Author Topic: wisdom teeth extraction  (Read 771 times)

Gadwins

• Private
wisdom teeth extraction
« on: April 22, 2020, 02:05:01 AM »
Hi everyone,

does somebody  know if it is necessary to remove wisdom teeth before a high BSSO? Let assume the wisdom are total normal orienteded.

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: wisdom teeth extraction
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 09:30:15 AM »
Hi everyone,

does somebody  know if it is necessary to remove wisdom teeth before a high BSSO? Let assume the wisdom are total normal orienteded.

Wisdom teeth are away from the field of the cut in the high BSSO. Not exactly sure but likely they won't need to be removed. High BSSO is done by chin wing doctors who want to include the chin wing with the surgery (or to give option later on to have chin wing).
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Gadwins

• Private
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 12:53:07 PM »
Thank you for your answer. Then I will insist to let my wisdom teeth stay. My orthodontist said, that normally the surgeon would remove them. Unfortunatly I know by two guys from youtube that is true. But he performs a high BSSO, so there is no reason to remove them. Also there is another surgeon who even advertises to not remove the wisdom teeth, because he performs a high BSSO.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 04:36:17 PM »
Thank you for your answer. Then I will insist to let my wisdom teeth stay. My orthodontist said, that normally the surgeon would remove them. Unfortunatly I know by two guys from youtube that is true. But he performs a high BSSO, so there is no reason to remove them. Also there is another surgeon who even advertises to not remove the wisdom teeth, because he performs a high BSSO.

Well, it will leave your options open to get a chin wing later down the line if you want.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.