Author Topic: Residual swelling due to hardware  (Read 1682 times)

Gadwins

• Private
Residual swelling due to hardware
« on: April 30, 2021, 10:39:15 PM »
Since in germany hardware removal after a bimax is a standard procedure, I picked up a theory in german forums. Many people claim, that they got even more swollen down after their hardware removal. So of course at first they get more swollen, but after that they face get even more leaner than before.

Seems to me somehow not believable, if they didn't have any inflammation and titanium seems to cause this really rarely.

Maybe somebody can tell her/his experience or provide further information, if there exist any articles about this.

thedude

Re: Residual swelling due to hardware
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 12:57:09 AM »
I believe it. I believe it just because I think Germans are really smart generally so I give their observations extra weight but also because I found several articles on Google suggesting titanium causes an immune response. I bet there is always inflammation just not enough to be noticeable most of the time. I also just find the idea that any metal is fully biocompatible too convenient. Nature is never that simple.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6107454/

Are there any good German jaw surgery forums you recommend? Would be interesting to read them. 

GJ

• Administrator
Re: Residual swelling due to hardware
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 06:43:03 AM »
I believe it just because I think Germans are really smart generally

o.O
Millimeters are miles on the face.