Author Topic: More reasons taking s**t out of the body is bad....  (Read 2252 times)

Lazlo

• Private
More reasons taking s**t out of the body is bad....
« on: October 11, 2013, 06:20:25 AM »
Just read this quote, apparently when you put an implant in it doesn't actually have any relationship with periodontic ligament. This is important for as the author notes "proprioception" (contra common believe we actually have dozens of sense beyond our basic 5 and this isn't any new age thing, it's fact). Proprioception is how we navigate notions of vertical and horizontality and our position in three-dimentional space. So for example how your relate your orientiation towards a horizon or the ground etc.. This is just another example of how everything in the body is so tightly engineered and these f**king orthos who extract teeth as if it's not a thing in the world are massively f**king with your bodies.

quote: "one of the downsides of implants is no periodontal ligament, which means no proprioreception. open your mouth and try to snap it shut as hard/quickly as you can, your proprioreception reflex would stop the action before any damage is done. now try with your mouth already closed and clench, you'll see the difference. this can lead to damage of the crowns/TMJ if the patient is biting too hard whilst masticating and doesn't realise it"

Lazlo

• Private
Re: More reasons taking s**t out of the body is bad....
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 01:43:58 PM »
and zero surprises were had.

oh you don't even want to know what id does the jaw bone, how painful it can be, how the alveolar bone needs to be prepared sometimes 15 months in advance, how determintal they are to surrounding teeth, how there's an 85 percent failure rate in the first 10 years blah blah blah.....

just one of a zillion reasons if your f**ktard ortho decides to extract a tooth you should probably just slap him.

overbiter

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 03:05:21 AM »
oh you don't even want to know what id does the jaw bone, how painful it can be, how the alveolar bone needs to be prepared sometimes 15 months in advance, how determintal they are to surrounding teeth, how there's an 85 percent failure rate in the first 10 years blah blah blah.....

just one of a zillion reasons if your f**ktard ortho decides to extract a tooth you should probably just slap him.

Are you sure you're not exaggerating the complications of having implants? I thought they were a pretty safe procedure, an 85 percent failure rate, are you sure?

I've never heard of proprioreception before but our sense of balance and where we are in space comes from our ear canals. If you damage them you get dizzy and can't balance properly. I reckon I could snap my mouth shut hard if I wanted to as well, I don't want to but I could.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 05:32:57 AM »
Are you sure you're not exaggerating the complications of having implants? I thought they were a pretty safe procedure, an 85 percent failure rate, are you sure?

I've never heard of proprioreception before but our sense of balance and where we are in space comes from our ear canals. If you damage them you get dizzy and can't balance properly. I reckon I could snap my mouth shut hard if I wanted to as well, I don't want to but I could.

look up proprioception

look up implants..

yeah i'm sure.