Author Topic: Just got back from a consultation.  (Read 1016 times)

Jack2047

Just got back from a consultation.
« on: October 22, 2019, 03:01:16 PM »
Hey guys, I just got back from a consultation with an oral surgeon about getting a sliding genioplasty. He recommended a movement of about 4-6 mm. Do you guys think that is enough of a movement to have any improvements aesthetically in my case? Would DJS be a better route instead? I’ll attach my x rays. I have a beard so I don’t know if posting a picture of my side profile would be of any help.

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Just got back from a consultation.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 03:16:16 PM »
Looks like you could get by with an improvement from his suggestion.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Jack2047

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 03:33:29 PM »
Awesome, thank you. I also have one more question if you don’t mind answering. I was told by a few people that my chin is not the problem, instead the recession is because of my jaw being set back. Do you think taking the genioplasty route instead of DJS is a bad idea?

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 03:44:20 PM »
Awesome, thank you. I also have one more question if you don’t mind answering. I was told by a few people that my chin is not the problem, instead the recession is because of my jaw being set back. Do you think taking the genioplasty route instead of DJS is a bad idea?

DJS is an entire different continent than genioplasty. Think carefully before messing up your good bite.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 05:49:20 PM »

Since you went to an oral surgeon and he didn't tell you your jaw was set back, I have no reason to change my initial opinion that you would get an improvement with the suggested genio just because others told you your jaw was set back.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

InvisalignOnly

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2019, 01:00:21 AM »
Saw your photos in your previous post plus the x-ray here - you look great as you are, have a great bite, you so so so don't need jaw surgery! Maybe a genioplasty if you really want to, but you could just use fillers to augment your chin area instead of any surgery.