Surgeon Information > Surgeon Reviews and Leads

Scheduled with Alfaro for surgery but slightly worried about aesthetics.

(1/3) > >>

krizzobizzle:
So I'm currently in braces prepping for surgery and scheduled to have it Mr Alfaro Hernandez in Barcelona.

My only worry is that I really want to personalise the treatment plan, but I'm worried that even with detailed advice it may still deviate towards his aesthetic preference of longer more fuller faces.

Some cases I worry because I really prefer the before pictures, and I shouldn't feel that way about a 30-40k surgery.

I think its combination of the faces being too long and too full in the upper jaw region. Sometimes the chins being too large.

Maybe it's a a consequence off too much counter clockwise rotation and anterior maxillary movements.

As a female this is really not going to look good on my faceI feel.

Heres is a more visual example. I'm not a fan of the result of this patient

https://www.institutomaxilofacial.com/es/caso-clinico/leanne/

But I am more of a fan of this patient (I know she only had bsso here)

https://www.institutomaxilofacial.com/es/caso-clinico/nazly/

I guess the question I am trying to ask to be concise is:

1 ) Do other people feel the same about some of his results being too long in the face. It tends to look much better on male patients.

2 ) What is the best way to communicate this to him? should i just be blunt and upfront about my aesthetic preferences and make sure that there is minimal movements both vertically and anteriorly?

GJ:

--- Quote ---
1 ) Do other people feel the same about some of his results being too long in the face. It tends to look much better on male patients.

2 ) What is the best way to communicate this to him? should i just be blunt and upfront about my aesthetic preferences and make sure that there is minimal movements both vertically and anteriorly?

--- End quote ---

1. No. Looks balanced. A short face tends to age worse, too. Something to keep in mind.
2. Yes, just be blunt and express that you have a preference. But you don't want to plan your own surgery, so this is a slippery slope.

kavan:
In both cases, he's working with the face and bite the person already starts with. In the case you don't like, she starts with a very high slope to the jaw line (her jaw angle is up high close to her ear). So, that did not change significantly with the surgery, nor could it be expected to. In the case you do like, she STARTS with a short lower 1/3rd of the face and her jaw angle is LOWER on her face (further down from the ear). So, adding MORE length to her face (and projection) made her look better.

Basically, OUTCOMES are a FUNCTION of STARTING POINTS. So, if you start with a back jaw angle very high towards the ear; a very HIGH 'slope' to the jaw line which is something that contributes to apparent 'length' to the face, you can't expect to have an outcome similar to someone with a short face who has a jaw angle LOWER on the face who looks better because she also NEEDED MORE length to the face.

krizzobizzle:
Here is a scan of my starting point. Hope this helps.

Class 2 deep bite overjet/overbite with good chin position which likely needs set back.

Scheduled for surgery with Mr Hernandez after orthodontics.

https://imgur.com/IwHcqAJ

krizzobizzle:
Will follow up with some pictures.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version