Author Topic: Looking to maximise Facial aesthetics potential (lots of photos and xrays)  (Read 2092 times)

Aman2468

So I’ve been considering getting jaw surgery with respect to my lower third in the near future to improve my facial aesthetics. Prospective surgeron- Dr Michael Gunson in California since its near to my home.
Case history:
4 first premolars extracted as a part of orthodontic treatment at the age of 18.5 resulted in degradation of facial aesthetics.
Developed TMJ 4 years later. Got treated successfully with a doc in the USA. Spent 50k USD
Have tried reopening extraction spaces in all 4 quadrants and have managed to open 5 mm in each quadrant. Treatment still in the process using Invisalign. I have all 4 wisdom teeth with mandible right side impacted but erupted.

Goal:
To improve my facial aesthetics to the maximum potential possible using non-invasive (fillers, botox, dermatological treatment etc) as well as using invasive treatments( jaw surgery, rhinoplasty, genioplasty) etc

Current treatment:
Currently, got botox done for jaw masseter reduction 30 units each side, 3 sessions set apart by one month followed by ultherapy for anti aeging. Going to get dermal fillers soon (Juvederm voluma - 6ml). Considering to get jaw surgery and rhinoplasty with Dr arnett-gunson in CA.

Past consultations:
I have consulted with some of the best orthodontists and surgeons in the world including Dr William hang (ortho California) and Dr larry Wolford(Dallas, Texas). I am attaching their analysis below.

Questions
1. What do you find wrong with my face? What can be improved?
2. Which parts should I focus most while getting dermal fillers?
3. What kind of surgeries would you recommend to improve my aesthetics- rhinoplasty, genioplasty, jaw surgery to in increasing order of their effectiveness implying the surgeries which would give the biggest bang for the bucks
4. Guess my age, I need to understand if I am aging faster than my biological clock, as extractions can cause that.
5. Rate my looks on a 10 point scale- 1 being lowest and 10 being highest. I weigh 80 kg and bodyfat 17% with a height 5 feet 11 inches.
6. Rate forward growth of my face on 10 point scale.
7. What would be your treatment plan if you were my plastic or orthognathic surgeon

My analysis
1. Facial asymmetry
2. Chin and nose deviated to the right-hand side.
3. Canted maxilla
4, Right eyebrow higher than the left side.
5. Wider nose.
6. Slightly asymmetrical and weak chin instead of stronger and squarish.
7. The gonial angle is too acute; broader face.

Current facial images
https://imgur.com/a/Rj7JEMS

Current facial video for better understanding
https://imgur.com/qsV4Et5

Current intraoral dental pics (after extraction gaps opening)
https://imgur.com/a/DLvVjlF

Pre teeth extraction cephalometric x-ray and dental/facial pics- age:18.5
https://imgur.com/a/BpMJzCz

CBCT xrays-2018
https://imgur.com/a/Ux56bhu

Dr Larry Wolford jaw surgery consultation analysis in 2016
https://imgur.com/a/9Q3gXwK

Below are my facial aesthetics in 2018.
https://imgur.com/a/n5xKDzs

I became really serious about my aesthetics since mid-2019 and started with skincare, botox, anti-ageing treatment and very soon starting with dermal fillers with invasive surgeries to be followed. Please compare my current pics with 2018 pics and let me know if you can see my aesthetics improving.

Note: I understand I may not be too ugly but I am looking to maximise my looks potential. Part of the reason is I want to pursue male modelling ( as a hobby). My reasons for considering surgeries are purely aesthetical as I don't have pain or any other symptoms which I am aware of. Please feel free to be as critical of my looks as you can. The more the better . I am thick-skinned and don't get offended :)

Thank you for taking out time and reading this. Your opinions and feedback will be highly appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 03:27:39 PM by Aman2468 »

Post bimax

• Private
The main issue I see is eye asymmetry, and it's not even that bad.  Overall you look good and have strong/broad features.  A good masculine look.  From some angles I could see a benefit from genioplasty, but not significant.  I wouldn't call your chin 'weak'.

