Author Topic: Are these results possible????  (Read 4743 times)

David_D

• Private
Re: Are these results possible????
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2016, 05:34:16 PM »
Just a couple hours ago, I consulted with a dentist/orthodontist on the DNA appliance.  I showed him my models, we reviewed my imaging and photographs, and I outlined my objectives.  He said that I had a "high dental IQ" and expressed hesitation that the device would achieve my objectives.  He indicated that I had sufficient bone in place to allow for some posterior expansion.  I indicated that anterior expansion is much more important to me, including movement of the canines.

While he did not state that the appliance would not move the maxilla itself, he indicated that the DNA appliance is for people that want to avoid surgery.  I have no aversion to surgery and want significant anterior expansion.  I've concluded that SARPE, coupled with Invisalign, will achieve those objectives.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2016, 09:39:32 PM »
Just a couple hours ago, I consulted with a dentist/orthodontist on the DNA appliance.  I showed him my models, we reviewed my imaging and photographs, and I outlined my objectives.  He said that I had a "high dental IQ" and expressed hesitation that the device would achieve my objectives.  He indicated that I had sufficient bone in place to allow for some posterior expansion.  I indicated that anterior expansion is much more important to me, including movement of the canines.

While he did not state that the appliance would not move the maxilla itself, he indicated that the DNA appliance is for people that want to avoid surgery.  I have no aversion to surgery and want significant anterior expansion.  I've concluded that SARPE, coupled with Invisalign, will achieve those objectives.

Sarpe is a good idea, i don't know if you can do invisalign with sarpe though. how long does the sarpe device have to be in your mouth???

David_D

• Private
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2016, 10:29:26 PM »
Sarpe is a good idea, i don't know if you can do invisalign with sarpe though. how long does the sarpe device have to be in your mouth???

I don't know how long it will have to remain.  I'd like to fast track it if there is no major risk of adverse impact.  The orthodontist I saw today mentioned Invisalign as an option, and another one (who was my orthodontist when I had brace before and after two-jaw surgery previously) also mentioned it as a possible option, coupled with SARPE.

My bite is fine.  It's way too narrow for what I want aesthetically.  I want at least 6 mm added bilaterally (3 mm to each side).  I see no other way I can reduce the degree of curvature of the anterior palate.  Lateral tooth show is important to me, as well as reduction of buccal corridors.  I wish I had these concepts when I had surgery the first time; that said, I've no regrets as I had a tremendous improvement then.

Tomorrow, I consult with a maxillofacial surgeon on the SARPE and my jaws generally.  I'm hopeful to have a plan of action by the end of the appointment.

David_D

• Private
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2016, 02:55:18 PM »

I didn't explicitly ask that today.  The surgeon did mention "1/4 mm per day" as an expansion rate with the expander.  For me, I think that would mean a month or so at most.

The surgeon recommended a revision LeForte instaed of SARPE.  I get that he's concerned that SARPE might through the bite off thus requireing another LeForte.  I'd rather risk needing to do two surgeries and get the cosmetic result right this time.