Author Topic: Gunson  (Read 3581 times)

tightchinlip

Gunson
« on: December 28, 2019, 12:45:56 AM »
I saw that Gunson has been sued by 3 patients over in the month of December. Personally, I'm not surprised, always thought he was overrated and his cult like following is just annoying. Thoughts?

beautyislife

Re: Gunson
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 03:22:44 AM »
Where did you see that? That worries me as my surgery is pretty soon with him.

Lefortitude

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 08:19:26 PM »
Where did you see that? That worries me as my surgery is pretty soon with him.

Driven posted about it on another forum.  I wouldent worry about it.  Gunson does 5 jaw surgeries a week. 

tightchinlip

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 12:19:01 AM »
idk, I feel like its worth looking into. personally I would ask him about it and see how he responds. It may be worth shopping around a bit more, plus his price tag isn't cheap. Also, Imo, I don't get the hype and never have. He's results are decent, but who wants a face full of HA junk?

DRIVVEN

• Private
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2019, 01:14:39 PM »
idk, I feel like its worth looking into. personally I would ask him about it and see how he responds. It may be worth shopping around a bit more, plus his price tag isn't cheap. Also, Imo, I don't get the hype and never have. He's results are decent, but who wants a face full of HA junk?

I am one of the plaintiffs.  Feel free to pm me.  Someone asked him about my case before it was a case and he said i was an anxiety patient. He told several people this, so its worth asking about.  I personally think he is way over extended and does not have the experience or the knowledge of Arnett, his surgical partner. Others operate with a surgical partner or fellow.  I thought Arnett was going to assist on my surgery and at the last minute i was handed a piece of paper that said Lori “may” assist.  I thought at the time she was a surgeon. She  was billed as an assistant surgeon. I bet my surgery outcome would have been different had Gunson been operating with his long time partner, instead of a PA. I cant open more than one finger, a chunk of bone sticks out on the left, i cant speak or eat without pain and my jaw blows up like a balloon when i try to use it. I look horrible too, but if i could function I probably would get over how it aged me ten years.   Also,  before filing a lawsuit, i offered to take zero compensation, zero for pain and suffering (i was a highly successful law partner and my career was ended by this surgery, so that was giving up a claim for millions) in exchange for hiring a team that would review what left me disabled and determine whether there is any chance of restoring the function i had before surgery.  They told me to go pound sand. Of course i am biased, but don’t believe the hype or that a cluster of lawsuits after never being sued until arnett left as acceptable.

Below are Gunson’s photos of my before and after.

DRIVVEN

• Private
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2019, 01:30:25 PM »
I saw that Gunson has been sued by 3 patients over in the month of December. Personally, I'm not surprised, always thought he was overrated and his cult like following is just annoying. Thoughts?

Here they are:

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2019, 06:00:55 PM »
HOLY s**t! Damn he's getting his ass sued off.

I mean the evidence of malpractice in your case is totally evident. Not to make you fee bad, but I don't understand why you even had jaw surgery. Your profile and smile etc. were phenomenal in your before photos pre-surgery. Did you have awful sleep apnea or something?

What movements did you get precisely? Any layman can see that you're left with a compromised result, poor smile etc. Im so sorry about your case.

I hope you sue their f**king assess off and take millions.

DRIVVEN

• Private
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2019, 09:37:30 PM »
HOLY s**t! Damn he's getting his ass sued off.

I mean the evidence of malpractice in your case is totally evident. Not to make you fee bad, but I don't understand why you even had jaw surgery. Your profile and smile etc. were phenomenal in your before photos pre-surgery. Did you have awful sleep apnea or something?

What movements did you get precisely? Any layman can see that you're left with a compromised result, poor smile etc. Im so sorry about your case.

I hope you sue their f**king assess off and take millions.

That wont ever happen because remedies are limited in CA. And the law favors  victory for most doctors.  I feel like setting up a website because its going to be a wild ride.  The first communication I got from his lawyer says i cant state a cause of of action because all that really happened is that i had some complications that were not resolved “to my satisfaction”.....as if I bought a pair of shoes from a department store and they hurt my feet. 

I had a retrruded maxilla and he advanced my lower jaw only 14 mm, upper jaw abandoned to to “soft bone” I found out later that i I did not have soft bone....win or lose, its going to be a wild ride.  Do not go gently into that good night....

DRIVVEN

• Private
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2020, 04:26:07 PM »
Jesus. I'm planning a consult with A&G but maybe I'll just leave it as a consult. Obviously accidents/undesirable results could be part of the territory but it's a bit daunting to see 3 cases appear within the span of a month.

I have always said that “s**t happens” but its not telling me what happened and leaving me, abandoning me as a patient, that is the worst attribute of a surgeon in my opinion. Leaving me looking like this with swelling that prevents function  has no justification, IMO. Nobody has a perfect record but the reason i would not take a chance is the conduct when something does not go as planed...

Kadath

• Private
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2020, 06:42:50 PM »
Best of luck to you. I also have a consultation with Gunson in March and this worries me greatly. So sorry this happened. Just wow. Mistakes happen but to not even try to follow up is unconscionable imo.

XXRyanXXL

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2020, 07:27:52 AM »
DRIVVEN
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't any surgery with A&G offer a lifetime of post-op revision surgery? I believe a lot of patients who went there were guaranteed any follow up revision surgery if needed.
Did they abandon your care while you were still healing from the surgery? What was there reason for them not addressing your situation? They just can't tell you to kick rocks.
Given the amount of surgeries he performs, I don't think this should be a detrimental factor for deterring future patients, he does have a lot of patients who are satisfied with the results, nobody is perfect.

jusken

• Private
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2020, 04:29:31 PM »
DRIVVEN
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't any surgery with A&G offer a lifetime of post-op revision surgery? I believe a lot of patients who went there were guaranteed any follow up revision surgery if needed.
Did they abandon your care while you were still healing from the surgery? What was there reason for them not addressing your situation? They just can't tell you to kick rocks.
Given the amount of surgeries he performs, I don't think this should be a detrimental factor for deterring future patients, he does have a lot of patients who are satisfied with the results, nobody is perfect.

While I can confirm this is what is said, I can also say that I'm not entirely sure what kind of guarantee this is.  Not only would a revision be incredibly taxing and certainly be costly even if the surgery was free of charge, like many doctors I'm sure Gunson would do almost everything to avoid a revision.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2020, 07:51:52 PM »
DRIVVEN
AFAIK, a few years ago the “lifetime guarantee” was downgraded to the industry-standard 12 months.