Author Topic: Does my Lateral Ceph. show a Narrow / Restricted Airway?  (Read 1329 times)

Charlie

Does my Lateral Ceph. show a Narrow / Restricted Airway?
« on: April 12, 2022, 06:45:50 AM »
As per the subject heading and attached image, does my Lateral Ceph. show a Narrow / Restricted Airway?

Thanks.

thedude

Re: Does my Lateral Ceph. show a Narrow / Restricted Airway?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 12:27:33 PM »
Maybe a little smaller than average?

The absolute size of your airway really is not that important in terms of evaluating sleep apnea. It’s the size of your airway relative to the size of your soft tissues, tonsils, tongue, uvula and other stuff in there that matter. Usually if the airway is bigger everything else is bigger too.

Almost anyone will sleep better if they make their airway bigger. You don’t need a diagnosis of sleep apnea for this to be the case (though you probably will to be able to talk someone into doing it). Most people could max out expansion in every direction and will still have airway obstruction when they sleep. Very very few people have no airway obstruction at all.

varbrah

Re: Does my Lateral Ceph. show a Narrow / Restricted Airway?
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 10:36:47 AM »
Maybe a little smaller than average?

The absolute size of your airway really is not that important in terms of evaluating sleep apnea. It’s the size of your airway relative to the size of your soft tissues, tonsils, tongue, uvula and other stuff in there that matter. Usually if the airway is bigger everything else is bigger too.

Almost anyone will sleep better if they make their airway bigger. You don’t need a diagnosis of sleep apnea for this to be the case (though you probably will to be able to talk someone into doing it). Most people could max out expansion in every direction and will still have airway obstruction when they sleep. Very very few people have no airway obstruction at all.
This.

From a soft tissue perspective though looks like you'd probably have sleep apnea problems, OP.