Author Topic: Yaremchuk Implant Design  (Read 4032 times)

ben from UK

Re: Yaremchuk Implant Design
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2020, 03:59:31 AM »
Well, luckily beards are still very much in fashion, so he has grown a big beard to cover up his botched lower third. He is definitely aware that just removing the implant is not a good option, it needs to be replaced. Unfortunately he is short of the funds right now, plus he obviously has major trust issues after being played by Defrancq. Maybe, if my jawimplant is succesful, then he will find the courage to get it fixed. Then we have the whole separate issue of his ripped masseter muscles.

I don't know if Defranq is that stupid and thinks a bad result is a good result, which means he has low aesthetical standards, which doesn't speak for him as a surgeon, or he's manipulating his way out of things. I think it's the latter. And then it will backlash hard on him if he continues like that. Every surgeon needs a learning curve, which means he needs a lot of 'labrats' to become good (and even then, you need talent as well). You better not be the labrat. But the least he can do is admit his mistakes if the aesthetical outcome is subpar. Starting to think this guy is highly manipulative and should be avoided.

suddenurge

Re: Yaremchuk Implant Design
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2020, 09:07:04 AM »
I don't know if Defranq is that stupid and thinks a bad result is a good result, which means he has low aesthetical standards, which doesn't speak for him as a surgeon, or he's manipulating his way out of things. I think it's the latter. And then it will backlash hard on him if he continues like that. Every surgeon needs a learning curve, which means he needs a lot of 'labrats' to become good (and even then, you need talent as well). You better not be the labrat. But the least he can do is admit his mistakes if the aesthetical outcome is subpar. Starting to think this guy is highly manipulative and should be avoided.

From listening to my friend and reading their extensive email conversation, I would say that Defrancq certainly has low aesthetical standards but sadly even lower morals. As I mentioned before, he changed the implant to his own liking 3 days before the surgery date and then proceeded to manufacture it without consent. At this point my friend had already paid the full amount, and if he wanted to withdraw from the surgery it would have cost him something like 30% of all surgery related fees plus the costs of the manufactured implant. Just the cost of the jawimplant was around 4000 euros. Who wants to part with 7000 euros and leave empty handed?  At the same time  Defrancq started a psychological pressure campaing to convince my friend that this was 'THE' implant and that all of his aesthetic wishes would materialize. He even said that IF my friend was not satsified he would happily design a new implant and replace it. This turned out to be all lies of course. My friend had wished for this surgery for so many years already, and had also arranged for a long leave of absence from work to leave room for healing. Imagine all that psychological and economic pressure combined with the real desire to finally have the change you that always wished for. Naturally he relented and decided to trust Defrancq. Big mistake!