General Category > Aesthetics

Can a genioplasty HARDWARE REMOVAL + REVISION be done 4 years after 1st surgery?

(1/1)

ChinaBoy420:
I got a big genioplasty done when I really needed a BSSO and I kind of regret it, and I won't have time for a revision (BSSO + genio setback) until I am done with university in 2026. I asked some European surgeons and they said its not an issue, but google says its very difficult to remove the plate after 1 year.

Idk if I should get the plate removed this year to ensure that my future revision is possible, because I will be cutting my mentalis muscle 3 times by the time the revision is finished, and I don't know how much damage this would do. But I am also concerned that if I don't remove it soon, when I do the revision they will cut me open only to realize that they can't remove the hardware and give me the setback I want.

Any advice would help, thank you.

GJ:
I had the plate removed after 9 years. Mostly it went fine. But every time you cut that muscle, you introduce risk. You'd probably want to just do revision for one cut in total if possible. If the surgeon is good, you can probably get away with 3.

ChinaBoy420:

--- Quote from: GJ on September 14, 2023, 06:45:21 AM ---I had the plate removed after 9 years. Mostly it went fine. But every time you cut that muscle, you introduce risk. You'd probably want to just do revision for one cut in total if possible. If the surgeon is good, you can probably get away with 3.

--- End quote ---
Thank you, I plan to go to Europe to get it removed during the revision with Pagnoni or Ramieri, they are both experienced surgeons.

You don't think cutting is twice would be a terrible risk right? I am rather new to the jaw surgery world but I don't think I have heard of people getting chin ptosis from opening the mentalis twice.

GJ:

--- Quote from: ChinaBoy420 on September 14, 2023, 02:59:27 PM ---You don't think cutting is twice would be a terrible risk right?

--- End quote ---

Every cut is more risk, but in general, this should be a surgery a good surgeon can perform.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version