Author Topic: a question about some aesthetic things  (Read 1335 times)

Pipilika

a question about some aesthetic things
« on: June 11, 2020, 01:10:42 AM »
what would I like to ask you?the border,contour of the jaw and the jaw angles  can be enhanced by osteotomies alone?
Or that is not possible?(not chin wing surgery, only osteotomies)
 Also for a wider face(wide beccccccause of zygoma) what can be done?Only Korean zygoma reduction?
 But I was told that is not suitable because I have only lateral projection,zygoma arches prominent ,not anterior projection,that is ok.

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: a question about some aesthetic things
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 09:06:18 AM »
what would I like to ask you?the border,contour of the jaw and the jaw angles  can be enhanced by osteotomies alone?
Or that is not possible?(not chin wing surgery, only osteotomies)
 Also for a wider face(wide beccccccause of zygoma) what can be done?Only Korean zygoma reduction?
 But I was told that is not suitable because I have only lateral projection,zygoma arches prominent ,not anterior projection,that is ok.

Your questions are hard to answer due to the way you ask/present them.

For example: Your statement: 'not chin wing surgery, only osteotomies', reflects you don't know that a chin wing surgery IS an osteotomy. A chin wing surgery is an isolated osteotomy of the lower mandibular border. So, all that can be said here as to a question about osteotomies alone to the BORDER of the (lower) jaw is that a chin wing IS such an osteotomy.

Second question is also hard to intepret due to the way you ask it.

Have you considered just stating clearly WHAT you are wanting an osteotomy TO DO for your face?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 11:06:48 AM by kavan »
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Pipilika

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 02:18:03 AM »
first, excuse me to answer so late, I was very busy.
Kavan, I know , I have presented the questions not in a clear way.
Yes , chin wing is an osteotomy, I know that, but what I wanted to ask is the border and gonial angle of mandible can be enhanced only by chin wing, only by osteotomy that respects chin wing technique?
Also my asymmetry could be solved only by chin wing procedure?
Also for a wider face {wide because of zygoma} what can be done?
As I mentioned before , my zygoma are projected too much laterally,anterior it s ok ,I have eye support.
What should I want from osteotomies, my face elongated ,chin a bit stronger, asymmetry at  least decreased, contour and gonial mandibular angles enhanced and lateral projection of zygoma decreased.
Tell me ,please, if I am wrong with something.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2020, 09:54:43 AM »
Hi,

I've spent a lot of time already giving you my suggestions as to what to look into; an overall downgraft to the maxilla as to address WHERE the shortness to the face comes from; the midface.

I also recall telling you that if such a downgraft was limited by your present tooth show (for example, if a 7mm overall downgraft were needed for the total increase in facial height BUT you ONLY needed 3mm for the proper TOOTH SHOW amount, THEN the COMBINATION could be overall downgraft in addition to a chin wing to increase the total facial height.

There is too much of a language barrier here for me to negotiate all your questions which seem to reflect little to no research on your part to even gather enough info on your own in order to even ask a CLEAR question.

A chin wing can 'drop down' the border of the whole mandible, including the chin as to increase facial height and to the best of my knowledge be adjusted on each side for better symmetry. This can be done INDEPENDENT of a BSSO. As to zygomatic osteotomies, they can be done to either increase wideness or decrease it. Keep in mind this general info as to chin wings and zygomatic osteotomies can be looked into further ON YOUR OWN given there is plenty of information to be found by any individual in the capacity to do SELF RESEARCH.

However in the event you are 'too busy' to do some of YOUR OWN research about chin wings and/or anything else I suggested prior you LOOK INTO, I'm not going to SPOON FEED or otherwise compensate for research you COULD BE doing on your OWN. Here, you come back STILL not knowing what a chin wing is where I find myself having to tell you what it is in a circumstance where there is enough info out there for you to have answered your own question.

In closing, prior, I suggested you look into an OVERALL downgraft to the maxilla to add some length to face and also a chin wing in the event the overall downgraft would be limited by your already having enough tooth show such that the extent of the overall downgraft would not be able to achieve the total increase in facial height needed.

Suggesting that YOU look into something is NOT an 'invitation' for me to spoon feed in the event you are not in the capacity to do some basic research on YOUR OWN. So, I'm not going to continue catering information FOR YOU when I see no effort on your part to do any of your own basic research (especially regarding WHAT a chin wing is).

If you need further remedial help on what some procedures are and what they do then you may put out a query aimed at a BROADER audience.

Pipilika

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2020, 02:10:18 AM »
thanks for your answer ,Kavan, I ve understood now ,that seems very logical.
I think it also will be corrected the philtrum length if the chin is elongated.
The philtrum lenth in my case is somehow 18 and the chin length is 36-38 mm.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2020, 05:50:37 PM »
thanks for your answer ,Kavan, I ve understood now ,that seems very logical.
I think it also will be corrected the philtrum length if the chin is elongated.
The philtrum lenth in my case is somehow 18 and the chin length is 36-38 mm.

Here's the 1/3 2/3 guideline for proportions of lower face as to where to take the measures.

Pipilika

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2020, 03:02:12 AM »
Kavan, one more time I thank for all this info,but I am not clear now,what surgeon should I choose ,who is known to perform the surgeries I do need{for my problems with short face}
I cant afford to need a revision.
Please recommend me one ,of course in Europe,maybe Hungary.
Or other country.
I contacted Mr.Dr. Lefranq assistant ,but I am not clear he performs what I need.
  Thank you
Or other forum members can help me please tell me

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2020, 06:59:38 AM »
Kavan, one more time I thank for all this info,but I am not clear now,what surgeon should I choose ,who is known to perform the surgeries I do need{for my problems with short face}
I cant afford to need a revision.
Please recommend me one ,of course in Europe,maybe Hungary.
Or other country.
I contacted Mr.Dr. Lefranq assistant ,but I am not clear he performs what I need.
  Thank you
Or other forum members can help me please tell me

I don't give recommendations for specific doctors on board.