Author Topic: Rate my Custom jawline implant by maxillofacial surgeon  (Read 19914 times)

ben from UK

Re: Rate my Custom jawline implant by maxillofacial surgeon
« Reply #210 on: November 16, 2019, 07:31:58 PM »
You're going to look fake if you're going to do more. I somehow got this feeling OP is going to make mistakes and will never be completely satisfied.

Kadath

• Private
« Reply #211 on: November 17, 2019, 05:23:29 PM »
3 months post

still looks a bit swollen where your jawline is but otherwise amazing

Vincent999

« Reply #212 on: November 18, 2019, 05:33:06 AM »
can you post the implant design? cost?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 04:23:06 AM by Vincent999 »

Vincent999

« Reply #213 on: November 18, 2019, 05:35:59 AM »
Since everyone and their dog are in this thread - how long post bimax should one wait until getting a wrap around implant?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 04:23:14 AM by Vincent999 »

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #214 on: November 18, 2019, 06:42:11 AM »
Since everyone and their dog is in this thread - how long post bimax should one wait until getting a wrap around implant?

Probably 1 year minimum to confirm stability and be sure swelling is gone entirely.

Mephala’s Razor

« Reply #215 on: November 28, 2019, 01:49:42 AM »
Agreed with Plosko, buccal fat removal is a terrible idea. I had it and I know so many doctors who won't perform it and patients who regret it. Instead of that sunken cheek model look you're looking for you'll have dents in your face which will look like you've been injured.

Anyway, I think you're playing with fire. Your jaw implants look good. I would leave it at that and maybe just get a bit of filler for cheekbones/eye area.

Can you PM me your buccal fat removal results? I am actually considering getting this myself after I saw someone on another forum with excellent results, but I don't know yet if I need it.

Leen

Re: Custom jawline implant
« Reply #216 on: January 28, 2020, 07:19:28 AM »
Looks like s**t. No harmony whatsoever. The 3 facial thirds are not in proportion to each other. Your forehead's way too big for example, your lower third isn't wide and angular enough. I have no idea how your implant isn't angular as implants are supposed to keep angularity contrary to fillers. You must have a high bodyfat percentage otherwise I don't know.

Your midface is too long. Even tho you're squinting in the picture, you still have a lot of upper eyelid exposure. Your lateral canthus isn't wide enough, as a result your eyes are small and round. Sclera show too. Can't see your cheekbones because your jaws were recessed from the get-go. You've slapped implants on recessed jaws. As a result your harmony is completely off.

This is why you fix recession first, then augment the bone structure with fillers or implants.

You had much better harmony before.

This is my honest opinion

Show me a side profile pic.

waaw man! it seems that you have a lot of anger and hate inside you! why you are talking to him as if he is your biggest enemy who killed your whole family!!?? you can't just put your psychological issues on strangers.. you are free to share your opinion, but is this your first time taking to human!!

My opinion about the implant.. you look great and handsome..
I need implants to fix my face but I was hesitant, but seeing your results encouraged me and gave me some reassurance .. Thank you for sharing your pictures

suddenurge

« Reply #217 on: February 17, 2020, 04:29:02 AM »
I think the results look very natural and harmonious. Very good result indeed. @sal123 would you mind posting the design pictures? It would really help me understand the features of a good jaw implant design. I am planning to have the same procedure this summer.

ben from UK

« Reply #218 on: February 18, 2020, 11:53:17 AM »
I think the results look very natural and harmonious. Very good result indeed. @sal123 would you mind posting the design pictures? It would really help me understand the features of a good jaw implant design. I am planning to have the same procedure this summer.

I don't think there are absolute features of a good implant design. It all depends on someone's face. An implant on someone with a big skull might look good on him but might look terrible on someone with a small face. Also, designs are 2d. You deal with a 3d face. The key factor is 'seeing' how a 2d design will translate in 3d. It's art, you need to 'see' t, feel it, just like Bob Ross translated the image in his mind into a realistic painting. Most people aren't able to draw a landscape. The artist could explain it technically, but still most people won't be able to get on the same level.

suddenurge

« Reply #219 on: February 18, 2020, 01:08:29 PM »
I don't think there are absolute features of a good implant design. It all depends on someone's face. An implant on someone with a big skull might look good on him but might look terrible on someone with a small face. Also, designs are 2d. You deal with a 3d face. The key factor is 'seeing' how a 2d design will translate in 3d. It's art, you need to 'see' t, feel it, just like Bob Ross translated the image in his mind into a realistic painting. Most people aren't able to draw a landscape. The artist could explain it technically, but still most people won't be able to get on the same level.