Hard to recommend procedures.  Honestly I think you should keep up your skin care and enjoy your life.

Aman2468

The main issue I see is eye asymmetry, and it's not even that bad.  Overall you look good and have strong/broad features.  A good masculine look.  From some angles I could see a benefit from genioplasty, but not significant.  I wouldn't call your chin 'weak'.

Hard to recommend procedures.  Honestly, I think you should keep up your skin care and enjoy your life.

@postbimax
Thank you for replying.I have two specific questions though-
1. How much would you rate me my attractiveness out of 10? (Be very critical)
2. How old do you think I look?

Thanks for your time.

surgerymax94

Have you been spending time on lookism forums?

Lazlo

• Private
I mean do you have a problem getting chicks or something?

I'd say if you do, it's your personality, cause your looks are fine.

I mean you're not smiling or anything so it's hard to tell from those pics since you're just staring blankly.

You look about 30?

As for 1-10 rating, I mean you're a 7?

I don't think there are any surgeries that will make you look a lot better. You already are "good looking" and I think you just just get your teeth fixed and move on with your life. Sounds like you've invested a lot of time and energy in all this.

Post bimax

• Private
@postbimax
Thank you for replying.I have two specific questions though-
1. How much would you rate me my attractiveness out of 10? (Be very critical)
2. How old do you think I look?

Thanks for your time.

I’m not rating you on a scale of 1-10. That’s stupid and not the point of this forum. I don’t have any comments on your looks beyond what I listed in my first reply.

kavan

• Global Moderator
I’m not rating you on a scale of 1-10. That’s stupid and not the point of this forum. I don’t have any comments on your looks beyond what I listed in my first reply.

BINGO! and +
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

GJ

• Administrator
BINGO! and +

Yeah. I already deleted his thread about this. Should have been a warning. But no, he went ahead and asked again here.
Final admonition before a ban.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Aman2468

Aplogies ! I was just trying to gain some insight before I delve into jaw surgery.

PloskoPlus

Aplogies ! I was just trying to gain some insight before I delve into jaw surgery.
Jaw surgery is not a head transplant. Since you have all those spaces open, go with Wolford. He’s simply the best surgeon.

Lazlo

• Private
Listen a guy asks to be rated, I'll rate him!

kavan

• Global Moderator
Yeah. I already deleted his thread about this. Should have been a warning. But no, he went ahead and asked again here.
Final admonition before a ban.

The OP had another thread about this?  I declined to give any focus when I saw the post on this one where it was 'Rate me' and male wannabe stuff.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

GJ

• Administrator
The OP had another thread about this? 

Yes a dedicated "Rate me" thread. I deleted it. Should have been a warning, but he doubled down.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Aman2468

Its okay guys. It was my first post and I anyway posted under aesthetics topic. I was just curious to understand how do I look on global standard to set a benchmark before I embark on the journey of jaw surgery to enhance my looks. Please go easy. I am a newbie to this forum and didn't intend to offend anyone.

The first rule of hitting a target is knowing the target. That is why I tried to set a standard about how do I look.

Apologies if I offended anyone. Never intended it. Please go easy. You guys are doing a great job and @admin I love this forum and have great respect for you. I read almost all posts on this forum and it has given me great insights.

Thank you @lazlo for your reply. I have always read your comments on other posts and have always been fascinated by your acute and sharp sense of aesthetics.

I have fixed consultation appt with Dr Michael Gunson and Dr Eppley. Will post their consultation and analysis soon.
Thank you everyone for your feedback.

Peace out.

Aman2468

Jaw surgery is not a head transplant. Since you have all those spaces open, go with Wolford. He’s simply the best surgeon.

Thank you for your opinion but Dr Wolford insisted on total TMJ replacement plus he wanted to close the dental spaces whereas I intended to get dental implants to fill in the spaces while moving my entire maxilla forward.

Regards