Author Topic: Loose uneven droopy (bottom) lip  (Read 789 times)

mynameis

Loose uneven droopy (bottom) lip
« on: April 23, 2021, 10:35:09 AM »
Does anybody else have a droopy uneven bottom lip that looks kind of sticky out/big and 'dorky' when you talk?

Is there anything that can be done about this? Partly a side effect of jaw/face assymmetry and the effects that is having on the musculature as I age

Tomasjohn

• Private
Re: Loose uneven droopy (bottom) lip
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2022, 01:11:44 PM »
Old but maybe relevant.
Ifif one side is droppy because muscle on this side is weaker you can use botox on the strong side to even out :P

GJ

• Administrator
Re: Loose uneven droopy (bottom) lip
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2022, 07:12:56 AM »
Does anybody else have a droopy uneven bottom lip that looks kind of sticky out/big and 'dorky' when you talk?

Is there anything that can be done about this? Partly a side effect of jaw/face assymmetry and the effects that is having on the musculature as I age

Is your chin uneven or tilted to one side, or is your ramus on one side longer, etc? I'm not really sure, but I have seen this, and I think it's mostly due to that. Also the mentalis and surrounding muscles can get damaged during jaw surgery or genio and probably cause this, or if the mentalis wasn't attached correctly. You might want to get a diagnosis on why it's happening first. If you do, let us know.
Millimeters are miles on the face.