I agree, you must never forget that each implant design is a work of art to enhance a specific individual's face. What I like about this implant is that it addressed the problems with this guy's lower third without overdoing it, assuming that the swelling will come down further. The obvious need for flatter manibular plane angles probably made the implant design process quite straight forward and not too difficult it seems. At the same time, this design on my face would have been a disaster.

But I also believe that there must be some commonalities in all implant design that tries to achieve the same goal. Of particular interest to me is the width of the jaw implant in relation to the bizygomatic width. If the goal is a more masculine appearance without overdoing it, is there a sweet spot?

ben from UK

« Reply #220 on: February 18, 2020, 05:15:58 PM »
I agree, you must never forget that each implant design is a work of art to enhance a specific individual's face. What I like about this implant is that it addressed the problems with this guy's lower third without overdoing it, assuming that the swelling will come down further. The obvious need for flatter manibular plane angles probably made the implant design process quite straight forward and not too difficult it seems. At the same time, this design on my face would have been a disaster.

But I also believe that there must be some commonalities in all implant design that tries to achieve the same goal. Of particular interest to me is the width of the jaw implant in relation to the bizygomatic width. If the goal is a more masculine appearance without overdoing it, is there a sweet spot?

There is a rule that says: jawangles shoud't be broader than zygos, but me personally, I think this is not a 'hard' rule. If you look at Ron Moss and Brad Pitt, their jaw is broader than zygos. I think it's more important to preserve the ogeeline and some hollowing of cheeks/shadows to prevent a bloated face. I've seen filler results where the jaw was broader than zygos and it wasn't a problem, it even added to the masculinity. But when you put for example 10-12 mm implants and lose the forward projection of the face, that's when things might become problematic aesthetically. Why I've seen this loss of forward projection with some implant results, resulting in a rather bloated face, isn't quite clear to me. I guess it might have to do with phenotype and/or adding volume to parts of the face that should not become thicker/fuller but are technically needed to fix the implant, mainly the area above the lower boarder of the jaw. Or it has to do with how the soft tissue around the implant reacts or is put around it during surgery. I don't know precisely. It would be good if a surgeon could answer this question.

suddenurge

« Reply #221 on: February 19, 2020, 09:26:01 AM »
There is a rule that says: jawangles shoud't be broader than zygos, but me personally, I think this is not a 'hard' rule. If you look at Ron Moss and Brad Pitt, their jaw is broader than zygos. I think it's more important to preserve the ogeeline and some hollowing of cheeks/shadows to prevent a bloated face. I've seen filler results where the jaw was broader than zygos and it wasn't a problem, it even added to the masculinity. But when you put for example 10-12 mm implants and lose the forward projection of the face, that's when things might become problematic aesthetically. Why I've seen this loss of forward projection with some implant results, resulting in a rather bloated face, isn't quite clear to me. I guess it might have to do with phenotype and/or adding volume to parts of the face that should not become thicker/fuller but are technically needed to fix the implant, mainly the area above the lower boarder of the jaw. Or it has to do with how the soft tissue around the implant reacts or is put around it during surgery. I don't know precisely. It would be good if a surgeon could answer this question.

I have seen some before and afters where the intergonial width was clearly smaller than the bizygomatic width and I think the results were lacking. At the same time I consider the Ron Moss look less than ideal. Ideally, I would like the intergonial width to be only very slightly less than the bizygomatic width. But this is just my personal perference. Hence I would never go beyond the bizygomatic width. What I am really asking is how close to the bizygomatic width can you go without getting the Ron Moss look. I mean you also have to factor in the masseter muscles, or am I wrong? I think Brad Pitts bulging lower third has as much to do with his masseter muscles as with his intergonial width.

Cancerkid

« Reply #222 on: June 01, 2021, 01:52:34 PM »
The links to your photos are missing bro.