Author Topic: Custom cheek and jaw implants  (Read 1313 times)

celest218

Custom cheek and jaw implants
« on: August 05, 2020, 11:46:21 PM »
Anyone happy with their custom cheek and jaw implants? Any recommendation for surgeons who are proficient in this area?

eastcoastian1

Re: Custom cheek and jaw implants
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 12:12:04 PM »
Anyone happy with their custom cheek and jaw implants? Any recommendation for surgeons who are proficient in this area?

I do and I’m relatively happy. Definitely better than my starting point.

celest218

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 10:38:29 PM »
May i as who you went too? The surgeon i consulted wanted 41k usd plus 8K for anesthesia fee. Which i think is  robbery.

eastcoastian1

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 12:50:42 AM »
Yaremchuk.

Movebone

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2020, 12:56:10 PM »
Yaremchuk.

What did you think of his design, I heard yaremchuch is very conservative in his augmentations. I'm probably gonna do peek orbital-malar impalnts with him to correct asymmetry and advance the structures forward, do you have forward grown orbits or were you happy just to have the jaws done?

Also if you got silicon, you should check a video made by a russian maxfac where he shows scans of the bone reabsorption that had happened. Let me tell, it was criminal!! I'll post it if you've gotten silicon.

eastcoastian1

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2020, 01:46:31 PM »
What did you think of his design, I heard yaremchuch is very conservative in his augmentations. I'm probably gonna do peek orbital-malar impalnts with him to correct asymmetry and advance the structures forward, do you have forward grown orbits or were you happy just to have the jaws done?

Also if you got silicon, you should check a video made by a russian maxfac where he shows scans of the bone reabsorption that had happened. Let me tell, it was criminal!! I'll post it if you've gotten silicon.

Yes if anything, he was a bit too conservative. But I think he does that on purpose so the results are naturally and not freakish. But yeah, I do regret not going bigger, particularly on the right side.

Orbits aren’t great, but I didn’t want my entire face to be made of implants. I never really considered anything beyond jaw/chin.

And yes, it’s silicone but they’re custom. From what I understand, most resorption comes from off shelf implants that don’t naturally contour to the bone. Mine are custom and fit pretty snug. Plus I get a CT done yearly and so far, no really signs. But sure, would love to see the vid.

Movebone

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2020, 08:54:40 AM »
Yes if anything, he was a bit too conservative. But I think he does that on purpose so the results are naturally and not freakish. But yeah, I do regret not going bigger, particularly on the right side.

Orbits aren’t great, but I didn’t want my entire face to be made of implants. I never really considered anything beyond jaw/chin.

And yes, it’s silicone but they’re custom. From what I understand, most resorption comes from off shelf implants that don’t naturally contour to the bone. Mine are custom and fit pretty snug. Plus I get a CT done yearly and so far, no really signs. But sure, would love to see the vid.
I'm glad things are going well!! Great thing about implants, is you can go back to bone or even a bigger implant. You don't get locked into your new look like with osteotomies.
This is a link to the video I saw
https://www.instagram.com/p/CC1EPtrqloA/
scary stuff and just something to be mindful of I guess, but keep in mind this is a surgeon who promotes chinwings, so his conclusions might be too broad for the case studies to provide.

OP, Grumpy Defranq might be worth a consult aswell.

eastcoastian1

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2020, 12:47:26 PM »
I'm glad things are going well!! Great thing about implants, is you can go back to bone or even a bigger implant. You don't get locked into your new look like with osteotomies.
This is a link to the video I saw
https://www.instagram.com/p/CC1EPtrqloA/
scary stuff and just something to be mindful of I guess, but keep in mind this is a surgeon who promotes chinwings, so his conclusions might be too broad for the case studies to provide.

OP, Grumpy Defranq might be worth a consult aswell.

Thanks.

And while it sounds easy to “augment” in theory if you do implants, reality is less generous. You’re still looking at 6+ months of swelling (it took a year for me), and possible issues with bony overgrowth, and also more infection risk. It’s never as easy as just going bigger, otherwise I already would have. The more you go in, the higher chance you have to risk complications.

EDIT: Just watched the video and have to admit, that’s some scary stuff. But, luckily, I don’t have any obvious resorption yet as of March. I like how he called out Eppley by name haha.

In regards to the surgeon him self, his results are.....not great. Many patients looked better before. https://www.instagram.com/p/B_m6DBXDV9E/?igshid=kvrd9xwh948n

It’s interesting though, most of his chin wing patients got an increase in width when I thought that wasn’t possible with chin wings.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 01:14:13 PM by eastcoastian1 »

linoob

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2020, 11:58:59 AM »
Yaremchuk.

Yo who the hell quoted you this much?

Was it PEEK?