Author Topic: Is this possible with Genioplasty? Image + Ceph  (Read 823 times)

valhalar

Is this possible with Genioplasty? Image + Ceph
« on: May 10, 2022, 01:37:15 AM »
Hello guys,

I wondered if this (second picture morphed) was doable with a genioplasty: https://imgur.com/a/D49MKBr

I included images and ceph with Frankfurt plane, or at least as close as possible.

I read the fold would indicate I do have a chin and therefore my mandible is really just short? I have a normal bite so if it isn't doable with genioplasty I will probably just leave it, as bimaxillary surgery with CCW posterior downgrafting seems pretty excessive for aesthetic purposes? If you see anything completely off about my maxilla though let me know

I figured a small genio (a few mm) would balance out my side profile more.

In order to prevent the fold deepening I read I could do something like a box cut genio or genio with chin shield?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 02:12:38 AM by valhalar »

GJ

• Administrator
Re: Is this possible with Genioplasty? Image + Ceph
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 05:24:25 AM »
That's probably within possibility, but you'd likely need grafting to fill the groove.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

valhalar

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 05:50:03 AM »
Ok thanks, I’ll look into it. I know my (upper?) maxilla behind the nasal region is kind of “recessed”. It’s kind of annoying because I get nasolabial folds, perhaps due to hollow canine fossa (just a guess). But that’s just the luck of the draw.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2022, 08:13:39 AM »
Nice to see good protocol for doing a morph such as before/after side by side left/right, relative landmark lines drawn to target what has changed and what has not.

Now since the chin has moved in a diagonally downward vector (down and out), the displacement would not correspond with diagonally upward vector ( up and out) as in that type of sliding genio.

It would not be worth it to pursue a single (lower) jaw surgery or DJS for the look in the morph. So, a modest 'down and out' genio. Also, what you've shown in the morph, IMO, would be a legit communication tool in the event you wanted an isolated chin implant to do same/similar.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.