Author Topic: Does a CCW yield better results?  (Read 1023 times)

Dopesaint

Does a CCW yield better results?
« on: October 31, 2019, 01:40:20 PM »
I’m specifically referring to double jaw surgeries to correct a class 2 malocclusion. I’ve seen 2 surgeons, both referred a double jaw surgery to correct an overbite.

1st surgeon stated he will do a CCW surgery as the jaws are supposed to grow outward and possible genioplasty, however the 2nd surgeon stated a CCW is not needed and DJS+genioplasty would create a 15mm advancement.

Aesthetically and functionally I’m wondering, will a CCW surgery yield better results?

Dogmatix

• Private
Re: Does a CCW yield better results?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 02:07:26 PM »
Sometimes

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 02:40:07 PM »
I’m specifically referring to double jaw surgeries to correct a class 2 malocclusion. I’ve seen 2 surgeons, both referred a double jaw surgery to correct an overbite.

1st surgeon stated he will do a CCW surgery as the jaws are supposed to grow outward and possible genioplasty, however the 2nd surgeon stated a CCW is not needed and DJS+genioplasty would create a 15mm advancement.

Aesthetically and functionally I’m wondering, will a CCW surgery yield better results?

Need to see CEPHs and photos from different angles to give you any kind of answer.

ODog

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 03:05:00 PM »

Just curious who was the Surgeon who suggested CCW-r, and did he say how he’d achieve this, I.e with impaction or downgrafting.

I’m asking because I’m wondering if there are more surgeons doing downgrafting than I thought. Because if you have excess gum show both surgeons would have recommended CCW-r via impaction, which wasn’t the case.

So I’m guessing you don’t have excess gum show and saw a top surgeon ?

Dopesaint

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 09:20:27 AM »
Just curious who was the Surgeon who suggested CCW-r, and did he say how he’d achieve this, I.e with impaction or downgrafting.

I’m asking because I’m wondering if there are more surgeons doing downgrafting than I thought. Because if you have excess gum show both surgeons would have recommended CCW-r via impaction, which wasn’t the case.

So I’m guessing you don’t have excess gum show and saw a top surgeon ?

I believe down-grafting but I don't have any gum show or excess that of. Top surgeon yes.