Author Topic: Paranasal advancement and nose flare?  (Read 1061 times)

ODog

Paranasal advancement and nose flare?
« on: January 02, 2021, 03:50:26 AM »
Say for a MLF3 where the paranasal region is advanced, would this widen the nose/ flare nostrils in the same way as a lefort 1?

I suspect this may be the case if the nose bridge itself is not moved, as it would be in traditional lefort 3.

We don’t see a lot of ML3 results on the internet, just LF3s.

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Paranasal advancement and nose flare?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 10:29:45 AM »
You might not see a lot of ML3 results on the internet. But when you hear/read about them, they are in reference to selectively advancing the boney areas under the eyes. They are not in reference to selectively advancing an area that the LF1 advances (paranasal).
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

ODog

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 01:03:40 PM »
You might not see a lot of ML3 results on the internet. But when you hear/read about them, they are in reference to selectively advancing the boney areas under the eyes. They are not in reference to selectively advancing an area that the LF1 advances (paranasal).

Lefort 1 actually does very little, if not nothing, for regions lateral to nose. At least for me. To get to the paranasal area you need a high lefort 1.

I was under impression lefort 3 advances entire midface Including: paranasal (not lefort 1 region), malar, and IOR.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 09:45:35 PM »
Lefort 1 actually does very little, if not nothing, for regions lateral to nose. At least for me. To get to the paranasal area you need a high lefort 1.

I was under impression lefort 3 advances entire midface Including: paranasal (not lefort 1 region), malar, and IOR.

Then that would be a high L1. ML3 usually (with reference to the first poster who got one; Earl and those who pursue 'what Earl got'  refers to selective advancement of bones under the eyes as in IOR and cheek area but no paranasal.

ETA:

On second thought, if you want an isolated area selectively advanced that is within the whole L3 area but does not include all areas of the L3, eg. isolated area beside the nose, then the phrase; 'selective paranasal osteotomy' would be more useful in gathering info on doctors who could/would do such a thing than is the phrase; 'modified L3'.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 10:01:54 PM by kavan »

ODog

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2021, 04:52:59 AM »
Then that would be a high L1. ML3 usually (with reference to the first poster who got one; Earl and those who pursue 'what Earl got'  refers to selective advancement of bones under the eyes as in IOR and cheek area but no paranasal.

ETA:

On second thought, if you want an isolated area selectively advanced that is within the whole L3 area but does not include all areas of the L3, eg. isolated area beside the nose, then the phrase; 'selective paranasal osteotomy' would be more useful in gathering info on doctors who could/would do such a thing than is the phrase; 'modified L3'.

Yeah but we’re seeing all kinds of modified LF3’s now. I think even Sinn’s includes cuts at sides of nose. At least based on a poster here from over a year ago who showed me the cuts. Some surgeons will advance entire midface but cut just below infraorbital margin, for example. Not a true Sinn MLF3 but close enough. Call it midface advancement then. But I’m almost positive even Sinn’s traditional modification advances the entire midface. If it doesn’t, then there are two midfacial regions he doesn’t touch: the nose and paranasal, because a true LF3 advances the latter as well, which is separate from nose and maxilla. 

ODog

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2021, 05:01:45 AM »
Mike pence is example of this. See how he has bony projection to sides of nose which connects to malar body which connects to zygo. Viewed from left to right side of face, his midfacial bones form
kind of a “ V “. This is full mid-facial development. It’s debatable whether this aesthetic is better or worse than hollow paranasal region, though, which may pronounce the projected zygo region even more by contrast. Many models have the latter.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2021, 10:29:07 AM »
We don’t see a lot of ML3 results on the internet, just LF3s.

Yeah but we’re seeing all kinds of modified LF3’s now. ....

Sorry, it doesn't look like communication between you and me is working out here, nor am I in the group that constitutes the 'WE' who are seeing all kinds of modified LF3's . Best of luck pursuing the information you seek.