Author Topic: Yaremchuk Implant Design  (Read 4031 times)

Bowie

Yaremchuk Implant Design
« on: December 31, 2019, 11:44:23 AM »
Thought people may be interested to see the designs for my implants. I won't be posting before or afters but, God willing, if I survive the surgery then I will of course update this thread to say if I am satisfied or not. I am sure I will be, all his work looks very natural.

https://imgur.com/a/R2yZOcU

Reality

• Private
Re: Yaremchuk Implant Design
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 06:11:49 PM »
@bowie: wait a minute....  didn't you already have work done (bone movements & implants) by Sailor?...  If yes, what happened to make you go to Dr. Y now? (who's my original Surgeon by the way).

Also, your implant design looks very similar to my old design by Y. (I really liked it but...  I incurred infection and everything had to be removed).

IconVillage

• Private
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 09:51:00 PM »
Out of curiosity, what made you choose Yaremchuk over other doctors?

Bowie

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2020, 01:54:56 AM »
@bowie: wait a minute....  didn't you already have work done (bone movements & implants) by Sailor?...  If yes, what happened to make you go to Dr. Y now? (who's my original Surgeon by the way).

Also, your implant design looks very similar to my old design by Y. (I really liked it but...  I incurred infection and everything had to be removed).
Yes but the cartilage implants have resorbed so much that I want them replaced with something permanent. Damn, sorry to hear that your implants got infected, how long after surgery did it occur?

This is pretty scary what Yaremchuk says about orbital rim implants, ‘ There are many reports in the literature of late complications with orbital implants, especially with silicone, polytetrafluoroethylene, and nylon plate. These have been noted to occur as late as 21 years after placement, and include infection,193,194 extrusion,195 migration with hematoma formation,196-199 migration with obstruction of the lacrimal duct,200,201 erosion into the maxillary sinus,202-204 and lower eyelid deformity.205,206’.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2020, 09:07:17 AM »
Yes but the cartilage implants have resorbed so much that I want them replaced with something permanent. Damn, sorry to hear that your implants got infected, how long after surgery did it occur?

This is pretty scary what Yaremchuk says about orbital rim implants, ‘ There are many reports in the literature of late complications with orbital implants, especially with silicone, polytetrafluoroethylene, and nylon plate. These have been noted to occur as late as 21 years after placement, and include infection,193,194 extrusion,195 migration with hematoma formation,196-199 migration with obstruction of the lacrimal duct,200,201 erosion into the maxillary sinus,202-204 and lower eyelid deformity.205,206’.

i dunno call me conservative on this front. i just don't trust implants until they learn to implant real live bone constructed out of your own cells. maybe in the year 3000.

Bowie

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2020, 09:28:30 AM »
i dunno call me conservative on this front. i just don't trust implants until they learn to implant real live bone constructed out of your own cells. maybe in the year 3000.
Yup. That's what attracted me to cartilage but of course it resorbs and nothing beats Yaremchuk's custom designs IMO. They look natural and very masculine. I already have medpor on my nose bridge so may as well go the whole hog. I would never go to Eppley having seen some of his work; it makes Michael Jackson look understated.

ben from UK

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2020, 05:02:10 PM »
Dr. y. is the best in the world imo. His aesthetic eye is unmatchable. Of course, he as well can make mistakes, you can't exclude mistakes or complications. But he's by far the best surgeon I had.

I personally just don't like silicone. But that's only my personal opinion.

IconVillage

• Private
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2020, 08:24:51 PM »
Dr. y. is the best in the world imo. His aesthetic eye is unmatchable. Of course, he as well can make mistakes, you can't exclude mistakes or complications. But he's by far the best surgeon I had.

I personally just don't like silicone. But that's only my personal opinion.

Did you have jaw implants with him? What do you make of his negative reviews?

ben from UK

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2020, 04:53:52 PM »
Did you have jaw implants with him? What do you make of his negative reviews?

I don't make anything of his negative reviews tbh. Every surgeon and company has negative outcomes, it's just part of things. I base my opinion on my own experience with him. He helped me tremendously and I was a very difficult case. I also found him to be an honest man and a perfectionist. Maybe he's not the easiest person to communicate with, but he's calm and composed. I was impressed by his technical skills and aestethic eye.

To elaborate further outside of Yaremchuk:

In my opinion a surgeon has superior aesthetic eye when he understands you need to stay within the range of normality when it comes to beauty. This, jn my opinion, is one of the key factors of beauty that I think has been highly misunderstood or overlooked by many surgeons (or they don't have the skills and subtility). Hence you can see how many botched nosejobs there are, for example.

In my opinion, there has been a highly flawed view on how to improve someone's looks. Facial harmony has been overlooked over the years, causing a bad name for plastic surgery as well. For example, you see all these beautiful women on Instagram with fake faces. I don't understand this. How's that an improvement? This is not how it's supposed to be and it has nothing to do with real beauty.

Facial harmony is not something that is completely measurable. You need to be an artist and feel it. While a surgeon can shorten a nose or reduce a nose technically, or a chin, or a jaw, or whatever, that doesn't mean it will fit the rest of the face.

When people feels miserable because of his or her face, they often think they are VERY far away from their ideal face. Many surgeons think the same it seems. Hence they do alot of grotesque procedures. The reality is, in most cases, a great outcome can be achieved by subtle changes.

Beauty is a matter of millimeters in most cases (not all cases). Also: many men want to look like a model. You don't need the facial structure of a model to look good. Sure, jaw is imo the most important feature when it comes to male beauty, and if it's somehow recessed you could improve it with a couple of millimeters. But do you really need a massive jaw? It depends from case to case of course.

