Author Topic: saggy supranasolabial "malar pads" post bimax  (Read 1527 times)

boyo

saggy supranasolabial "malar pads" post bimax
« on: January 17, 2020, 02:52:33 AM »
Surgeon not sure why the midface soft tissue collapsed as there are no bone recession in the area and low surgical cut was used.   
Very apparent in the 3/4 view.
Been recommended cheek augmentation with micro lipsuction to the pad, but i feel this is masking the issue?
Shouldn't the priority be to lift the supranasolabial pad back to where it was pre-bimax?

Any ideas?

Something like this but not so severe:

IconVillage

• Private
Re: saggy supranasolabial "malar pads" post bimax
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 11:40:08 AM »
What form of cheek augmentation were they thinking of doing? Osteotomy, implant or filler? I'm curious if a paranasal implant would be helpful in cases of depressed nasiolabial folds.

LeFort 3000

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 03:53:37 PM »
wait in this before/after the double jaw clearly cured his saggy pads, no?

boyo

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 12:53:40 AM »
What form of cheek augmentation were they thinking of doing? Osteotomy, implant or filler? I'm curious if a paranasal implant would be helpful in cases of depressed nasiolabial folds.

ZSO with grafts. It would bring out the zygos anterior and lateral, which will make the fat pad appear smaller but it wouldn't really solve the saggyness.

Quote from: LeFort 3000=topic=7941.msg73364#msg73364 date=1579290008
wait in this before/after the double jaw clearly cured his saggy pads, no?

I don't know the backstory of that pic.

My question is basically if there are different ways to do midface lifts? Lifting with sutures is appearently really bad, it only last for a short periode of time before relapsing. Is there anything else which can make the soft tissue settle further up on the midface?

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 03:58:16 AM »
I believe this is Derek from the YouTube channel Moreplatesmoredates. The video was on mewing or cutting or something like that. Don’t think he’s had bimax.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2020, 09:54:18 PM »
Surgeon not sure why the midface soft tissue collapsed as there are no bone recession in the area and low surgical cut was used.   
Very apparent in the 3/4 view.
Been recommended cheek augmentation with micro lipsuction to the pad, but i feel this is masking the issue?
Shouldn't the priority be to lift the supranasolabial pad back to where it was pre-bimax?

Any ideas?

Something like this but not so severe:

I would have thought a midface lift is the way to go. Have always heard buccal fat pad removal and things is a bad idea on the face.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

boyo

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2020, 02:24:03 PM »
I would have thought a midface lift is the way to go. Have always heard buccal fat pad removal and things is a bad idea on the face.

If i'm not mistaken you had similar concerns regardig your face in another thread? Did you end up doing anything to correct it?
Do you know if midface lifts can be done with anything else then sutures which will only last for a short periode of time before relapsing back.