Author Topic: Morphs of me by Dr Defrancq. Looking for advice.  (Read 2062 times)

surgerymax94

Morphs of me by Dr Defrancq. Looking for advice.
« on: December 16, 2019, 12:13:49 AM »
Hi everyone.

I had a consultation with Defrancq a few weeks ago. He suggested bimax advancement + genio, as well as peek implants for cheeks/midface and forehead reduction surgery.

He said my nose is unbalanced which I agree with - but that a nose job wouldn't be necessary. Despite this, he seems to have reduced the nose projection in the 3/4 morph.

My goal is to have a shorter-looking face along with more width and amgularity. Imo I have something of a horseface.

I have a thousand questions but thought I would leave this post open to general comment and suggestion as I trust the expertise of users here.

Thank you

Gadwins

• Private
Re: Morphs of me by Dr Defrancq. Looking for advice.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 03:52:35 AM »
wait, what is a forehead reduction surgery?

surgerymax94

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 03:38:41 PM »
the changes don't warrant all this surgery. you look fine.

i wouldn't go through with all this.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 04:03:58 PM »
You look better after, but who knows if that's actually likely, and if it's worth what you'll have to go through?
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 04:09:52 PM »
I could see the case for a bimax. Not sure I’d bother so much with the implants and forehead surgery though. That’s a lot of ‘moving parts’ going on and you don’t know how your soft tissue will respond, what is going to be stable, etc.

IMO, if you’re really just worried about looks, I’d consult with another jaw surgeon that focuses on aesthetics and see what they say about your jaw and chin. I personally haven’t seen many good examples of cheek implants improving a man’s look. They can actually be feminizing if even slightly overdone.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2019, 04:44:44 PM »

Let me first say that I am a STICKLER when it comes to juxtaposing an original with a morph and this morph presentation does not 'cut the ice' with me.

In addition to the 3/4 nose shot, there are some other issues with the morph presentation such as parts from the sides of the photos being cut off; left side of 'before' photo cropped somewhat. Originals and morphs together all should be the same size with no cropping of one if other is not cropped by same amount. Photos taken against a 'busy' background. Background should be a plain one. So, I guess the 'busy' background (which is quite a nice interior design) is probably the Pancras Renaissance Hotel, London where he gives consults there.

Dr. Defranq has made quite a bucket list of surgical suggestions for you.

Aside from the oblique shot (3/4 view) and let's just forget about that particular shot, the front and profile do NOT look that promising in terms of what he can do or has in mind.

For now, I am going to DISREGARD the suggestion for hairline lowering and cheek augmentation because I don't think you should be getting all of that done within the SAME surgery. But more importantly, his 'vision' for the KEY and CORE part of the surgery; BIMAX (and chin) surgery is not really impressive. Not to my eye.

If I were you, I'd find out IF Defranq does CCW posterior downgraft surgery before you decide on having him do the surgery for you, not to mention the 'toss ins' he wants to do with the bimax and chin.

Although you DON'T show any CEPH (which I guess he can't do when consulting from a HOTEL), from just his profile vision for you (sans the other suggestions), I'm inclined to think that you COULD possibly get MORE/ better projection to the lower jaw with one of the CCW posterior downgraft doctors who might have a BETTER vision for your bimax.

So, I would consult around for JUST the bimax FIRST and NO ADD ONS like hairline lowering and cheek augmentation. You can do those LATER with Defranq if you like.

I usually don't suggest add ons or 'toss ins' for other surgical procedures UNLESS the BIMAX part alone shows a LOT of promise (improvement) and his vision does NOT show that.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

JawSeeker

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2019, 04:20:45 PM »
the changes don't warrant all this surgery. you look fine.

i wouldn't go through with all this.

I was just about to make the same comment. He looks fine in the before photos.

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2019, 01:30:21 PM »
I was just about to make the same comment. He looks fine in the before photos.

He looks 'fine' but he's asking if JS can make him look better.  The answer to that question is clearly yes (although I would see someone besides dr. D for this).  It's not for us to judge whether 'fine' is good enough for him.

Kadath

• Private
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2019, 09:53:18 PM »
the question is - will ALL of those procedures for this relatively mild improvement (based on the morphs) be worth it for you?

I don't think you need forehead reduction/hairline lowering - if you're worried about your hairline, you could always get a transplant which would probably stand the test of time for you better. I'm actually surprised someone recommended hairline lowering because most surgeons that do that would prefer you have a thick hairline already in order to hide the inevitable scarring.

ben from UK

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2020, 05:18:22 PM »
I think the morph would be an improvement if you get this outcome. Hairline lowering is a choice one can make. It's not an unreasonable choice imo (but i don't think it's the best choice). Fact is, he's shortening the lower third. You might end up with a forehead that,'s way too long compared to lower third if he shortens the chin. Another option could be leaving the height of chin and forehead like it is and doing jaw + chin. You might get a better outcome imo. The morph isn't masculine enough imo for what you could achieve. I agree with Kavan.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 05:31:00 PM by ben from UK »

DoubleJawSaveMePlz

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2020, 11:44:58 PM »
I’m new here. I’m from looksmax.me.

The morphs he made look like ass.

Dude I’m new to the bi max stuff but you could totally use it. I’ve seen some great transformations on the internet. Yet, not a lot. I need bi max too. Let’s fight this together! ;D