General Category > General Chat

The unfairness of Kavan: A warning to other users

(1/1)

etale_cohomology:
Kavan is abusing his position as a moderator and is behaving in a completely unfair way. This is a warning for other users.

I was banned for 3 days for PMing Kavan with a warning for a permanent ban if I did it again along with a refusal to help me with any board issues. I believe this is extremely unfair as I did not know the rules beforehand. Yes, Kavan has "Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only." in his signature but this ambiguous. Does private advice refer to any PM? Does it refer to a question about sources, about interest in a particular issue or does it only refer to surgical advice? The rules are unclear. I did not ask Kavan for advice either. I asked about anatomical questions which he said no to and then I asked a follow up clarification question. If even clarification questions are not allowed then this should be made explicit.

Furthermore, I had no idea he had a 3 strike PM policy nor that I could get banned from the forum for PMing him. Punishing users for something they did not know is unjust and if his personal policy has consequences for the forum than this should be clear and explicit.

What I want is an apology from Kavan and a takeback of his no help policy which I had no idea of. My intention was not to offend or upset him in any way. I did not know PMing was such a sensitive issue for him. I am a new user who is trying to get a feel for how the forum is used and if I knew the rules unambiguously I would not break them on purpose.

I am not saying this cannot be a rule or that Kavan is under any obligation to help me or anyone else or even that he can't have a total no PM rule. Just that a forum has to have clear rules and it's moderators have to be fair with them. What other unknown rules could I get banned for?

I was hoping to get help and to learn about surgery but so far I have been treated in an unfair way. It's is funny to me that Kavan makes fun of looks forums when there are more helpful and kind people on there than on here.

kavan:
My signature CLEARLY says: "Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only."

As moderator of this board who VOLUNTEERS FREE TIME, ( I receive no financial contributions for sign ups.), I am under no obligation, implied or otherwise to render private or special attention just because a new sign up elects to ENTITLE themselves to it (eg. YOU). Also, I reserve the option to CHOOSE which open posts to respond to.

You deemed yourself as 'special' or an 'exception' to my policy to JUMP MY POLICY.

First try was to proxy a PM special request via GJ. I told him NO.

Second time you PMed me, I REPEATED my policy. Despite that, you PMed me again.

You are NOT entitled by ME to Jump my policy (on PMs for private focus). Your act of entitling YOURSELF to do so despite that does NOT make you special or an exception to OTHERS who DO respect my policy.

Because you THINK you are 'a special exception' which has been not only demonstrated 3X by you but ALSO in your post here where you think it's 'unfair' that you are NO EXCEPTION to a policy that I have that applies across the board (my signature makes that clear!), I feel that your self ENTITLEMENT to private time and attention is defacto UNFAIR to others who RESPECT my policy.

Again, that is my policy. You will get NO apology for my policy that applies across the board. Instead, because you elected to double down via DEFIANCE of it (by your post here), I, in turn, am electing NOT to render any public help to you on the open board. Since GJ's policy differs from mine, I have no issue with him advising you.

GJ:
That was really stupid to go make a public post about this.

Perma ban forthcoming.

Gadwins:
Really sad that etale_chomology acted like that, this name means really alot to me. If you are reading this, please go back to your research and don't let your mind be consumed with aesthetic issues.

kavan:

--- Quote from: Gadwins on April 01, 2022, 04:36:53 AM ---Really sad that etale_chomology acted like that..
--- End quote ---

Should be no wonder, at this point, why I wouldn't want to be a captive audience (via PM) to someone like that.

--- Quote from: Gadwins on April 01, 2022, 04:36:53 AM ---... this name means really alot to me. If you are reading this, please go back to your research and don't let your mind be consumed with aesthetic issues.

--- End quote ---

Highly Mathematical moniker. Perhaps he could use 'group theory' to predict the allowable symmetry arrangements as to ideal aesthetic distance relationships for a face.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version