Author Topic: What do I need for the best looking results? Do I need ccw rotation?  (Read 624 times)

FranAK

https://imgur.com/a/TupJQWx

I asked the max fac if I needed ccw rotation and he asked where i learned that from but then said no. Anyways, when I jut my lower jaw out to look better, my lower teeth sorta push my lower lip farther out then my chin, that's why I was thinking it, however, I guess if my lower teeth are moved back to fix my edge to edge bite (as opposed of my top teeth being moved forward) then that would mitigate that. But my occlusal plane doesn't look that flat to me, granted, I can barely see, my x-ray tech friend laughed and said it was a terrible xray when she saw it. Anyways, idk how the anterior nasal spine is supposed to be (flat, pointed up) so to me it looks like its slightly pointing down (assuming my head is on the frankfurt plane?) so I think I could get away with some slight rotation, idk I feel like my jaws are still pointing down too much aka to much clockwise growth; maybe my occlusal plane is fine but my ramus just didnt grow down enough, so I just need gonial angle implants after? I had braces and 4 bicuspids extracted at like 12 or whatever. I didnt wear the elastics, thats why i have an edge to edge bite. Rip.

Also, the doc said my lower jaw was recessed like 8mm, idk what he said for top 4/6 i think. He also said he would move my maxilla down to give me a better smile, i dont even think i have a gummy smile at all. Maybe like 2-3mm of gums. Does that mean my lower jaw gets moved down too?

Its weird, i told him I wanted my jaws (teeth) in line with the end of my nasal bone because i was watching a different max fac that does that for everyone, and the max fac i saw said thats what he will do, but editing it, that seems way toooo far for my nose, so idk why the guy i saw said he would, anyways, I realize (think) that my teeth actually need to be about 6mm behind the end of my nasal bone because It hit me that I had the premolars removed which pull back my teeth about 6mm i think. So I did an edit and I think it looks good, does it seem reasonable (how many mms do you think my edit is?) (Ik the chin soft tissue is off in my edit). I feel like this is like 12 mm for my lower jaw.

https://imgur.com/a/hde8sAb

I want my nose to stop being hooked and sunken in, I feel like moving my maxilla down would hinder that because the anterior nasal spine might be too low to push it up(?)  and I feel like i need the ccw rotation to alleviate that.

Also, I have lip incompetence, or well, I think i do, the max fac kept holding my mentalis muscle down to look at it lol. So what exactly needs to be done to fix that? Would the surgeon's rough draft plan even fix it? (Moving my maxilla down, and then advancement how ever many mm of BOTH my jaws, and my chin)? Also, when I talk, I show no top teeth, so i guess moving my maxilla down would fix that? I feel like moving the maxilla up with ccw rotation would move my upper lip up which would fix it? $67,000 btw

So yeah, does this surgeon have no clue what he's talking about or does he? I mean, he's doing surgery for strictly looks because I dont have diagnosed sleep apnea, so clearly his goal is to make me look better, so shouldnt he know if I need ccw or not? Should I just find a different surgeon?

Like, can my bite be fixed in different ways? Like the surgeon wants me to see an orthodontist to get Invisalign to fix my edge to edge bite, im worried that since he doesnt think i need ccw rotation, he might tell the ortho to pull my top teeth over lower which like I said, i feel like my lower teeth push my lower lip out too much when I jut, so i should I message him and tell him that I want the rotation? Do you think the surgeon even has done rotation before? Like, could I say, "I want it, you can just experiment on me"? Like does it require more steps that they might not know how to do. Anyways, so Im scared to see an ortho because Id rather my lower teeth be tilted back, is there a correct way (like compared to a standard) to fix my bite? Like could 100 orthos look at me and say "You need your lower teeth tilted back"? Or does the orthodontic plan depend on what the surgeon thinks you need? (Ccw, no ccw)?

Im half white, half Cambodian if that changes anything, but i think i have more white bone structure.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 04:52:25 AM by FranAK »