Author Topic: Which surgery and surgeon would be best for my situation?  (Read 813 times)

tom4705

Which surgery and surgeon would be best for my situation?
« on: April 04, 2023, 10:35:27 PM »
So basically I've been looking into various different jaw and chin surgeries for a few reasons. For one, I'm not at all happy with my facial look and its significantly impacted my confidence and dating prospects. A secondary issue is that I also have sleep apnea (I used to have it much worse when I was overweight, but I've since lost weight and it's not as severe, but still an issue.) I also think I have a bit of an overbite, although I'm not fully sure. I've been looking into multiple surgeries. Genioplasty, BSSO, and bimax (bimaxillary osteotomy) have been the ones I have considered possible for my case.  Can anyone give me suggestions over which I should consider, and perhaps recommend surgeons for the specific operation? Also, I see people talking about their jaw being pushed forward or backwards a certain measurement in mm. How would I know what would be appropriate measurements for me? Also, what are the chances I could get insurance to cover a surgery like bimax? Im located in NYC. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mediumdrinkofwater

Re: Which surgery and surgeon would be best for my situation?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2023, 05:25:03 AM »
From first glance it seems like you have a shortface with a deep bite. Usually this is corrected with bimax and clockwise rotation. If i were you I would see a maxillofacial surgeon and get professional consulting there.

tom4705

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2023, 09:16:20 PM »
Okay but given that the surgery is cosmetic for me and I want serious results are there any recommended surgeons? I'm willing to travel. Also how can I learn more about mm measurements and other factors related to bimax surgery? Please help me

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2023, 08:24:28 AM »
You have to post better records. At least an x-ray so we can see the bones.

Based on the photo, it does look like you have a short face. Some type of linear/CW movement could make sense depending on what is going on with the bones and bite.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

tom4705

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2023, 02:23:44 PM »
Where do I go to get an x-ray of my jaw?