Author Topic: Timeframe for elastics  (Read 695 times)

nl1988

Timeframe for elastics
« on: March 28, 2022, 10:25:08 PM »
Hi I have lingual hidden braces and elastics on the front of my teeth post jaw surgery held on by buttons (I'm only recently post op)

How long should I realistically expect that I'll be needing buttons and  elastics on my teeth for? My bite was pretty good beforehand I had no gaps in my teeth and  prep in braces before surgery was very quick (10 - 12weeks). My surgery was only for sleep apnea not bite etc. I've read some people have them 6 weeks some 8-12 weeks some have them 6 months. I understand it can vary between patients depending on what they had done and  the extent their bite needs to be fixed

I had double jaw surgery no CW rotation just horizontal 3mm forward with a genioplasty. If anyone could share their personal experiences I would greatly appreciate it. Also if anyone can give any opinions on what week removal of elastics would be very safe in terms of the lowest chance of relapse that would be great. I'd rather wear these things for 12 weeks and  have a very low chance of relapse than 6 and  have a 5% chance.

Thanks in advance for the help

If you can please vote in the poll above so others can get some idea too if they are wondering the same cheers

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Timeframe for elastics
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 01:17:11 PM »
If the question is meant to be specific to your unique case, the only one/s who can tell you how long is/are your treatment provider/s; ortho and surgeon.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.