Author Topic: Need advice please (pics consolidated)  (Read 2640 times)

junebug90

Need advice please (pics consolidated)
« on: December 03, 2019, 08:52:28 PM »
How would you explain the jaw deficiencies seen here? Dished in profile, narrow nasolabial folds (perhaps bc of a narrow palate or just recessed maxilla/mandible)? Would bimax correct my deficiencies? I feel as if my face completely lacks convexity and looks like a pancake. I’ve consulted with several surgeons and due lack of insurance coverage (my bite has been compensated for with years and years of orthodontics), I’ve turned to facial plastic surgeons to weigh my options. The  plastic surgeon I saw recommended buccal lipectomy and cheek augmentation. I think the issue is deeper and is related to my upper and lower jaw position as other MaxFac physicians have told me they could benefit from advancement. I’d appreciate any input!

I’ve consolidated my photos into one link for ease of review:

https://junebug9910.imgbb.com/
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 02:20:38 PM by junebug90 »

ben from UK

Re: Need advice please (pics consolidated)
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 09:41:07 AM »
How would you explain the jaw deficiencies seen here? Dished in profile, narrow nasolabial folds (perhaps bc of a narrow palate or just recessed maxilla/mandible)? Would bimax correct my deficiencies? I feel as if my face completely lacks convexity and looks like a pancake. I’ve consulted with several surgeons and due lack of insurance coverage (my bite has been compensated for with years and years of orthodontics), I’ve turned to facial plastic surgeons to weigh my options. The  plastic surgeon I saw recommended buccal lipectomy and cheek augmentation. I think the issue is deeper and is related to my upper and lower jaw position as other MaxFac physicians have told me they could benefit from advancement. I’d appreciate any input!

I’ve consolidated my photos into one link for ease of review:

https://junebug9910.imgbb.com/

You seem to have a long midface that could be slighly adjusted by lifting up the tip of the nose (but you need a very good surgeon for noses, cause most of them just fck up). And also make it more concave instead of convex. You also seem to have full cheeks/lower third. It could be more heart shaped ideally. Don't know what ideal surgery you could do, maybe asian shaving of bone to make it more feminine, I don't know. But how do you know a good surgeon in asia? Big question.

It's true that your face is quite flat and your cheekbones are quite low/dropping, but I don't if that could bring you up THAT much compared to nosejob + lower third adjustments.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 03:02:53 PM »
From the 3/4 view, it's clear you have maxillary RETRUSION. The retrusion to the maxilla is the cause for your nose 'collapsing' downward. Be careful about pursuing PS for rhino or anything else because you are CLEARLY a candidate for the maxfax surgery to address your maxillary retrusion and the 'collapse' of the nose that results from it.

This resolves to a Lefort 1 to bring your maxilla FORWARD. With that, your nose will straighten out. Also, advancement to the lower jaw would most likely 'go with that' for BIMAX surgery. Prelude to maxfax surgery is time in BRACES to prepare for the movements planned to be made.

FORGET about 'fixing' problem with plastic surgery. You're a maxfax case.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 06:46:37 PM »
don't do a buccal lipectomy, terrible idea. i agree with kavan.

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 06:55:27 PM »
Bimax candidate for sure. Eyeballing it I’m not even sure you need CCW. You might do well with linear advancement.  You should see a surgeon with an eye for aesthetics before making that choice though.

ben from UK

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2019, 02:13:24 AM »
Hmm yeah... the solution Kavan gave might be even better and more simple..