Author Topic: I'm looking for recommendations based on my ceph x-ray  (Read 2669 times)

Mrtn

I'm looking for recommendations based on my ceph x-ray
« on: October 18, 2020, 07:28:43 PM »
I just got an X-ray to gather more information about possible surgery or treatment to improve my aesthetics.

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: I'm looking for recommendations based on my ceph x-ray
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 09:39:11 PM »
There is a lot of information to gather about aesthetics as they apply to maxfax on the EDUCATIONAL section of this board. Anything I posted there is with that aim. Here's a link to a few of the  articles I recommend for self study:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2395921516300575

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1002/9781118925225.app1

Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Mrtn

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 09:48:37 PM »
I came to this forum to look for help from people who already has more knowledge in this. Otherwise why would I ask for help if I already knew how to read the x-ray?

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 10:25:57 PM »
This is not going to end well.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Mrtn

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2020, 10:42:49 PM »
This is not going to end well.

Maybe I'm totally clueless about this place, but isn't it a forum for people to get help/recommendation for jaw surgery based on pictures? I mean I read quite a few threads and they were pretty similar to mine, except they got some helpful replies and recommendation against/pro surgery. What did I do wrong or what did they do differently?

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2020, 10:48:24 PM »
Just a gut feeling.

But anyway, you should post photos as well. Based on that x-ray CCW of both jaws, or linear of both jaws + (ccw) genio would make sense.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Mrtn

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2020, 11:03:29 PM »
Just a gut feeling.

But anyway, you should post photos as well. Based on that x-ray CCW of both jaws, or linear of both jaws + (ccw) genio would make sense.

Thanks! That's all I wanted to know. One of the surgeon I asked only told me to get genio because double jaw in my case wouldn't really make a "dramatic difference".
Non x-ray pictures: https://imgur.com/a/aHIufNN

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2020, 11:11:40 PM »
I came to this forum to look for help from people who already has more knowledge in this. Otherwise why would I ask for help if I already knew how to read the x-ray?

I've given you help before and it proved fruitless.

Mrtn

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2020, 11:13:42 PM »
I've given you help before and it proved fruitless. Same demonstrated again when I gave you self study that gives directions on basic how too as to cephs.

And you told me I should post my ceph for further details. So I did, and I just wanted to know if your previous recommendation changed after seeing my ceph, that's all.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2020, 11:23:41 PM »
And you told me I should post my ceph for further details. So I did, and I just wanted to know if your previous recommendation changed after seeing my ceph, that's all.

and I just wanted to know what your response would be after giving you educational material for self study. I needed to validate past interaction which I felt was fruitless. But no problem with your getting help from others.

Mrtn

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2020, 11:28:32 PM »
and I just wanted to know what your response would be after giving you educational material for self study. I needed to validate past interaction which I felt was fruitless. But no problem with your getting help from others.

I wish I had time to look through all of this stuff and I appreciate your recommendations for self study. What I know is that my face is a bit "off" (f**ked up) and I'd like to improve that. What I don't know, is how exactly should I improve it, because I got different insights, recommendations from different places, including from surgeons, and the more I read about this the more confused I get.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2020, 12:08:32 AM »
I wish I had time to look through all of this stuff and I appreciate your recommendations for self study. What I know is that my face is a bit "off" (f**ked up) and I'd like to improve that. What I don't know, is how exactly should I improve it, because I got different insights, recommendations from different places, including from surgeons, and the more I read about this the more confused I get.

In a prior post, you wanted to know why some people get a lot of help and others don't.

My help is best reserved for people who come here demonstrating some prior knowledge and/or capacity to 'digest' the info I give them. That's what I look for and those are the types who benefit the most from my help. I gave you plenty of help in the past (http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php/topic,8062.0.html ) and even told you in no uncertain terms WHY not to just get genio as a doctor suggested to you. But there was little to no demonstration from you as being able to 'digest' that info.

Mrtn

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2020, 12:27:45 AM »
In a prior post, you wanted to know why some people get a lot of help and others don't.

My help is best reserved for people who come here demonstrating some prior knowledge and/or capacity to 'digest' the info I give them. That's what I look for and those are the types who benefit the most from my help. I gave you plenty of help in the past (http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php/topic,8062.0.html ) and even told you in no uncertain terms WHY not to just get genio as a doctor suggested to you. But there was little to no demonstration from you as being able to 'digest' that info.

Fair enough. I'll dig in a bit more, it's just so contradictive. Two doctors told me to get genio. I don't know them, I don't know you, so I'm just trying to use what information I have online and from real doctors so far. Those doctors could perform double jaw but they didn't suggest it. I don't know why, or why not, but I need to consider their opinion too against yours.

InvisalignOnly

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2020, 01:11:28 AM »
Have you considered a chin wing? Or even a jaw implant? Your bite and upper jaw area look good to me (but I might be completely wrong).

Mrtn

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2020, 01:14:29 AM »
Have you considered a chin wing? Or even a jaw implant? Your bite and upper jaw area look good to me (but I might be completely wrong).

Jaw implant no, I think it's not a solution for my problem. I was looking at chin wing surgery but honestly I don't know why should I choose it over double jaw with genio? What are the benefits?