Author Topic: What type of jaw surgery best suits me (photos included)  (Read 747 times)

GazeWithin

What type of jaw surgery best suits me (photos included)
« on: January 24, 2023, 08:10:07 PM »
Hi,

Recently I have been very heavily considering jaw surgery. I have a slight overbite but my main concerns are aesthetic.

Outside of having a class 2 bite my main aesthetic concerns are lack of bigonial width, lack of jaw angularity, recessed chin, short chin.
I have included my cbct scans and pictures of myself here https://imgur.com/a/UO5ZgoC

Based on the photos, what would you guys think would be the most appropriate procedures (I was considering BSSO w CCW but that may be a bit too involved)? Surgeon recommendations are also always appreciated. In general I want to know from this community what results I can expect from my face and scans.

GJ

• Administrator
Re: What type of jaw surgery best suits me (photos included)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 07:05:57 AM »
I don't know much about gonial width, but I think that would be something like implants. When you say jaw angularity, what are you referring to? It looks like you carry weight in your face naturally, and it's possible losing weight could increase that. You're on the right track with CCW, but it wouldn't just be BSSO if you wanted that. That would be double jaw. If you want BSSO only, and I do think this could be an option in your case, you'd probably have to extract two lower premolars and then advance the lower jaw forward. This would likely give the illusion of lengthening the chin, too, without having to touch it. I also think no surgery at all is a good option. You look fine as is.
Millimeters are miles on the face.