Author Topic: I had a sliding genioplasty/teosetomy done and feel i am botched again  (Read 2340 times)

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: I had a sliding genioplasty/teosetomy done and feel i am botched again
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2021, 11:39:44 AM »
My guess is that the dent below the lip is probably a type of suture pucker, especially so in the following circumstance:

Incision inside the mouth to perform the genio where what was detached to do it had to be re-attached (sewn back up) but where (some of) the sewing went into (some) superficial tissue. Basically, suturing back the tissue needs to be really deep to the tissue (periosteum) directly over the bone. If the needle used to suture the periosteum back up catches on to a piece of soft tissue superficial to that, it might leave an indent.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

mindwitch

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2021, 05:21:02 AM »
My guess is that the dent below the lip is probably a type of suture pucker, especially so in the following circumstance:

Incision inside the mouth to perform the genio where what was detached to do it had to be re-attached (sewn back up) but where (some of) the sewing went into (some) superficial tissue. Basically, suturing back the tissue needs to be really deep to the tissue (periosteum) directly over the bone. If the needle used to suture the periosteum back up catches on to a piece of soft tissue superficial to that, it might leave an indent.

Thats what i believe what can i do to fix it?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2021, 10:19:45 AM »
Thats what i believe what can i do to fix it?

It might be time to cut (potential) further losses with continued revision surgery to 'fix' prior
failures and just leave it alone. That or you may refer to Reply # 11 on this string.

mindwitch

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2021, 11:21:48 PM »
It might be time to cut (potential) further losses with continued revision surgery to 'fix' prior
failures and just leave it alone. That or you may refer to Reply # 11 on this string.

U don't think it would resolve in time on its own?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2021, 01:56:12 PM »
U don't think it would resolve in time on its own?

Can't predict whether it will or not.

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2021, 10:47:13 AM »
FWIW I had a genioplasty almost 3 years ago, and when I flex my chin or smile there is a a tri-pattern shape of indents on my chin that look somewhat similar to yours.  However, it's near the pogonion.  These may be sutures as Kavan suggested, or some other form of soft tissue bunching/pulling.  Either way I don't think it's going away.

https://imgur.com/a/NgL4tv7

mindwitch

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2021, 06:50:53 AM »
FWIW I had a genioplasty almost 3 years ago, and when I flex my chin or smile there is a a tri-pattern shape of indents on my chin that look somewhat similar to yours.  However, it's near the pogonion.  These may be sutures as Kavan suggested, or some other form of soft tissue bunching/pulling.  Either way I don't think it's going away.

https://imgur.com/a/NgL4tv7

And theres nothing that can be done to fix it?

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2021, 12:25:12 PM »
And theres nothing that can be done to fix it?

I don't know of a solution, you would need to show a surgeon and ask them.  If it's due to suture/wound healing though I don't think any solution would require a full revision.

mindwitch

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2021, 07:50:39 PM »
I don't know of a solution, you would need to show a surgeon and ask them.  If it's due to suture/wound healing though I don't think any solution would require a full revision.

Would it be a maxillofacial surgeon or a regular plastic surgeon i should seek out?