General Category > Aesthetics

BSSO and Chingwing didn't yield the desired outcomes. Which surgeries do i need?

(1/2) > >>

lilaboy:
Greetings,

I underwent a BSSO (Lower Jaw Advancement) surgery last year, along with a ChinWing procedure to address my overbite. Due to my relatively short jaw, the modest advancement achieved through the BSSO (approximately 6mm) didn't yield the desired results. The ChinWing, although it brought my chin forward, did not lengthen my jaw that much (according to the surgeon i have very thin nerves and he couldnt advance my chin more). In fact, it resulted in slight asymmetry and rounding of my jaw angles.

I am now contemplating how to address these concerns. I'm seeking a more extended jaw to enhance my side profile, possibly in conjunction with a rhinoplasty. Additionally, I need to rectify the rounding of my face and jaw angles and a longer ramus to gain more jaw height. While I initially searched for proficient jaw implant surgeons in Germany, I could only find practitioners offering chin implants.

Consequently, I have a couple of questions:
1. What procedures would be suitable for achieving the desired jaw improvements, such as jaw implants?
2. If the answer to question 1 involves jaw implants, could you kindly recommend surgeons in Germany, Europe, or Turkey with expertise in this field?

I appreciate your assistance in this matter!

Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/YTedLWV

GJ:
I don't know of any way to achieve that if your anatomy is a limiting factor. Let Kavan chime in.

kavan:

--- Quote from: GJ on November 09, 2023, 10:54:45 AM ---I don't know of any way to achieve that if your anatomy is a limiting factor. Let Kavan chime in.

--- End quote ---

Please don't volunteer my time/attention for me. I might elect to silently PASS on some posters for some of the following general reasons:

1. If I've spent time on them before and a LOT of it and it proved FUTILE.

2: If there is any reason for me to believe that the poster would not be in capacity to relate to the conceptual advice I give. Consider that maxfax relationships are inherently GEOMETRICAL relationships. They are not 'emotional' or 'psyche' relationships. So, if any advice I would give actually DEPENDS on the poster having some fundamental (often elementary school) of geometrical priciples underbelt and/or being logical/rational to RELATE to the advice, the advice I can give goes NO WHERE in the absence of the person having some fundamental understanding of geometrical relationships under belt.

3: If the poster's issue resolves to needing advice as to some 'who knows what' MIND'S EYE look they would like to see in the mirror or they don't look 'perfect' enough to themselves.

4: If I've already spent time on prior posters (not the actual OP), got little to no thanks for it, I just might elect not to spend more time on multiple posters that come in.

In short, there could be a variety of reasons but they all resolve to NOT ENOUGH TIME on my part. I volunteer my time when I can but I don't volunteer it when I can't. Hence my request that you don't volunteer my time FOR me. Thank you.

TWGOAT:
I'd just go with jaw angle implants (gonial angle) if i were you, to give more sharpness since you dont like the roundness. It will also create illusion of length

lilaboy:

--- Quote from: TWGOAT on November 17, 2023, 01:21:55 PM ---I'd just go with jaw angle implants (gonial angle) if i were you, to give more sharpness since you dont like the roundness. It will also create illusion of length

--- End quote ---

Yes thats what im thinking about also. Any recommendations on which surgeon does these implants? I could only find surgeons in turkey but not sure about the quality

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version