Author Topic: shaving head post-op  (Read 2021 times)

treevernal

• Private
shaving head post-op
« on: August 15, 2012, 09:08:49 PM »
So, I'm a class 2 case and I have a receeding hairline (who won the genetic lottery and has 2 thumbs? This guy!).  And I've been considering just shaving it all off once I'm done with surgery.  Honestly, it scares ne.  One guy I used to work with was shaved and he told me that he tried the shaved head once, but then the thinning portion never grew back so he had no choice but to just let it go; kinda scary. 

I figure since I'm gonna look better post-op (more angular jaw), I could, at that point, just go for it.  But I wonder if I have the right head shape.  It could turn out well and I could be like Bruce Willis, or I could look like a creepy guy with a bald head.  Hmm, maybe if I bulked up a bit more then I could pull off a more Willis type head.  Who knows. 

Any of you guys on here just go for it and shave your head?  My hair is failing me and I don't know if I should bother with it anymore.

CK

• Private
Re: shaving head post-op
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 09:39:01 PM »
well i imagine you'll be able to tell what you'd look like without hair post-surgery. it also depends where you are balding. some guys have hair from the top of their head to the back and none in the front. not a great look imo. receding hairlines are tough to judge. if your hair isn't tinning out, you can comb the hair forward and that works sometimes. do what feels right. for the first few weeks post-op i honestly couldn't care less about my hair or my looks because of the swelling and the discomfort. you could just take a magic marker and draw hair follicles on your skull hahahaha.

Antbee

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 09:52:17 PM »
Re the magic marker - actually there is a new technique now where you can have tiny follicular- type dots tattooed on your head 'filling in' thin areas. If all your hair is gone it would still look good, like a shaving shadow. Not sure what it's called but I read about it in Europe this summer. Costs something like 2000 GBP for the whole head.

treevernal

• Private
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 10:06:07 PM »
Re the magic marker - actually there is a new technique now where you can have tiny follicular- type dots tattooed on your head 'filling in' thin areas. If all your hair is gone it would still look good, like a shaving shadow. Not sure what it's called but I read about it in Europe this summer. Costs something like 2000 GBP for the whole head.

That actually sounds really cool.  I'd love to have an FUE transplant someday, but even with that you're limited in how much coverage you can get based off of your donor area. But that coupled with the tattooing could look good for a buzzed look...at least until they can get hair cloning figured out which I don't see happening any time soon :(

And based off of ideal proportions, my hairline is receeded by about 1cm in the front and thinning throughout on top :p

neferkitti

• Private
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 03:35:52 PM »
That actually sounds really cool.  I'd love to have an FUE transplant someday, but even with that you're limited in how much coverage you can get based off of your donor area. But that coupled with the tattooing could look good for a buzzed look...at least until they can get hair cloning figured out which I don't see happening any time soon :(
And based off of ideal proportions, my hairline is receeded by about 1cm in the front and thinning throughout on top :p

Have you consider trying a Rogain type product? I no little about its safety, so definitely look into that, but it worked well for my former BIL. He started getting pattern baldness in his early twenties, so he started using this. His hair looks pretty good now in his 40s. The hair loss didn't seem to progress after he started. Or, you can just shave your head. Lol. This looks pretty good on some guys.

Braced4life

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 06:41:03 PM »
Weird, maybe I study myself too much, but I have been shaving my head for years, always I good look for me, people actually commented that I looked better bald, anyway I had underbite prior to surgery thought head looked better with it. Now have a better looking mouth area but feel my head looked better had diff shape other way? Could my head of changed shape because of new bite changing bone structure on top of my head? My head used to be totally round, now has a slight bump toward top? I think this new bite has done this?