Author Topic: options for more projection/jaw work post jaw surgery  (Read 1012 times)

beautyislife

options for more projection/jaw work post jaw surgery
« on: February 20, 2020, 01:18:50 PM »
I had double jaw surgery last week. I don't think I'm going to get the desired aesthetic outcome or projection/definition. Things look kind of recessed still.

I'm looking to get a bit more projection and better jaw angles. My face looks like it still casts short, so I want to make sure I get more harmonious facial thirds (it looks like I need a more prominent lower third) as prior to surgery if I pushed my lower jaw forward, things looked decent. I'm also thinking i'll need some form of chin implant or something to make it square/bigger.

My guess is a chin wing or implants could help with those concerns. I'm wondering what other considerations to take into account though or specific items I should research/ask surgeons about or what other options exist?

Right now, I'm thinking the following:

Chin wing:
-could offer good projection of lower jaw
-a bit more ramus length
-potentially better jaw angles? (i've seen mixed responses related to this and some mentioning blunting)
-may need 2 chin wings
-nerve complications

Implants:
-hit or miss on results
-can be customized to help with jaw angles, width, projection
-potentially weird having a large jaw on a smaller face (guess I'm getting too big of an implant)
-possibly address chin concerns as well?
-material used seems to be different from surgeon to surgeon

PloskoPlus

Re: options for more projection/jaw work post jaw surgery
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 06:49:35 PM »
It’s early days. Top jaw swelling may make your chin look smaller than it is.

Lefortitude

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 08:40:20 AM »
Ploskos right.  Wait a year before you start thinking about this.  Theres a dopamine hit from a positive aesthetic result from surgery similar to sex drugs or gambling.  It can get addicting very quick.  You will probably have a great result so just sit tight and wait for it to happen.

beautyislife

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 07:10:43 PM »
Some swelling has gone down. It still looks like I didn't get enough forward movement. Another concern now is that this HA paste on my cheeks is giving me a weird upper third / eye area look.

Kadath

• Private
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2020, 11:03:42 AM »
have you talked with your surgeon about your concerns so far? are they known to have a policy of working with you to "fix" anything you didn't find satisfactory, or maybe you've talked about that with them before the surgery? who is the surgeon btw if you don't mind sharing.

beautyislife

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2020, 11:03:08 AM »
have you talked with your surgeon about your concerns so far? are they known to have a policy of working with you to "fix" anything you didn't find satisfactory, or maybe you've talked about that with them before the surgery? who is the surgeon btw if you don't mind sharing.

I couldn't really tell what the cheek area looked like until now, so I haven't expressed those concerns yet. We discussed this prior to surgery and both agreed that too much material in that area would look weird so only a little would be applied.

I will have a chance to bring all these concerns up soon as before I was just too swollen to notice all these things.