Author Topic: Lack of websites / marketing / results pages...  (Read 3209 times)

jawgraphy

Lack of websites / marketing / results pages...
« on: July 31, 2020, 01:04:40 PM »
I'm new here. Have started my research this last few months on creating some sort of mandible expansion (my bite is fine but i have a heavily recessed chin).

Wondering where to start. Ideally getting treated in the UK, or Europe, would of course be more convenient travel wise. So i thought about booking a consult with Paul Johnson, yet it seems in the UK hardly any Maxfax surgeons have decent websites or results?! Why is this?

So far as I know, Hermandez Alfaro in Barcelona is the only one displaying patients before and afters....

Any advice would be welcome, thanks!

Lani

• Private
Re: Lack of websites / marketing / results pages...
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 01:35:48 AM »
If your bite is fine but your jaw is recessed, have you considered checking for sleep apnea or narrow airway issues in general? They would be able to figure that out after analyzing your CBCT. I would take that as the first step. If in fact your bite is fine and there is not breathing issues (small jaws usually come with breathing issues esp sleep apnea) then you might be able to get away with a genioplasty or implants....

btw the UK is not known for having the best jaw surgeons. Something about the way the healthcare system is set up discourages it. Paul Johnson is supposedly the best, but I heard he doesn't compare to many others in Italy, Spain...

jawgraphy

Re: Lack of websites / marketing / results pages...
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 09:39:29 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

I'm set to meet with a doctor in the UK in a few weeks just for scans and a discussion.

Which doctors are best in Spain and Italy..? That'd be super helpful if i could view their sites.

Thank you!