Author Topic: Before and after photos (bimaxillary plus genioplasty)  (Read 34270 times)

Langpam

Before and after photos (bimaxillary plus genioplasty)
« on: December 01, 2014, 06:16:55 AM »
Photo 1: 2 hours before surgery on 12 Nov 2014

http://imgur.com/6fzp8BM

Photo 2:  6 days post op

http://imgur.com/SVJ3yEv

Langpam

Re: Before and after photos (bimaxillary plus genioplasty)
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 03:20:41 AM »
Just to put my last post into context:

I started looking on this site some months ago and given that the members are generally in their 20s or 30s I wasn't sure it was going to be useful.

However I did actually get the name of the surgeon I ultimately chose from a discussion on this site  albeit a negative one!! Some of the criticisms such as short surgery time, actually appealed to me, given that I am over 60... The last thing I wanted was a lengthy operation.

And since the aim of the surgery was to cure my sleep apnoea I am over the moon with the result.
I look different now, younger and with a great profile.

Rico

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 11:40:39 PM »
What told your Doctor about micro / mini-plates ? You have to remove them in few years ?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 11:48:22 PM »
What told your Doctor about micro / mini-plates ? You have to remove them in few years ?
Unless they cause trouble - become visible because the skin is thin, get infected,etc., they stay in place.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 12:47:45 AM »
Photo 1: 2 hours before surgery on 12 Nov 2014

http://imgur.com/6fzp8BM

Photo 2:  6 days post op

http://imgur.com/SVJ3yEv

do you have full sensation or tingling at least in your lips/chin?

Langpam

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 09:19:29 AM »
Rico, as PloskoPlus said, the doctor said the mini plates and screws would stay unless there were an infection, though he said that is rare.
Lazio, I have full sensation everywhere except in my lower lip and chin. The chin has been tingling since week 1.
I posted another photo, 20 days post op, though I got the angle slightly wrong ( on another thread)
What do you think? I'm very happy and people actually tell me it has taken 20 years off my look!!

http://imgur.com/7C9TpKw

Alue

• Private
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 11:23:38 AM »
Just to put my last post into context:

I started looking on this site some months ago and given that the members are generally in their 20s or 30s I wasn't sure it was going to be useful.

However I did actually get the name of the surgeon I ultimately chose from a discussion on this site  albeit a negative one!! Some of the criticisms such as short surgery time, actually appealed to me, given that I am over 60... The last thing I wanted was a lengthy operation.

I look different now, younger and with a great profile.

Thanks for posting here.  It's somewhat re-assuring seeing older people go through this procedure.  I agree with minimizing the time spent under general anesthesia.   

Rico

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 01:41:00 PM »
Rico, as PloskoPlus said, the doctor said the mini plates and screws would stay unless there were an infection, though he said that is rare.
Lazio, I have full sensation everywhere except in my lower lip and chin. The chin has been tingling since week 1.
I posted another photo, 20 days post op, though I got the angle slightly wrong ( on another thread)
What do you think? I'm very happy and people actually tell me it has taken 20 years off my look!!

When it comes to foreign objects in the body I'm afraid of cancer.  But at the same time cancer may develope even when You do not have any metal inside ;)
BUT........ Your bones changes a little untill death. The installed metal not. So there is kinda risk that small deformation may occour in the future. I've read article about this problem. What about this issue ? Probably Doctor didn't tell :) Perhaps ask him...

Langpam

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2014, 01:52:04 PM »
I did all the research on the topic well before committing to this surgery. My son is also a doctor and was able to support me throughout.
In terms of risk assessment, Rico, it's possible to be hit by a car or a bus, but if you thought about this possibility too much you would never go out.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2014, 04:55:30 PM »
I did all the research on the topic well before committing to this surgery. My son is also a doctor and was able to support me throughout.
In terms of risk assessment, Rico, it's possible to be hit by a car or a bus, but if you thought about this possibility too much you would never go out.

Sorry, I don't know if you saw my question, do you have full sensation (or any sensation at this stage) in either of your lips and chin? I'm trying to figure out how common nerve damage is in this operation. Thanks.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2014, 06:15:20 PM »
Lazlo

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2014, 07:17:31 PM »
Yes, you look fantastic. It has improved your nose considerably and your whole look. Please do keep posting on your progress! And I'd very much like to know if the lip feeling improves.

Alue

• Private
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2014, 05:21:22 PM »
Yes, you look fantastic. It has improved your nose considerably and your whole look. Please do keep posting on your progress! And I'd very much like to know if the lip feeling improves.

Agreed, huge improvement, and it sounds like there was a big functionality improvement too.  That's a win win. 

It's interesting how it improved her nose,  I have a similar nose to her before picture because of my maxillary hypoplasia. 

PloskoPlus

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2014, 09:25:52 PM »
Agreed, huge improvement, and it sounds like there was a big functionality improvement too.  That's a win win. 

It's interesting how it improved her nose,  I have a similar nose to her before picture because of my maxillary hypoplasia.

Nose will look smaller in profile.

MaxilloMandibular

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2014, 03:06:08 AM »
Fantastic results. How much did it cost you? I'm considering Dr.Alfaro for my surgery.