Author Topic: Modified lefort 3 or other ways of cheekbone augmentation?  (Read 1566 times)

GJ

• Administrator
Re: Modified lefort 3 or other ways of cheekbone augmentation?
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2024, 10:45:28 AM »
What surprised me a TON is how both Earl and him refere to it as "milder than DJS" WHAT?

It's possible it requires less cutting of soft tissue, blood vessels, etc. That's going to determine swelling for the most part. I think the mouth has the most of any area of the body (I think I read this?), and DJS is more in that area, so maybe with the cuts higher up those decrease a bit. Just speculation, but that would be my guess.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

BurnSoul

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2024, 01:40:32 PM »
That makes sense but remember it's a 2 part operation that also requires lefort 1 to not advance the jaw is what I understood. Varbrah was right when he mentioned Modified lefort 3 isn't exactly the right name for it I guess, but now a days there isn't much distinction.

BurnSoul

« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2024, 02:41:00 PM »
Alright I got new information. Apparently Sinn called the procedure: "zygomatic bone advancement" he developed it in conjunction with some surgeon in Australia. I think he might be the only one that does it in the US. The surgeon from Australia he developed it with, if I had to guess would be Heggie since he also has written and made papers on it.