01 PM »
Possibly chin augmentation and under the chin lipo if the fat there is superficial.

Thanks. I've definitely been wanting to get chin implant/sliding genioplasty. Do you think one would work better than the other for me? Would either of those augmentations eliminate the need of liposuction in that area? There's only a small packet of fat there, and I think it'd make sense that if the area became longer, the fat would 'spread out' if that makes sense.

Does my jaw seem recessed to you? There's so many different surgeries mentioned on here, it's hard to know what's right for me. Do you think I'd need an orthognathic surgery or would a jaw implant suffice?

pleaseApproveOfMe

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2019, 04:50:42 PM »
Your jaw and chin are recessed imo. You also lack support at the cheekbone area. Your lips aren't the best (and there's a fold there); corners pointing downwards and upper lip seems almost as big as underlip, should be smaller ideally + there's slight asymmetry. But I don't think that will be a big problem if you had better facial structure. A wrap around implant might do the trick or could make you look fake. You just need a good surgeon for that. Other flaws like flat face etc. might be reduced by better jaw + chin due to better harmony.

Thanks. I don't care so much about the lips. The jaw and chin are my primary concerns. I also agree with you regarding the cheekbones but unfortunately I've never seen good results from any kind of cheekbone augmentation, so there's nothing really I can do about that. Thankfully, I think they're 'good enough' that with a better jaw and chin, it'll matter less. I just wanna rule out orthognathic surgery like bimax and other surgeries that people mention on here. Do you think that's necessary for my case? Or do you think a sliding genioplasty and jaw implants would be enough to improve the jaw line/chin?

Deluge

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2019, 05:04:13 PM »
IMO the fundamental structure of your face as indicated by your profile and front facing shots seems to be pretty solid. The only feature I would consider for augmentation would be the chin in this case. As has already been suggested, a genioplasty advancement followed by chin lipo would likely give a very nice result. The lipo may not even be necessary depending on the outcome of the initial surgery. I wouldn’t recommend looking further into full on bimax as I don’t see any indication for such a surgery. Although it’s best you talk to a max fax surgeon who has a focus on aesthetics to further guide you down the right path and hopefully reassure you on this.

ben from UK

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2019, 05:30:56 PM »
Thanks. I don't care so much about the lips. The jaw and chin are my primary concerns. I also agree with you regarding the cheekbones but unfortunately I've never seen good results from any kind of cheekbone augmentation, so there's nothing really I can do about that. Thankfully, I think they're 'good enough' that with a better jaw and chin, it'll matter less. I just wanna rule out orthognathic surgery like bimax and other surgeries that people mention on here. Do you think that's necessary for my case? Or do you think a sliding genioplasty and jaw implants would be enough to improve the jaw line/chin?

I'm sorry, I haven't got enough knowledge about that. Maybe you should talk to a couple of surgeons.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2019, 07:22:50 PM »
Thanks. I've definitely been wanting to get chin implant/sliding genioplasty. Do you think one would work better than the other for me? Would either of those augmentations eliminate the need of liposuction in that area? There's only a small packet of fat there, and I think it'd make sense that if the area became longer, the fat would 'spread out' if that makes sense.

Does my jaw seem recessed to you? There's so many different surgeries mentioned on here, it's hard to know what's right for me. Do you think I'd need an orthognathic surgery or would a jaw implant suffice?

I don't think your lower jaw is recessive, reason being is because you have a pretty good lip line up. That is to say your lower lip is NOT noticibly behind your upper lip as is usually the case with recessive jaw.

Your chin is definitely recessive. It is also SHORT. The reason it looks LONG from the front is because the mound of flesh under chin shows as extra length from the front. Sliding genio is not best for short chin because it's combination of advancement and vertical shortening. More like an OBLIQUE genio where they advance in diagonally downward direction. With oblique genio, they need to put a buttress between the cut separating the bone sections. Often a medpore or hydroxyappetite block. Genio might take up SOME slack below chin. But best to consult a plastic surgeon to see if you can get some liposuction if it's superficial fat.

I'm just opining on very obvious things.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

pleaseApproveOfMe

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2020, 07:01:19 PM »
Just went to go see Dr Majid Jamali in NYC today. I liked him a lot! Seemed like a very honest guy. Here is my ceph https://imgur.com/a/Aqontdy

He outlined two plans  for me:

1) Lefort 1  (2mm up - no forward projection) and a  5mm sliding genioplasty. I would need invasalign.

2) Just a 6mm sliding genioplasty

He said the first option would give me the best results, but recommended  the second one since it would solve 60-70% of my issues and is of course cheaper,  faster recovery time, etc.

What are your  thoughts?

I get to see him again for another consultation within the next year, so if you have any questions you think I should ask please post as well!

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2020, 07:27:15 AM »
Go with option 2. You can always try option 1 down the road if needed (doesn't seem to be).
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Dutcherhatcher

• Private
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2020, 10:54:07 AM »
Option 2. I agree with everyone here that Le fort 1 is not needed at all

Kadath

• Private
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2020, 10:11:10 PM »
I agree with everyone as well. Genioplasty would be a big immediate most bang for your buck type of improvement.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2020, 11:22:38 PM »
If your bite is fine, don't mess with it.