Things are getting a bit out of hand lately. There is massive pressure to look good. There is also enormous hypergamy (it is simply true). But you don't have to look like a supermodel to make people appreciate your face. Just look NORMAL with some improvements. Don't go overboard.

Choose your surgeon carefully, but remember there is never a guarantee you made the right decision. But the most important: even if you had one or more botched jobs, it can be fixed in most cases. A botched job is fortunately in this time and age, not the end of everything.

I had seven botched jobs. It was a complete mess and I've been through hell and back. I look alright now. I don't want to be a supermodel (I never wanted to be one anyway).

Good luck everyone!

Reality

• Private
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2020, 07:57:43 PM »

@Bowie: Thanks for your kind sentiment and likewise, very sorry to hear about the resorption ) : I still have your photos on my old laptop and you looked amazing man! (I’m sure you still do)

Regarding my old implants, it seemed about 1-2 months but tbh it was probably “boiling” up until that point (most likely 2 weeks after as I did notice some symptoms retrospectively). Simply could not chew even soft foods, the chin portion literally shifted back and forth a couple times and under my chin looked like it was getting “sucked in” (aesthetically it was nice but something wasn’t right when I think about it).

About orbital rims: that is scary ... I hope Taban’s record is better (considering getting it done with him among a couple other suggested procedures).

By the way, I just got my new peek implants placed yesterday (we shall see how this endeavor plays out).

Bowie

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2020, 05:27:29 AM »
@Bowie: Thanks for your kind sentiment and likewise, very sorry to hear about the resorption ) : I still have your photos on my old laptop and you looked amazing man! (I’m sure you still do)

Regarding my old implants, it seemed about 1-2 months but tbh it was probably “boiling” up until that point (most likely 2 weeks after as I did notice some symptoms retrospectively). Simply could not chew even soft foods, the chin portion literally shifted back and forth a couple times and under my chin looked like it was getting “sucked in” (aesthetically it was nice but something wasn’t right when I think about it).

About orbital rims: that is scary ... I hope Taban’s record is better (considering getting it done with him among a couple other suggested procedures).

By the way, I just got my new peek implants placed yesterday (we shall see how this endeavor plays out).

Well, looking back, I think Sailer's implants were too big anyway. It must seriously suck to go through it all and then have to have them removed due to infection - meaning *another* surgery! Are you getting the PEEK ones from Yaremchuk?

Reality

• Private
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2020, 01:01:39 PM »
Well, looking back, I think Sailer's implants were too big anyway. It must seriously suck to go through it all and then have to have them removed due to infection - meaning *another* surgery! Are you getting the PEEK ones from Yaremchuk?

Indeed it did and in short, it ruined everything: place I was living in abroad (had to come home), opportunities (documentary I was going to be featured in), my own projects, financials obviously, time and my health (physical and emotional well-being) -terrible experience -it really vexes me!

Also ...  I would be very careful about going to Y. Listen, I like him (Y) as a person but the overall experience was horrible. Especially since I’ve had my procedure done in Belgium now and have a chance to compare (it was like I had Stockholm syndrome). You can PM me if you’d like details (obviously I’m still here in Belgium) so I’m writing my experiences down and can give a play by play but it is absolutely night and day (I was treated like trash in America and here in Europe I’m treated as a human being should be, including full transparency).

I say this also because I distinctly remember you detailing your experience with Sailor and how he basically treated you like family (letting you stay at his personal villa etc...) and this is a similar rapport I’ve with my current surgeon: we eat together each day for example and he LIKES to discuss every minute detail/aspect of my surgery via photos, diagrams, drafts and conversation; we also talk non-surgical topics I.e. he is genuinely interested to hear your ideas about life and exchange his.

The aforementioned is only one example of personalization that you will NEVER get with Y. not to mention his incompetent staff (there’s only one person there that I really liked, everyone else should be serving fries at McDonald’s).

PloskoPlus

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2020, 01:15:41 PM »
So who else is any good at implants, especially malar, infraorbital?

Bowie

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2020, 02:43:31 PM »
Indeed it did and in short, it ruined everything: place I was living in abroad (had to come home), opportunities (documentary I was going to be featured in), my own projects, financials obviously, time and my health (physical and emotional well-being) -terrible experience -it really vexes me!

Also ...  I would be very careful about going to Y. Listen, I like him (Y) as a person but the overall experience was horrible. Especially since I’ve had my procedure done in Belgium now and have a chance to compare (it was like I had Stockholm syndrome). You can PM me if you’d like details (obviously I’m still here in Belgium) so I’m writing my experiences down and can give a play by play but it is absolutely night and day (I was treated like trash in America and here in Europe I’m treated as a human being should be, including full transparency).

I say this also because I distinctly remember you detailing your experience with Sailor and how he basically treated you like family (letting you stay at his personal villa etc...) and this is a similar rapport I’ve with my current surgeon: we eat together each day for example and he LIKES to discuss every minute detail/aspect of my surgery via photos, diagrams, drafts and conversation; we also talk non-surgical topics I.e. he is genuinely interested to hear your ideas about life and exchange his.

The aforementioned is only one example of personalization that you will NEVER get with Y. not to mention his incompetent staff (there’s only one person there that I really liked, everyone else should be serving fries at McDonald’s).

Hi, mate. Yes, Sailer did indeed treat me like family. I know that I will not get that treatment in the UK or the US. So be it, I do trust Yaremchuk, he's also been nice enough.

IconVillage

• Private
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2020, 07:40:45 PM »

Did you get surgery with DeFrancq? How does his implant design aesthetic compare to Y's eye?